Your Choice: Liberalism or the Constitution

Only total hater dupes believe Obama is doing unconstitutional things lol...a disgrace.

Showing that you are an imbecile is like putting a ducking stool on the Titanic....but....

1. Tthe White House attempt to strong arm investors in Chrysler to drop their contractual rights to be paid first in a bankruptcy. The White House demanded concessions and an abrogation of the contract, and have been directly threatened by the White House, if they didn’t give in.
This becomes a Constitutional issue, as Contract and Property rights should be sacrosanct. Lauria contends that as our government is composed of three independent branches, and the Executive is now taking over the role of the Judiciary.
News/Talk 760 WJR
White House Denies Charge By Attorney that Administration Threatened to Destroy Investment Firm's Reputation* - Political Punch

2. Article 1, section 6, paragraph 2: No Senator or Representative shall, during the time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil office…or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time… [Senator Clinton became Sec’y of State]

3. Article 1, section 7, paragraph 3 Every order, resolution, or vote to which the concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the same shall take effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him… [Signing statements aimed at modifying a bill’s intent. The President should either veto, or ‘faithfully execute.]

4. Article 1, section 8, paragraph 4:” To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;” [uniform: put the squeeze on Chrysler bondholders, choose which companies would fail or get bailouts]

5. refuse to enforce current immigration law

6. recess appointments

7. waiving work requirements in the Clinton welfare reform bill

8. change the dates and exemptions of ObamaCare law

9. 'no insurer may issue a policy that doesn't meet ACA requirements....he waived

it so policies can be reinstated.

. president 'executes laws'...

10. jonathan turley: obama stepped over the line...unconstitutional....dropping individual

mandates...extending employer mandates....immigration issue....decision must be made in
manner allowed by Constitution. 'Royal prerogative' of Obama only when intrusion on executive power....

QED...you are an imbecile.

PoliticalChic

Can you pose an unloaded question just once please?

Instead of asking a question like "Do you still beat your wife?", try something a little more honest.

The manner in which you pose questions does not beg for an answer, it begs for a defense against the indefensible. "Liberalism vs. the constitution. what a steaming pile of intellectual lassitude.

NO.
I have no such intention.

First of all, being boring may be your style....but it's not mine.

Secondly, you should acknowledge that it makes things more interesting.

And, third, I am always ready and able to support anything I post.

Put up ya' dukes!
It does not make things interesting. Posing loaded questions forces the respondent to first thrash your loaded question strawman. And, in the course of that thrashing, things get off topic or derailed in a quagmire of tangents. Nothing gets answered, nothing gets honest debate.

You may think of it as boring, I think of posing loaded questions as a thin disguise for the questioner. Perhaps she knows the wrongfulness of her position and tries to lead us down the primrose path of her choosing to avoid an honest answer which would refute her shaky position.

"It does not make things interesting."

Really...?

So....what are you doing here?

My motivation is simply to take commonly accepted "facts," memes, tropes that are the products of government schools and universities, and the lies of omission and commission, of the media, and reduce them to rubble.

Even those who have accepted the lies have the vague feeling that there is something wrong....but need to pretend to accept them to burnish their Liberal credentials.

And that is why you and others have the need to jump into the debate.

I will continue to stir the pot...and you will continue to find same interesting.

Put up ya' dukes, you wimp!
What am I doing here? I'm seeking honest debate and calling you on your dishonesty. I am not seeking to burnish my Liberal bona fides, no matter how much you might believe that, or at least pretend to believe that.

I do not see a vast conspiracy of lies coming from schools or mass media. Paranoia is not a trait associated with Liberals. That is to say there was never a Liberal Joe McCarthy.

PoliticalChic

Instead of asking a question like "Do you still beat your wife?", try something a little more honest.

The manner in which you pose questions does not beg for an answer, it begs for a defense against the indefensible. "Liberalism vs. the constitution. what a steaming pile of intellectual lassitude.

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!
It does not make things interesting. Posing loaded questions forces the respondent to first thrash your loaded question strawman. And, in the course of that thrashing, things get off topic or derailed in a quagmire of tangents. Nothing gets answered, nothing gets honest debate.

You may think of it as boring, I think of posing loaded questions as a thin disguise for the questioner. Perhaps she knows the wrongfulness of her position and tries to lead us down the primrose path of her choosing to avoid an honest answer which would refute her shaky position.

Really...?

My motivation is simply to take commonly accepted "facts," memes, tropes that are the products of government schools and universities, and the lies of omission and commission, of the media, and reduce them to rubble.

Even those who have accepted the lies have the vague feeling that there is something wrong....but need to pretend to accept them to burnish their Liberal credentials.

I will continue to stir the pot...and you will continue to find same interesting.

