10 Myths about atheists debunked

I've heard christians say good people get a chance to accept god in the end. If so at that point I'll accept god. But that's probably wishful thinking but hey, if it makes the end easier why not. Who's it hurting? But spoiler alert its all in your head.

Well naturally-----as are everything an atheist believes.

You can say that about any human...........

I've heard christians say good people get a chance to accept god in the end. If so at that point I'll accept god. But that's probably wishful thinking but hey, if it makes the end easier why not. Who's it hurting? But spoiler alert its all in your head.

Theists say it happened magically.

Which is my point-------everyone chooses their own drama. Is anyone's better than someone elses ??

Theists say it happened magically.

no---they say it happened miraculously. How do atheists explain it ?

Do you understand that the Bible is comprised of two separate parts ? Christians believe that the old testament is primarily important because its prophesy that tells of the coming of Jesus. They don't believe that the Bible approves of murder, slavery etc. because everything that is claimed to have been said by Jesus condemns hated and evil towards mankind.

I've missed so much. I read it but it's hard to jump in at this point. lol. Anyways the new testament lays out how christians are supposed to live in today's age. I think all the laws represented in the New Testament are good. In the Old Testament god had a much greater role with his chosen people and therefore made calls himself. He knew whose lives were valuable and whose weren't. As god he could make the call.

Also as a believer in god I will say that if you feel you would never want to believe in god and can't imagine a life with a benevolent god after death then he is doing you a favor by letting you not be a part of it.

There are the Christians that constantly yell you're going to burn in hell as a fear tactic. Those numbers have drastically dwindled and I've never had someone tell me that. Antitheists among atheists is much more common. As an antitheist you are a negative person against the majority of the world. My statement still holds true despite your arguments.

Antitheist are usually focused on Christianity, then Islam.

Not many focus on Judaism, probably because it does not claim to be a universal religion.

Antitheist are usually focused on Christianity, then Islam.

Not many focus on Judaism, probably because it does not claim to be a universal religion.

They don't even know what Jews believe or don't believe. Which is the same with Christianity except they think they know.

Do you understand that the Bible is comprised of two separate parts ? Christians believe that the old testament is primarily important because its prophesy that tells of the coming of Jesus. They don't believe that the Bible approves of murder, slavery etc. because everything that is claimed to have been said by Jesus condemns hated and evil towards mankind.
The only thing that tells me is Jesus is a hypocrite.

The teachings of Jesus consistently call for peaceful coexistence. You are confused about Christianity. It would be like saying the United States is pro slavery because it once was legal here.
No but the US was pro slavery.

And I'd say 30% would still if they could.

The only thing that tells me is Jesus is a hypocrite.

He might have been but if he was he was perfect at it.

The teachings of Jesus consistently call for peaceful coexistence. You are confused about Christianity. It would be like saying the United States is pro slavery because it once was legal here.
If there was a book say like the constitution that included slavery as being good and people kept referring to the constitution as good, then this analogy would be similiar.

If there was a book say like the constitution that included slavery as being good and people kept referring to the constitution as good, then this analogy would be similiar.

Hey----I'll retract it. I'm not married to it or anything.
Jesus never condoned killing-------even babies should be allowed to live according to him.

Hey----I'll retract it. I'm not married to it or anything.
Jesus never condoned killing-------even babies should be allowed to live according to him.
Of course in a perfect world or maybe your world abortion isnt an option. But we dont all live in your world. And half of you would be hypocrites if the situation was right.

I am an atheist. I don't hurt people , nor do I advocate the destruction of others or murder innocents to reinforce my views. Theists do that. MLK was a theist , so was Gandhi. Hitler was Christian, were do you go with that?

I didn't say anything about abortion. I just said that Jesus was steadfast in his condemnation of harming people. There is no contradiction. He said the greatest thing was Love. What do athiess think the greatest thing is ?

Forum List

Back