1 MEELLION Signatures!!!!

That wasn't the claim, was it?

Well, consider what he said in this post.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/204003-1-meellion-signatures-27.html#post4708694

He's pushing the idea that college doesn't achieve success with the qualifier that it's not true in all cases. While there are some occupations where college wouldn't make a lot of difference, do you generally talk down college to a high school kid looking for career advice? God, no. To suggest it's a hindrance, as he did, is crazy.
Not really. You don't need a degree to be a plumber, do you? And plumbers make excellent money.

You said:
Trying making decent money legally without one. There may be exceptions, but it's not the rule. Even kids still in school know that.
Skilled trades make very good money. No degree required.
Two examples to boot.

BMW certified mechanics (not a degree or college program) make over 120k a year.
Railroad Engineers (16 week course) Earn 120k+ after 4 years and go up from there.

I find ridiculing them is always fun, because they're so convinced of their own superiority. :)

And that self-inflated and superior attitude when you have done nothing to have such an attitude in concert wiht your above post says everything that needs to be said about you. LOL
Shall we compare resumes? :lol:

Are you actually asking me to share personal information?? How would you prove anything said on this board?

Furthermore, your arrogance and superior attitude on this board is undeserving based on what and how you post. Any intelligent person would know that is what I was referring to.

Thanks for showing that you are not intelligent enough to grasp such a simple concept.

LOL

Speaking of self-important stuffed shirts...

Thanks for announcing your arrival. LOL
What announced my arrival was laughter. At YOU.

You stuffed shirts absolutely HATE that not everyone takes you as seriously as you demand.

Tough shit. :lol:

LOL keep telling youself that as you try desperately to define me when you know nothing about me personally.

That shows desperation on your part and I can see why you continue to stalk me and troll into other threads with your baseless personal attacks. LOL

Why are you so desperate to try to tear me down? I must have done something right to deserve such attention. LOL

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

I don't know if anyone posted this already, I've been away for at least a week.

However, Scotty Walker's A$$ is grass!!

Wisconsin recall petition gets over 1 million signatures; Democratic challenger Falk steps forward - The Washington Post

I know that Scotty and many or even most on the RW didn't expect such a LOUD denouncement of his radical hard-RW policies.

There is sure to be a re-election now, and none of their Big Corporate money could stop the juggernaut of the Will of the People!!

YES!!!!

:clap2:

Looking forward to scott walker winning again. We would like to take the opportunity to thank those of you in the communist portion of the left for allowing Walker to prove once again that his policies are what the people want, not the extremist left wing ding bat lunacy that you support.

drsmith-thepain.jpg

What the hell gave you the stupid idea you deserve anything else?

I expect childish retorts from children who don't get their way and throw tantrums. So I expect nothing more from a child like you. Your trolling has validated that belief.
Yes, we've seen that from you a great deal. :lol:

Thanks for the "i'm rubber, you're glue" defense and showing how right I am about your childish trolling.

How many more threads are you going to follow me into so you continue this tantrum?? LOL

That wasn't the claim, was it?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/204003-1-meellion-signatures-27.html#post4708694

He's pushing the idea that college doesn't achieve success with the qualifier that it's not true in all cases. While there are some occupations where college wouldn't make a lot of difference, do you generally talk down college to a high school kid looking for career advice? God, no. To suggest it's a hindrance, as he did, is crazy.
Not really. You don't need a degree to be a plumber, do you? And plumbers make excellent money.

You said:
Trying making decent money legally without one. There may be exceptions, but it's not the rule. Even kids still in school know that.

Do you seriously want a plumber who has no proper training or certification to work on your house?? WOW! Are you seriously arguing that there should be no requirements for classifying ones self as a plumber?? Damn those building codes and lay those pipes. LOL Eh who cares they will just have to pay a licensed plumber to come in a fix the mess left by the other guy but what is money anyway? LOL

Education Requirements
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes that most plumbers are trained through apprenticeships, because these programs offer the most comprehensive training in the field (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Apprenticeships may be available through local branches of contractor organizations and unions, like the National Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors and the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry. Programs generally last 4-5 years and couple in-class instruction with paid, on-the-job training.

In-Class Instruction
Classroom training generally lasts between 500 and 750 hours. Coursework begins with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety training courses. First-year requirements may also include completing first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training. Thereafter, apprentices take courses in mathematics, blueprint reading and plumbing basics, including instruction on pipes, valves and fittings. Intermediate courses in apprenticeship programs often cover a host of topics ranging from gas lines to bathtubs.