What am I doing here? I'm seeking honest debate and calling you on your dishonesty. I am not seeking to burnish my Liberal bona fides, no matter how much you might believe that, or at least pretend to believe that.

I do not see a vast conspiracy of lies coming from schools or mass media. Paranoia is not a trait associated with Liberals. That is to say there was never a Liberal Joe McCarthy.

I'm never dishonest.....you Lefties can never defeat the facts I post....notice how quickly the 'honest debate' refers to lil' ol' me rather than the facts.

Let's take the obvious meme you've attempted to resort to.....that Senator Joseph McCarthy wasn't a hero.

Challenge: can you name any non-communist whose life he was responsible for 'ruining'?
I always ask that question, as it proves my case....none of your has been able to answer successfully.

Wanna try?

We both know you'll be back, don't we....I'm the flame to you moths.

PoliticalChic

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

I'm never dishonest.....you Lefties can never defeat the facts I post....notice how quickly the 'honest debate' refers to lil' ol' me rather than the facts.

Let's take the obvious meme you've attempted to resort to.....that Senator Joseph McCarthy wasn't a hero.

Challenge: can you name any non-communist whose life he was responsible for 'ruining'?
I always ask that question, as it proves my case....none of your has been able to answer successfully.

Wanna try?

You called FDR's proposed legislation to expand the number of judges on the Court unconstitutional.

That is not a fact.

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

Wanna try?

You called FDR's proposed legislation to expand the number of judges on the Court unconstitutional.

That is not a fact.

And here, a return performance at open mic night....the NYLiar!

His act includes only two tricks:

Trick #1....lies

Trick #2....obfuscation and changing the subject

Today ....he's employed a combination of trick #1 and trick #2....

"You called FDR's proposed legislation to expand the number of judges on the Court unconstitutional."

I said that his attempts to subvert the Constitution was unconstitutional.
Packing the court would have removed the check on legislation.

Too nuanced for you?

Good to see I'm keeping you busy, NYLiar.

PoliticalChic

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

To Nosmo, and every other Liberal:

Do you see how I've destroyed any credibility you had in post #183?

You made a snide comment about the American hero, Joseph McCarthy.....much as other Liberals did recently about Chris Kyle......

...and I challenged you to support your Liberal meme-
Challenge: can you name any non-communist whose life McCarthy was responsible for 'ruining'?

Of course, you ran off to hide.

As I stated in post #183, I obliterate all those lies that the left so fervently believes in...and you just helped me prove it.

You leftists flock to these threads out of the mistaken belief that, since you've accepted as true these fairy tales for so long.....they must be true.
Then you find you can't support 'em.
Shouldn't you ask yourself why you never challenged them?
Makes you look both weak and stupid, huh?

Really...?

Wanna try?

That is not a fact.

Trick #1....lies

"You called FDR's proposed legislation to expand the number of judges on the Court unconstitutional."

Too nuanced for you?

You are wrong. There is no constitutional prohibition on the president and legislature from setting the number of judges on the Supreme Court.

Why is that so hard for you to understand? Oh right, you're a RWnut.

PoliticalChic

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

Wanna try?

Dalton Trumbo, Lillian Hellman, Adrian Scott, Ring Lardner Jr., Edward G. Robinson.

Really...?

Wanna try?

That is not a fact.

Trick #1....lies

Too nuanced for you?

You're getting as mindlessly repetitive as Kosh.

Now there's a goal to aspire to.

PoliticalChic

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

You made a snide comment about the American hero, Joseph McCarthy.....much as other Liberals did recently about Chris Kyle......

Challenge: can you name any non-communist whose life McCarthy was responsible for 'ruining'?

As I stated in post #183, I obliterate all those lies that the left so fervently believes in...and you just helped me prove it.

You leftists flock to these threads out of the mistaken belief that, since you've accepted as true these fairy tales for so long.....they must be true.
I ran off to work. I have a job and I cannot wile away the hours responding to unproductive members of society.

PoliticalChic

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

Wanna try?

Hundreds of gays lost their jobs because of McCarthy's other witchhunt against homosexuals:

In 1950, the same year that Senator Joseph McCarthy claimed 205 communists were working in the State Department, Undersecretary of State John Peurifoy said that the State Department had allowed 91 homosexuals to resign.[5][6] On April 19, 1950, the Republican National Chairman Guy George Gabrielson said that "sexual perverts who have infiltrated our Government in recent years" were "perhaps as dangerous as the actual Communists".[7] McCarthy hired Roy Cohn–later widely believed to be a closeted homosexual–as chief counsel of his Congressional subcommittee. Together, McCarthy and Cohn were responsible for the firing of scores of gay men from government employment and strong-armed many opponents into silence using rumors of their homosexuality.[8][9][10] In 1953, during the final months of the Truman administration, the State Department reported that it had fired 425 employees for allegations of homosexuality.[11][12][13]

Really...?

