10/2020: Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

So in either case they get all used up? What's the difference who uses them up? Besides there's quite a bit of remaining fossil fuels. Wouldn't it make more sense to let the transition happen organically instead of artificially?

And how exactly are we leaving a world much worse off? Isn't it worse to deprive the poorer countries of fossil fuels? Shouldn't we be making their lives better by producing more fossil fuels to drop the price so they can afford them?
So you don't want your progeny to benefit from any use of fossil fuels ? Think what you're saying. Plus we destroying this world the more we use fossil fuels. Oil is used in.medicatipn preparation. Many specialized minimal uses. That's what it needs to be saved for. Creating synthetic oil is too costly to be competitive and not as useful either.

ahh Stann , you make me laugh dude. Especially the part about letting our kids use up the fuel we're using. Hilarious my man. Did you make that up, or did someone give that to you?
You and electra must be well paid to try to keep defending the status quo on fossil fuels which everyone knows isn't wise or sustainable.

So you don't want your progeny to benefit from any use of fossil fuels ? Think what you're saying. Plus we destroying this world the more we use fossil fuels. Oil is used in.medicatipn preparation. Many specialized minimal uses. That's what it needs to be saved for. Creating synthetic oil is too costly to be competitive and not as useful either.
why should we save it for them if it isn't gonna last anyway? Nuclear baby, let's go!!!

You can't even acknowledge that fossil fuels have been given subsidies for over 100 years. Yet you want to deny the fledgling renewables energy platform a good startup. I think discussion board s useless you have all the answers you want. Right or wrong you keep saying them over and over. Obviously trying to convince yourself it's true.
Stann, you are making things up. What subsidies are you talking about.

Wind Turbines and Solar Panels are not new energy platforms. You a 100% wrong with that statement.

Wind and Solar need subsidies because they do not produce enough electricity to make a profit.

why should we save it for them if it isn't gonna last anyway? Nuclear baby, let's go!!!
Nuclear will help keep some in reserve for specialized ( unique ) uses. You don't seem to understand they have unique properties. But should never have been used to this extent frivolously.

Stann, you are making things up. What subsidies are you talking about.

Wind Turbines and Solar Panels are not new energy platforms. You a 100% wrong with that statement.

Wind and Solar need subsidies because they do not produce enough electricity to make a profit.
Missed my post on he last page, or have to ignore it/this?

First [Stann], if you'll notice on the last Page (now 2 ago), Elektra tried to Bully/Bury you with 2 responses (once 3!) for every one of yours. One of his Often used Abusive tactics. (in lieu of facts).
ie, He Triple posted me because he was stingingly refuted 2 pages ago.
This/now the last page he has some help/allies so is down to one.. almost.

As to the topic at hand a quick overview from the Top of a Google query:

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab
The government subsidizes oil and gas in a variety of ways, including:

• Tax breaks
    The tax code includes provisions that provide direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, such as tax breaks on exploration for oil and intangible drilling costs. The percentage depletion tax break allows independent producers to recover development costs.
  • Discounted leasing
    The government provides discounted leasing costs for federal lands used for fossil fuel extraction.
  • Public assistance
    The government provides public assistance to low-income households to help with heating costs, such as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimates that global Fossil fuel Subsidies reached $1 Trillion in 2022, with the United States being a major contributor. Economists generally agree that these subsidies offer little benefit, such as lower prices at the pump, or increased energy security.""""

- - - - - -
`

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. It's amazing the things the demofks can't understand.
People don't think about the process, how it is made. To make one pound of solar panel if takes 10 lbs of fossil fuels (I am guessing, it could be much more.)

A solar assembly facility does not make the components.

1727470025264.png

Nuclear will help keep some in reserve for specialized ( unique ) uses. You don't seem to understand they have unique properties. But should never have been used to this extent frivolously.
Nuclear is not frivolous, not even close. Last year and this year, Nuclear power provided the largest increase in our electricity supply

First [Stann], if you'll notice on the last Page (now 2 ago), Elektra tried to Bully/Bury you with 2 responses (once 3!) for every one of yours. One of his Often used Abusive tactics. (in lieu of facts).

AI Overview

• Tax breaks
    The tax code includes provisions that provide direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, such as tax breaks on exploration for oil and intangible drilling costs. The percentage depletion tax break allows independent producers to recover development costs.
  • Discounted leasing
    The government provides discounted leasing costs for federal lands used for fossil fuel extraction.
  • Public assistance
    The government provides public assistance to low-income households to help with heating costs, such as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimates that global Fossil fuel Subsidies reached $1 Trillion in 2022, with the United States being a major contributor. Economists generally agree that these subsidies offer little benefit, such as lower prices at the pump, or increased energy security.""""

- - - - - -
`
You claimed your link was my link. Pretty stupid abu

You ran from my challenge Abu

Poor stann, opening his trap without a clue, but don't worry, your boyfriend Abu is here to save you

Nuclear is not frivolous, not even close. Last year and this year, Nuclear power provided the largest increase in our electricity supply
Do you have a source for that?

Do you mean in the US or globally?

I could find no sources that back up what you're saying.

1727470277623.png

1727470307772.png

1727470326930.png

I didn't say anything like that. I was referring to the continued practice of using fossil fuels as we have in the past is frivolous. You might stead it. As usual or intentionally.

AI Overview

• Tax breaks
  • Discounted leasing
  • Public assistance
Yes, as I said, no subsidies are given to oil and gas, fossil fuels.

A tax deduction is not a subsidy.

Discounted leasing is propaganda, no such thing, nobody is willing to pay more. We could argue the federal government has no business being a real estate holding corporation. The land should belong to the people

Public assistance to low income is now a subsidy to the fossil fuel industry?

Abu must be a good sheep, and follow the narrative dictated to the sheeple.

I didn't say anything like that. I was referring to the continued practice of using fossil fuels as we have in the past is frivolous. You might stead it. As usual or intentionally.
Oh, thanks for clarifying

Using fossil fuels to produce solar and wind, green energy is frivolous.

One reason is the short usable lifespan of solar and wind projects. We waste fossil fuels when we produce products that are only useful a few years

You claimed your link was my link. Pretty stupid abu

You ran from my challenge Abu

Poor stann, opening his trap without a clue, but don't worry, your boyfriend Abu is here to save you
LIE/LIAR.
In fact I loved your link and took part of it's true intent. I could hardly believe it.
So good it's true gist is excerpted in my new Sig.
Get used to seeing the truth daily.
Thanks. (and stop lying)
`

Oh, thanks for clarifying

Using fossil fuels to produce solar and wind, green energy is frivolous.

One reason is the short usable lifespan of solar and wind projects. We waste fossil fuels when we produce products that are only useful a few years
Asshole

Forum List

Back