You're Getting On The Fighting Side Of Me

And this....

"I had to comment on the Dixie Chicks thing. It irritated me, the way America reacted to those little girls' mistake. I just thought it was chickenshit. I got irritated about it, angry, and I just wanted to speak up for 'em. This is America, you know.

"It kinda pissed me off about what [the Chicks] said about Texas, and about the president, but, damn it, what about America? Are we that political now that we're gonna crucify these little gals that are probably the only creative thing country music has offered in years of any high quality? They sit alone. They're a golden nugget and to treat 'em that way was unfounded."

Merle got the spirit of the First Amendment. I think it might even be in that Constitution thing you mentioned.
I read it.

Still doesn't disprove what i posted.....and what we've been telling the left for years. During time of war drop the political bs.....and support your country.

But these assholes aren't protesting a war. They're protesting America, and so is Barack H. Oama.
Guess you missed the Bosnian conflict where Trent Lott threatened to cut off funding. That was the first time I ever heard criticism of a President during a conflict. Even so, I felt sorry for him when GWB cut him off at the ankles.
Well, you must have been born after Vietnam, because Nixon was blamed 24/7.

LBJ caught it much worse
Not from Republicans.
Yes he did...from everyone...that's why he backed out of a 2nd term run.

No.....that's Occupy WallStreet.

No, that makes no sense. The point was about fetishism.
You know fetishism? As in "I pledge allegiance to the flag" ..... not, you'll note, "to my country", but "to the flag".
Well, that's a fetish. Both pledging to it and stomping on it require fetishism.

Well, not everybody's into fetishism. Hence my point.

And you defend it like your life depends on it.

I didn't even opine on it.

Link?

What it really is, is an attempt to piss people off to the point that they get violent......and that, to me, is not necessary.
But then again.....that's just about the only thing liberals do well.

Yuh huh....

So what's your fucking point there, Shitforbrains, other than people who love this country stand up for the same principles that allowed these degenerates the right to do this and not like it at the same time?

Well no fucking shit, Sherlock!!!

ooOOOoooooooo somebody needs a hug?
No....but it's clear you need to take a crap....because you're full of it.

No.....that's Occupy WallStreet.

No, that makes no sense. The point was about fetishism.
You know fetishism? As in "I pledge allegiance to the flag" ..... not, you'll note, "to my country", but "to the flag".
Well, that's a fetish. Both pledging to it and stomping on it require fetishism.

Well, not everybody's into fetishism. Hence my point.

And you defend it like your life depends on it.

I didn't even opine on it.

Link?

What it really is, is an attempt to piss people off to the point that they get violent......and that, to me, is not necessary.
But then again.....that's just about the only thing liberals do well.

Yuh huh....

So what's your fucking point there, Shitforbrains, other than people who love this country stand up for the same principles that allowed these degenerates the right to do this and not like it at the same time?

Well no fucking shit, Sherlock!!!

ooOOOoooooooo somebody needs a hug?
No....but it's clear you need to take a crap....because you're full of it.

That's your link?

Allllllllllrighty then.

Medical Insurance company sent me three or four bills last year, telling me I need to pay money; for where the company I work for..... Did not pay my insurance premium.

I had to take the bills to my boss, to have them paid.

Shadow 355

The fact that a protestor is allowed to disrespect our flag is a symbol of how great that flag is

huh?

yeah sure and 2+2=5

:cuckoo:

You really don't understand our Constitution do you?
To me that is not the point. Just because you can does not mean you should. This type of conduct is the beginning of the eroding of social values and Mores. Having respect is not something that be commanded by law but but the values each person holds to be true.

The fact that a protestor is allowed to disrespect our flag is a symbol of how great that flag is

huh?

yeah sure and 2+2=5

To me that is not the point. Just because you can does not mean you should. This type of conduct is the beginning of the eroding of social values and Mores. Having respect is not something that be commanded by law but but the values each person holds to be true.

Absolutely......use your own constitutional right to free speech to condemn the action

But at the same time celebrate a Constitution that allows you to deface a flag in protest

huh?

yeah sure and 2+2=5

Absolutely......use your own constitutional right to free speech to condemn the action

But at the same time celebrate a Constitution that allows you to deface a flag in protest
Effectively, whatever message the person/group is attempting to get across is lost behind the destruction.

huh?

yeah sure and 2+2=5

Effectively, whatever message the person/group is attempting to get across is lost behind the destruction.
Very true....it detracts from the message

But is still a right of citizenry that most nations do not have

huh?

yeah sure and 2+2=5

The OP is not suggesting it is, based on the following he objects to the action.

"You want to stand on our country's symbol because you hate it. I can think of plenty places you can move to.

How about Cuba."

I agree with him, while in their rights, this type of destruction is repugnant.

huh?

yeah sure and 2+2=5

Not to mention the fact that the purpose is meant just to piss everyone off.

If you want people to understand your message, you're not going to get any understanding by being a jerk about it.

Personally, I think blacks are just making things worse for themselves by acting this way. Nothing good can come from it......and I think that is what they ultimately want. You're not going to get me to like you any more if you stomp all over my country.

The OP is not suggesting it is, based on the following he objects to the action.

"You want to stand on our country's symbol because you hate it. I can think of plenty places you can move to.

How about Cuba."

Good point.....Lets look at a country that allows you to denigrate the leaders or its flag vs Cuba

That is what makes this country great

How about Cuba."

Good point.....Lets look at a country that allows you to denigrate the leaders or its flag vs Cuba

That is what makes this country great
Yep......keep polishing that turd bub.

I read it.

Still doesn't disprove what i posted.....and what we've been telling the left for years. During time of war drop the political bs.....and support your country.

But these assholes aren't protesting a war. They're protesting America, and so is Barack H. Oama.
Guess you missed the Bosnian conflict where Trent Lott threatened to cut off funding. That was the first time I ever heard criticism of a President during a conflict. Even so, I felt sorry for him when GWB cut him off at the ankles.

LBJ caught it much worse
Not from Republicans.

Republicans STILL support the war in Vietnam
It was the Democrats that got us into Vietnam and a Republican to get us out.

LBJ caught it much worse
Not from Republicans.

Then why do Republicans still support the fucking thing?

Stepping, spitting and pissing on the flag of a country is stepping, spitting and pissing on all the citizens of that country.

Despicable that it may be, it is nothing compared to the actions of the quisling poltroons who step, spit and piss on the flag of their own country.

Americans who do that to the American flag should chill. Benedict Arnold, the Rosenbergs, and Jane Fonda have already got the glory they seek by their action.

You forgot Reagan. Committed high-crimes while in office and should have spent his life in prison.

LBJ caught it much worse
Not from Republicans.

Then why do Republicans still support the fucking thing?
I don't know any of them that suppor war in Vietnam.

It was idiotic to get involved in that war.

Why are Democrats always getting the US involved in wars that have nothing to do with our national security?

For example, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam. None of them had anything to do with US national security. We took massive casualties. And the Democrats used conscripts as cannon fodder to fight them. Conscription is a particularly vile form of slavery. Democrats are just plain evil motherfuckers.

Forum List

Back