Wanna try?

That is not a fact.

Trick #1....lies

Too nuanced for you?

Why don't we just let the Supreme Court speak for itself?

"The Supreme Court consists of the Chief Justice of the United States and such number of Associate Justices as may be fixed by Congress."

A Brief Overview of the Supreme Court

Really...?

Wanna try?

That is not a fact.

Trick #1....lies

Too nuanced for you?

Really...?

Wanna try?

That is not a fact.

Trick #1....lies

Too nuanced for you?

You are wrong. There is no constitutional prohibition on the president and legislature from setting the number of judges on the Supreme Court.

Gee....why are you pretending not to understand post #185?

Oh....because it skewers you, and you are a liar.

Got it.

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

Wanna try?

Dalton Trumbo, Lillian Hellman, Adrian Scott, Ring Lardner Jr., Edward G. Robinson.

Not a single one of them was 'ruined.

Every one went on blithely with their careers.

Let's take Trumbo.....he was blacklisted in Hollywood.

Senator McCarthy had nothing to do with either Hollywood or with blacklisting.

So...you are ignorant of the issue you claim to be fervent about, and that is a prime requisite for being a 'reliable Democrat voter.'

But, I'll educate you....and see if you find a single error in the following.

1.Dalton Trumbo had been ‘blacklisted’ in Hollywood. This meant that he couldn’t use his real name on screenplays…so he wrote under the name ‘Robert Rich.’
Trumbo wrote approximately thirty scripts under pseudonyms and using fronts who relayed the money to him.

2. When he wrote ‘Spartacus,’ he was upset with numerous rewrites, and threatened to quit. Kirk Douglas didn’t want him to quit…so promised that if he would stay, Douglas would see that his real name was used in the credits.

3. His name was use in the following film, ‘Exodus.’ So ended the Hollywood Blacklist.

Ruined????? Hardly.

Now...was he a communist?

4. Appearing before HCUA in October 1947 with Alvah Bessie,Herbert J. Biberman,Lester Cole, John Howard Lawson, 'Ring Lardner Jr' ,Albert Maltz,Adrian Scott, and Samuel Ornitz, Trumbo - like the others - refused to answer any questions. In a defense strategy crafted by CPUSA lawyers, the soon-to-be-known-as "Hollywood 10" claimed that the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gave them the right to refuse to answer inquiries into their political beliefs as well as their professional associations.HCUA cited them for contempt of Congress, and the Hollywood 10 were tried and convicted on the charge.
Guess what the Supreme Court said about the convictions?

5. In 1949,Arthur Schlesinger Jr., wrote in The Saturday Review of Books, that Trumbo was in fact NOT a free speech martyr since he would not fight for freedom of speech for ALL the people, such as right-wing conservatives, but only for the freedom of speech of CPUSA members. The anti-communist Schlesinger, a Pulitzer Prize-winning Harvard historian, thought Trumbo and others like him were doctrinaire communists and hypocrites.
Dalton Trumbo - Biography - IMDb

6. Communists in high positions in Hollywood were able to see to it that ant-Communist works never made it to the screen. Writing in "The Worker," Dalton Trumbo bragged about de facto anti-Communist blacklisting. "We have produced a few fine films in Hollywood, a great many of which were vulgar and opportunistic and a few downright vicious. If you tell me Hollywood, in contrast with the novel and the theater, has produced nothing so provocative or so progressive asFreedom RoadorDeep Are the Roots, I will grant you the point, but I may also add that neither has Hollywood produced anything so untrue or so reactionary asThe Yogi and the Commissar,Out of the Night,Report on the Russians,There Shall Be No Night, orAdventures of a Young Man. Nor does Hollywood's forthcoming schedule include such tempting items as James T. FarrellBernard Clare, Victor A. KravchenkoI Chose Freedom, or the so-called biography of Stalin by Leon Trotsky." FrontPage Magazine - Orwell vs. Communism

7. Wanna get an idea what 'ruined' means?
"When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes."
Coulter

Let's review:
Trumbo was a communist
He was never 'ruined'
He appeared before the House Committee......McCarthy was a Senator
You, clearly, are a simpleton.

Wanna try?

That is not a fact.

Trick #1....lies

Too nuanced for you?

Wanna try?

That is not a fact.

Trick #1....lies

Too nuanced for you?

Gee....why are you pretending not to understand post #185?

Oh....because it skewers you, and you are a liar.

Got it.

All you said was:

"I said that his attempts to subvert the Constitution was unconstitutional.
Packing the court would have removed the check on legislation."

No it was not unconstitutional because the power to set the number of judges is a legislative power.

It was set legislatively at 6 in 1789, and raised to 9 in 1867, legislatively.

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

Wanna try?

