1 in 5 US Renters Risk Eviction by 9/30/2020

It's a big country out there, and all of the areas weren't affected equally...

So there wasn't a "National" (or "one size fits all") solution...
Because it's a big country only a national response (like the one New York and New Jersey adopted last spring) would have prevented our national disgrace (unless you think 4% of the world's population warrants 25% of the world's Covid-19 total deaths); are you too tired of winning yet?

National responses to the COVID-19 pandemic - Wikipedia

"On 28 January 2020, the federal government publicly released its approach to COVID-19 testing.[475]

"Despite this, the U.S. testing effort was slow, obscuring the extent of the outbreak.[476][477]

"Many of the 160,000 test kits produced in February were found to be defective and were not used.[476]

"Academic laboratories, hospitals and private companies were not allowed to use their own tests until 29 February, when the FDA started issuing approvals for them.[476]

"Initially, there were eligibility restrictions for receiving a COVID-19 test (based on recent international travel, hospitalization for respiratory illness, or contact with another person already diagnosed with COVID-19).

"By 27 February, fewer than 4,000 tests had been conducted in the United States.

He's too stupid to be POTUS.

Translation: "I'm a lazy fucker that won't work, so I want the people that DO work to pay for whatever I want!!!"
Who told you no one works in a communist economy? The biggest difference between that arrangement and the capitalist version is this: in the former there would be no simultaneous shortage of those willing to work and available jobs, something the profit motive guarantees.

Desmond recaptures some history:

'The distinctly American desire to own a home is just as pronounced among the poor as it is among the middle class. Since the pioneer days, freedom and citizenship and landholding have advanced in lockstep in the American mind. To be American was to be a homeowner. As for tenancy, it was "unfavorable to freedom," Thomas Hart told Congress in 1820. "It lays the foundation for separate orders in society, annihilates the love of country, and weakens the spirit of independence."(cited in Vale L, From the Puritans to the Projects: Public Housing and Public Neighbors, Harvard, 2000, p. 96).'
(Desmond M, Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City)
The Great Debate continues:
Is there too much or too little government "intervention" in the economy?

The Economics Debate: The Problem isn't Bad Economics, It's Bad Science - Evonomics

"'The test of science is its ability to predict'
— Richard Feynman

"As if governed by some deterministic law, the current debates between economists and critics follow a predictable path.

"Critics begin by mentioning the failure of economists to predict or warn of the crisis.

"Howard Reed for example recently wrote in Prospect that ‘When the great crash hit a decade ago, the public realised that the economics profession was clueless.’"

Translation: "I'm a lazy fucker that won't work, so I want the people that DO work to pay for whatever I want!!!"
Who told you no one works in a communist economy? The biggest difference between that arrangement and the capitalist version is this: in the former there would be no simultaneous shortage of those willing to work and available jobs, something the profit motive guarantees.

Almost no one works voluntarily...

That's the only way to get to your dream of unlimited free shit - slavery. What democrats have preferred all along.

Who told you no one works in a communist economy?

They pretend to pay us, we pretend to work.

The biggest difference between that arrangement and the capitalist version is this: in the former there would be no simultaneous shortage of those willing to work and available jobs,

And that's why the Soviet economy is bigger than ours, eh comrade?

Because in the greatest economy the world has ever known, people are being evicted from their apartments.

That was pre-covid Hoax
Luckily literally no one blames our very fine President or believes that Biden would be better.

The responses are for all readers, not simply for the post #. The mention of 'pretending to work' on this thread, links to the laziness of clicking on a quote button, as well as it does to the mysticism of the concept of surplus labor. Coming closer to the underlying dupage linked to capitalist extortion, extortion should be defined. Websters: extort 'to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power; to gain especially by ingenuity or compelling argument.'

So a bunch of fucking illegals will lose their homes. Go back to fucking Mexico, I'm sure there are tons of places to live in that shit infested shithole of a country.

This is great news, frees up more housing options for American citizens.

Couple a things you moronic twat-faced loser:
1) Where does it say they are illegals?
2) Who would be a landlord. Okay, let's evict all those 20 million people. Who're ya gonna rent your house to now?

