10 year old faces life in prison

I have no sympathy for anyone that commits murder. Throw the book at the little fuck.

If the boy's intention was to take that woman out and he has no regrets, then I won't feel bad for him if he were to get life in prison. Some may think that he would be getting off easy because he would still be alive to serve such a sentence when that woman is not here anymore.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

There is no way this kid will be sentenced to life in prison, nor should he be, my God, he's 10 years old.

He should be put in juvenile detention until he's 18, then enlisted in the Army for four years. By then he will either be a good citizen or in Fort Leavanworth for good.

Incorrect.

It happens all the time.

Read the link to the interview in Time magazine I posted in link #6.

We have got to fix the US's prison-industrial complex, and the Drug War.

It is IMHO the single-biggest hindrance to contemporary American social progress. :thup:

There is no way this kid will be sentenced to life in prison, nor should he be, my God, he's 10 years old.

He should be put in juvenile detention until he's 18, then enlisted in the Army for four years. By then he will either be a good citizen or in Fort Leavanworth for good.

Incorrect.

It happens all the time.

It is IMHO the single-biggest hindrance to contemporary American social progress. :thup:

I'm not a Time subscriber - so I can't read the article ATM, but I don't believe I'm incorrect. I doubt that there are many, if any, 10 year olds in prison.

Incorrect.

It happens all the time.

I'm not a Time subscriber - so I can't read the article ATM, but I don't believe I'm incorrect. I doubt that there are many, if any, 10 year olds in prison.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's exactly why you need to read the article and familiarize yourself with the Equal Justice Initiative, sport.

Incorrect.

It happens all the time.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's exactly why you need to read the article and familiarize yourself with the Equal Justice Initiative, sport.

I just did some quick research and from their own website

Children in Prison Equal Justice Initiative

Children as young as 13 years old have been tried as adults and sentenced to die in prison,

Even they don't claim 10 year olds are being sentenced to life in prison

and from the OP's link

At least two dozen states have statutory exemptions requiring all homicide cases to begin in adult court, but almost all of them include age thresholds (typically between 13 and 15) on criminal prosecution. Only in three states—Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin—can a ten-year old be tried as an adult.

Back to my statement. I seriously doubt many ten year olds are being sentenced to life in prison, and it's unlikely this one will be either.

A ten year old commits an adult crime, the punishment should fit that crime. Juvy till 18 doesn't fit beating a 90 year old woman to death.

I agree with boe, the kid needs mental help.

I believe the earliest they said he could get released is at twenty-one.

I believe the earliest they said he could get released is at twenty-one.

I could live with that, NOT with life in prison, which while a possibility is unlikely.
Now, if you're asking if I even think it should be possible, I would say no the three states which allow a 10 year old to be tried as adults should change their laws.

A ten year old commits an adult crime, the punishment should fit that crime. Juvy till 18 doesn't fit beating a 90 year old woman to death.

So a 10-year-old kid's being repeatedly and systematically molested by a stepparent or guardian, and in a moment of blind rage, he subdues his attacker and kills him/ her.

Mitigating factors in the "crime" notwithstanding, give the kid the frick'n Chair, eh?

So a 10-year-old kid's being repeatedly and systematically molested by a stepparent or guardian, and in a moment of blind rage, he subdues his attacker and kills him/ her.

Mitigating factors in the "crime" notwithstanding, give the kid the frick'n Chair, eh?

I believe Zoom said the child needed mental help, which would indicate diminished mental capacity which would preclude jail time.

Try reading what I actually wrote ... eight yrs in juvy doesn't fit the crime, mitigating factors or not. I didn't say anything about the death penalty. Projection. I also stated that he needs mental help.

If he killed someone who was attacking him, that's self defense. Was the 90 yr old woman attacking him? No. Why'd you put crime in quotes? He killed her, he committed a crime not a "crime".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back