100,000 leave unions ???

GOOD.

No one is worth anything more than what their labor is worth to the free market, period. Your worth is ONLY what you can bring to the table.
If that's 2 bucks and hour, then that's what you're worth. Get over it.

You are aware, I hope, that people will begin to bring weapons to that table and take back with guns what has been stolen from them by people with pens.

That is, and always has been, an option.

I am not saying this actually happened. But this story is pretty interesting.....

I'd be curious to watch and see how this plays out.

100,000 Government Workers Choose Freedom from Unions in Wisconsin - Matt Batzel - Page 1

Less than 3 years after Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signed his collective bargaining reforms (Act 10), more than 100,000 union members have left Big Labor.

Later the article says....

In May 2012, The Wall Street Journal reported that American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) had lost 34,073 and at least 2,455 have left since then. American Federation of Teachers- Wisconsin (AFT-Wisconsin) told the Wisconsin State Journal that they had lost about 5,250 members, while the UW-Madison Teaching Assistants’ Association lost 1,350 members. Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC) lost around 50,000 members prior to this latest round of voting. Even the Wisconsin Professional Police Association lost 1,700 members. In total, the public reports indicate Wisconsin unions have now lost more than 100,000 members since Act 10 became law.

Do we know what percentage that is of the total ?

I got this from a blog, that references the Milwaukee newspaper.

The Wisconsin Education Association Council, the state’s largest teachers union, lost about half of its 98,000 members since Act 10 became law in 2011, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees District Council 48 lost nearly two-thirds of its approximately 9,000 members, the news report said. As a result the union is now more than $650,000 in debt.

AFSCME District Council 40, another branch of the same union, has lost 36 percent of its membership, the news report said.

The Wisconsin State Employees Union has lost more than half of its members, dropping from roughly 22,000 to somewhere between 9,000 and 10,000 members, according to the newspaper.

Thousands of employees are quitting public sector unions in Wisconsin - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation, Inc.

The hater dupes are SO happy to give away the farm to the greedy rich....Now the government has to protect the rights of workers- so here comes the commie hysteria lol...

The hater dupes are SO happy to give away the farm to the greedy rich....Now the government has to protect the rights of workers- so here comes the commie hysteria lol...

I am sure you membership in the moron union is presevered.

These people dropped out on their own.

100,000 leave unions ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not saying this actually happened. But this story is pretty interesting.....

100,000 Government Workers Choose Freedom from Unions in Wisconsin - Matt Batzel - Page 1

Less than 3 years after Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signed his collective bargaining reforms (Act 10), more than 100,000 union members have left Big Labor.

Not sure if the above story is true or not, however I am not a big fan of unions, not by a long shot. I believe that anyone possessing the right credentials should be allowed to work where he wants without being forced to join any union. The Right to Work Law should apply throughout.

Sadly, Wisconsin is not a Right to Work state.

Safety is seldom if ever part of what is bargained for during contract negotiations. There are laws against sexual harassment, again you seem not to know the function of unions. What the unions would have to do in your situation is defend the idiot cousin.

In that situation, the idiot cousin is management, no, no, not so much.

Again, I've see co-workers fired for being gay, co-workers fired for being pregnant, and I myself was fired because I ran up too many medical bills.

We really do need unions, because frankly, bosses are human with all their human foibles.

Now, here's the thing. I agree, the OTHER extreme, where you can't fire someone because the union will fight you tooth and nail no matter what he's been caught doing, is also bad.

If he is not in the Union then what in the hell was your point? The woman doesn't need, nor would the Union probably get involved, in a harassment lawsuit. The Unions involvement would be to protect the woman, if in the Union, from retaliation.

There are now laws protecting Gays and women. As for you medical bills, not sure why you would have been fired but I am not sure what the Unions could have done to save you. Believe it or not people in Unions still manage to get fired. I do agree though unions do serve a function and are needed in many cases.

Companies can and do fire employees for just cause but that employee is entitled to a defense. Personally, I have defended numerous employees and the only ones who were fired deserved to be fired and frankly, the union was as glad to see them go as the employer.

One thing I haven't noticed missing in this discussion of "they'll get paid what their worth" is the older worker who has gotten old on the job, or the woman who works twice as hard but cannot lift as much as some monster guy...or any number of cases.

Life long union members don't understand that the union, albeit piggy, is the entity that kept them employed.

In May 2012, The Wall Street Journal reported that American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) had lost 34,073 and at least 2,455 have left since then. American Federation of Teachers- Wisconsin (AFT-Wisconsin) told the Wisconsin State Journal that they had lost about 5,250 members, while the UW-Madison Teaching Assistants’ Association lost 1,350 members. Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC) lost around 50,000 members prior to this latest round of voting. Even the Wisconsin Professional Police Association lost 1,700 members. In total, the public reports indicate Wisconsin unions have now lost more than 100,000 members since Act 10 became law.

The Wisconsin Education Association Council, the state’s largest teachers union, lost about half of its 98,000 members since Act 10 became law in 2011, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees District Council 48 lost nearly two-thirds of its approximately 9,000 members, the news report said. As a result the union is now more than $650,000 in debt.

AFSCME District Council 40, another branch of the same union, has lost 36 percent of its membership, the news report said.

The Wisconsin State Employees Union has lost more than half of its members, dropping from roughly 22,000 to somewhere between 9,000 and 10,000 members, according to the newspaper.

Thousands of employees are quitting public sector unions in Wisconsin - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation, Inc.

Excellent!

That must be you debating. I'm one of the five. You must be the other four.

That must be you debating. I'm one of the five. You must be the other four.

Look who the post was addressed to....moron.

fuck unions......they are becoming a non=entity in this country. Im still laughing since that Wisconsin recall decision.

This is still one of the most classic vids Ive ever seen for pure hysteria >>>

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bquhDGjnD-M]Wisconsin: Leftist Tom Barrett Supporter Whines Like a Baby After Scott Walker Wins Historic Recall - YouTube[/ame]

Oh Gawd.........talk about a perfect illustration of a progressive weenie.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

fuck unions......they are becoming a non=entity in this country. Im still laughing since that Wisconsin recall decision.

This is still one of the most classic vids Ive ever seen for pure hysteria >>>

Wisconsin: Leftist Tom Barrett Supporter Whines Like a Baby After Scott Walker Wins Historic Recall - YouTube

Oh Gawd.........talk about a perfect illustration of a progressive weenie.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY]Game Over Man, GAME OVER! - YouTube[/ame]

I've never liked contracts because there are repercussions if one leaves. Without a union contract, you are free to leave even if its when your employer needs you most. Again this is the way it should be. 2 weeks notice should be illegal;

at that rate in about another year

the union execs will be on the foodie stamps

--LOL

Forum List

Back