So what you are really saying is that to you the OP sounds like Fake News.
Yeah, to me too.

The responses are for all readers, not simply for the post #. The mention of 'pretending to work' on this thread, links to the laziness of clicking on a quote button, as well as it does to the mysticism of the concept of surplus labor. Coming closer to the underlying dupage linked to capitalist extortion, extortion should be defined. Websters: extort 'to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power; to gain especially by ingenuity or compelling argument.'

The responses are for all readers, not simply for the post #.

When you reply to an actual post, your responses are visible to all readers and because they can all see who/what you're responding to, your point, weak though it may be, makes at least a little more sense.

The mention of 'pretending to work' on this thread, links to the laziness of clicking on a quote button, as well as it does to the mysticism of the concept of surplus labor.

Your post said to #28, were you trying to respond to #286?

Are you ever going to explain "surplus labor" or how it is extorted?

Contrary to the claim, Florida hospitals, are not overwhelmed.

I know that the freak-out-forever news media claims they are. They are not.
They are.
Thanks to Trump and his loyal little Turds.
florida-covid-cases-1.jpg

If Florida were a country, it would rank fourth in the world for most new coronavirus cases in a day

Then, how the hell those Public Housing units were populated mainly by black people? My guess is because they didn't have good income, enough to pay the rent asked by landlords. Very simple.
As simple as redlining, race codes, and white supremacists in high places:
0614_cover-1edit5.jpg

"From the 1930s through the 1960s, black people across the country were largely cut out of the legitimate home-mortgage market."

The Case for Reparations

Initially, black people were denied public housing. Integrated neighborhoods were destroyed for public developments that only accepted white applicants.

Hopefully that isn't too complex for brainless white bigots to grasp?:stir:

How does this work for an October Surprise?
19-23-million-1024x529.png

20 Million Renters Are at Risk of Eviction; Policymakers Must Act Now to Mitigate Widespread Hardship - The Aspen Institute

"Mass evictions would be a disaster.

"For both individuals and families, evictions result in severe harm; when they become widespread, there are also significant consequences for entire communities and even the speed of economic recovery.

"Policymakers are actively seeking solutions, but it is difficult to prepare without knowing the size of the problem.

"The COVID-19 Eviction Defense Project (CEDP) was formed to solve that problem.

"It is a coalition of economic researchers and legal experts who developed a model to estimate eviction risk nationally and at the state level.

"The disturbing result: 19 to 23 million, or one in five of the 110 million Americans who live in renter households, are at risk of eviction by September 30, 2020."

I've noticed an uptick in the number of tents on the sidewalks around my neighborhood for years, but so far, only single adults live in them; what happens when children, and their middle-class (white:eek:) parents who have never experienced homelessness before, begin living on the streets?
Why dont they find jobs and pay the rent?

Then, how the hell those Public Housing units were populated mainly by black people? My guess is because they didn't have good income, enough to pay the rent asked by landlords. Very simple.
As simple as redlining, race codes, and white supremacists in high places:
0614_cover-1edit5.jpg

"From the 1930s through the 1960s, black people across the country were largely cut out of the legitimate home-mortgage market."

The Case for Reparations

Initially, black people were denied public housing. Integrated neighborhoods were destroyed for public developments that only accepted white applicants.

Hopefully that isn't too complex for brainless white bigots to grasp?:stir:

Jesus Christ -

White people have built public housing Units after public housing units, after public housing units.
FOR Colored peoples
And Buses to get their fat asses back and forth to their made up Gubmint job.
They simply destroy them, because that's who they are.
That's why they can't have anything nice.

#281: Your perspective is biased toward testing whereas there were other things going down in California and New York that would have effects on the stats of a collective genome: the mutations C14408T, A23403G, G25563T, and the triple mutation, A23403G-C14408T-G25563T.

#292: You should be given a pop quiz on the material already presented, so that all readers can see the pathology. Challenger gets restless, and arrogantly tries to put a time parameter onto our explanation process. Are you Californian? If so, where is the follow-up reports to the fires?

Forum List

Back