On-the-Job Training
Most apprenticeships require completing 7,500-8,000 hours of on-the-job training. Working with journeymen and master plumbers, apprentices learn to cut holes in studs, walls and floors, as well as install piping and fixtures. They're trained to use soldering irons and power tools, like reciprocating saws. Additionally, apprentices receive instruction in plumbing and building codes, dealing with clients and answering questions for inspectors.

Licensing
Once formal training is complete, apprentices become journeymen plumbers. Most states require journeymen plumbers to be licensed. Although requirements vary, the BLS reports that most states require 2-5 years of experience and successful completion of a state board examination. Continuing education is generally required in order to keep the license current.

[/qhttp://education-portal.com/articles/Construction_Educational_Requirements_for_Becoming_a_Plumber.htmluote]

Higher education when used to achieve knowledge in a marketable skill is a good thing.
Those who go to college and earn "any" degree are setting themselves up for struggle and disappointment.
The problem I see is that of entitlement. Those who come out of school with a BA in whatever believe they are owed something. That something is a white collar job right out the gate that will allow them to live comfortably for the rest of their lives. After all that is what these kids have been told would happen. How anyone could think this is possible with well over 1.5 million people earning college degrees each year is a mystery.
"Work hard ,go to school and the rest will take care of itself". The problem is those delivering the message neglect to tell these deserving skulls full of creamed farina that once they get their degree, the work has JUST BEGUN.

There you go inserting you opinion over that of otthers as you presume to know what they are thinking. LOL

You said:
Two examples to boot.

BMW certified mechanics (not a degree or college program) make over 120k a year.
Railroad Engineers (16 week course) Earn 120k+ after 4 years and go up from there.

Actually this is where it started

Those that chose not to go for further education after HS should be automatically turned away for their work quality, knowledge, and work ethic lags far behind those that get more education.

and YOU shifted to focus of the argument to college degrees with YOUR response.
However, based on the initial argument presented by initforme the two that you list would have received "further education after HS" soour success stories required training after HS therefore they fit right into initforme's argument about further education after HS.

Last edited:

You said:
Two examples to boot.

Yup. Beats hell out of a MA grad in 17th Century French Poetry asking, "You want fries with that?"

And that self-inflated and superior attitude when you have done nothing to have such an attitude in concert wiht your above post says everything that needs to be said about you. LOL

Are you actually asking me to share personal information?? How would you prove anything said on this board?

Furthermore, your arrogance and superior attitude on this board is undeserving based on what and how you post. Any intelligent person would know that is what I was referring to.

Thanks for showing that you are not intelligent enough to grasp such a simple concept.

LOL
:rofl: You're doing it again! Go on, threaten to hold your breath and turn blue if I don't acknowledge your superiority!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for announcing your arrival. LOL
What announced my arrival was laughter. At YOU.

You stuffed shirts absolutely HATE that not everyone takes you as seriously as you demand.

Tough shit. :lol:

LOL keep telling youself that as you try desperately to define me when you know nothing about me personally.
"Furthermore, your arrogance and superior attitude on this board is undeserving based on what and how you post." :lol:

Yeah, we get it. We're supposed to just take your word for it that you're the smartest guy in the room. :lol:
That shows desperation on your part and I can see why you continue to stalk me and troll into other threads with your baseless personal attacks. LOL
"Stalk" you? Tissue? :lol:

Grow up, you sissy bedwetter. You want a blank check to be able to say what you want without being called on it.

Not happening here. Perhaps you should go back to DU or HuffPo.
Why are you so desperate to try to tear me down? I must have done something right to deserve such attention. LOL
Man, you're a whiner. :lol:

I'm not desperate to tear you down, no matter how much your victimhood fantasy tells you I am.

I'm making fun of a pompous ass. You don't like it? Stop being a pompous ass. Simple, huh?

You'd think someone as mature and intelligent as you allegedly are could have figured that one out. Guess not. :razz:

I expect childish retorts from children who don't get their way and throw tantrums. So I expect nothing more from a child like you. Your trolling has validated that belief.
Yes, we've seen that from you a great deal. :lol:

Thanks for the "i'm rubber, you're glue" defense and showing how right I am about your childish trolling.

How many more threads are you going to follow me into so you continue this tantrum?? LOL
I just explained it to you. Quit being a pompous ass, and no one will call you a pompous ass.

But you're just going to have to live with the facts that you don't get to say whatever you want without repercussions, and you don't get to dictate how others treat you.

Put me on Ignore, pansy, if I'm hurting your widdle feewings. :lol:

Do you seriously want a plumber who has no proper training or certification to work on your house?? WOW! Are you seriously arguing that there should be no requirements for classifying ones self as a plumber?? Damn those building codes and lay those pipes. LOL Eh who cares they will just have to pay a licensed plumber to come in a fix the mess left by the other guy but what is money anyway? LOL

Great Gaea's gargantuan gazongas. And you wonder why no one's kissing your ass.