Hundreds of gays lost their jobs because of McCarthy's other witchhunt against homosexuals:

In 1950, the same year that Senator Joseph McCarthy claimed 205 communists were working in the State Department, Undersecretary of State John Peurifoy said that the State Department had allowed 91 homosexuals to resign.[5][6] On April 19, 1950, the Republican National Chairman Guy George Gabrielson said that "sexual perverts who have infiltrated our Government in recent years" were "perhaps as dangerous as the actual Communists".[7] McCarthy hired Roy Cohn–later widely believed to be a closeted homosexual–as chief counsel of his Congressional subcommittee. Together, McCarthy and Cohn were responsible for the firing of scores of gay men from government employment and strong-armed many opponents into silence using rumors of their homosexuality.[8][9][10] In 1953, during the final months of the Truman administration, the State Department reported that it had fired 425 employees for allegations of homosexuality.[11][12][13]

"President Dwight D. Eisenhower issued Executive Order 10450 on April 27, 1953. Effective May 27, 1953, it revoked President Truman's 1947 Executive Order 9835 and dismantled its Loyalty Review Board program. Instead it charged the heads of federal agencies and the Office of Personnel Management, supported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), with investigating federal employees to determine whether they posed security risks. It expanded the definitions and conditions used to make such determinations.
Without explicitly referring to homosexuality, the executive order responded to several years of charges that the presence of homosexual employees in the State Department posed blackmail risks."
Executive Order 10450 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

NO.

Put up ya' dukes!

Really...?

I ran off to work. I have a job and I cannot wile away the hours responding to unproductive members of society.

That would be 'while.'

And that is one of the most diaphanous retreats of the day.

Have a good day at work....and take your time responding to the post.

Want me to write it for you?
Sure:
"I guess I was wrong in everything I wrote. You've convinced me that I've been lied to my whole life. I won't be a Liberal ever again!
sincerely, and so on and so forth...."

Does it bother you that the Ninth Amendment may pave the way for rights for other groups of people or on other issues that you might not approve of? Is the Ninth Amendment too general for you?

IF IF IF IF IF

The Constitution and the Ninth Amendment were still in effect they would have paved the way for rights for other groups of people that you would not approve . For example you and your ilk would NOT approve of my right NOT to be forced to

a) feed you
2) clothe you
3) insure you
4) provide free education up to , and including , community college
5) quench your thirst
6) refuse to pay for invading every country on the face of mother earth

As a matter of fact , the SCOTUS has REFUSED to recognized that the Ninth Amendment even exists - it hard to create a police state when the Constitution declares natural rights.

Bureaucrats like fascism, wherein they determine what rights, if any, the people will have.

You don't have any right to refuse to pay constitutional taxes.

You don't have any right to claim that taxes used to pay for any of the following are constitutional

Taxes used to

a) feed you
2) clothe you
3) insure you
5) quench your thirst

Does it bother you that the Ninth Amendment may pave the way for rights for other groups of people or on other issues that you might not approve of? Is the Ninth Amendment too general for you?

IF IF IF IF IF

The Constitution and the Ninth Amendment were still in effect they would have paved the way for rights for other groups of people that you would not approve . For example you and your ilk would NOT approve of my right NOT to be forced to

a) feed you
2) clothe you
3) insure you
5) quench your thirst

As a matter of fact , the SCOTUS has REFUSED to recognized that the Ninth Amendment even exists - it hard to create a police state when the Constitution declares natural rights.

Bureaucrats like fascism, wherein they determine what rights, if any, the people will have.

You don't have any right to refuse to pay constitutional taxes.

You don't have any right to claim that taxes used to pay for any of the following are constitutional

Taxes used to

a) feed you
2) clothe you
3) insure you
5) quench your thirst

Nail on the head!!!

And who do we have to thank for the embezzlement of taxpayer funds???

Yup....Franklin the First....
He took it upon himself to write his own Bill of Rights....

"The Second Bill of Rights was a list of rights proposed by Franklin D. Roosevelt during hisState of the Union Address on January 11, 1944.

Franklin "Constitution Be Damned" Roosevelt.

Really...?

Wanna try?

"President Dwight D. Eisenhower issued Executive Order 10450 on April 27, 1953. Effective May 27, 1953, it revoked President Truman's 1947 Executive Order 9835 and dismantled its Loyalty Review Board program. Instead it charged the heads of federal agencies and the Office of Personnel Management, supported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), with investigating federal employees to determine whether they posed security risks. It expanded the definitions and conditions used to make such determinations.
Without explicitly referring to homosexuality, the executive order responded to several years of charges that the presence of homosexual employees in the State Department posed blackmail risks."
Executive Order 10450 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

To the extent that irrelevant drivel can be fascinating, your post is fascinating.

Forum List

Back