I didn't say that, you fucking dumbass.

Newsflash for the fucking dumbass: Plumbing apprenticeships aren't necessarily taken at universities, and don't lead necessarily lead to a degree. They're administered by unions.

So a plumber isn't going to have to have a degree.

Did I mention you're a fucking dumbass? True story!

Higher education when used to achieve knowledge in a marketable skill is a good thing.
Those who go to college and earn "any" degree are setting themselves up for struggle and disappointment.
The problem I see is that of entitlement. Those who come out of school with a BA in whatever believe they are owed something. That something is a white collar job right out the gate that will allow them to live comfortably for the rest of their lives. After all that is what these kids have been told would happen. How anyone could think this is possible with well over 1.5 million people earning college degrees each year is a mystery.
"Work hard ,go to school and the rest will take care of itself". The problem is those delivering the message neglect to tell these deserving skulls full of creamed farina that once they get their degree, the work has JUST BEGUN.

There you go inserting you opinion over that of otthers as you presume to know what they are thinking. LOL
Not only are you a fucking dumbass, you're a fucking hypocrite.

You said:

Education Requirements
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes that most plumbers are trained through apprenticeships, because these programs offer the most comprehensive training in the field (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Apprenticeships may be available through local branches of contractor organizations and unions, like the National Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors and the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry. Programs generally last 4-5 years and couple in-class instruction with paid, on-the-job training.

In-Class Instruction
Classroom training generally lasts between 500 and 750 hours. Coursework begins with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety training courses. First-year requirements may also include completing first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training. Thereafter, apprentices take courses in mathematics, blueprint reading and plumbing basics, including instruction on pipes, valves and fittings. Intermediate courses in apprenticeship programs often cover a host of topics ranging from gas lines to bathtubs.

On-the-Job Training
Most apprenticeships require completing 7,500-8,000 hours of on-the-job training. Working with journeymen and master plumbers, apprentices learn to cut holes in studs, walls and floors, as well as install piping and fixtures. They're trained to use soldering irons and power tools, like reciprocating saws. Additionally, apprentices receive instruction in plumbing and building codes, dealing with clients and answering questions for inspectors.

Licensing
Once formal training is complete, apprentices become journeymen plumbers. Most states require journeymen plumbers to be licensed. Although requirements vary, the BLS reports that most states require 2-5 years of experience and successful completion of a state board examination. Continuing education is generally required in order to keep the license current.

[/qhttp://education-portal.com/articles/Construction_Educational_Requirements_for_Becoming_a_Plumber.htmluote]
Degreed by education( College) and degreed by experience/certification are mutually exclusive.
Stop deflecting. The issue is a 4 year college or university degree. Nothing else.

LOL

no stupid..just work and experience. you could leave out the personal stuff.
What a yutz.

There you go making no sense whatsoever.
Ever heard of Occupy Wall Street?
Countless on the street interviews of people claiming to be college grads demanding among other things, their student loans be forgiven, jobs of THEIR choice offered to them without delay because after all they spent a couple hundred thousand getting their degree in Greek Philosophy...One can only draw the conclusion that these people attended and graduated with a degree with certain expectations. That is the definition of personal feelings of entitlement.
Wake and up smell the java, will you.
You have no valid argument here. Your position is defeated, yet to insist on standing in the middle of the crowded room screaming that you are the one who is correct and everyone else is clueless.
Of course you had NOTHING of substance in rebuttal to me post. This is a common refrain with you. Arguing just to argue.

Hmmm did Steve Jobs have a college degree?? What about Truett Cathey?? Hmmmmmm, I'm thinking some of these college kids that are graduating with a 4 year BA don't really know what works is. Funny my 4 year degree meant very little until I started my own business.

LOL
:rofl: You're doing it again! Go on, threaten to hold your breath and turn blue if I don't acknowledge your superiority!

LOL You and your exaggerations and distortions.
You ask me if i want to compare personal info and I point out how moronic it is to suggest doing that because there is no way to prove anything said on this board.
Then instead of even trying to defend your indefensible position or showing that you have to integriy to admit when you are wrong you continue to come at me personally.

How sad is that? LOL
LOL

LOL

LOL You and your exaggerations and distortions.
You ask me if i want to compare personal info and I point out how moronic it is to suggest doing that because there is no way to prove anything said on this board.
Then instead of even trying to defend your indefensible position or showing that you have to integriy to admit when you are wrong you continue to come at me personally.

How sad is that? LOL
LOL
:lol: You don't even see your arrogance. It's just natural to you. Birds fly, fish swim, and you're smarter than everyone else. :lol:

Forum List

Back