$100 Million Mega Mosque in Lanham, Maryland

Freedom of Relig....Freedom of Christian Religion!

Islam needs to be reclassified as it isn't a religion - alone - it is far more and it is in conflict with our constitution. You seem to have missed the input they are seeking from MB and Hamas members? Both are terrorist organizations - hello out there! Anyone home?

Yeah. We're home. I have no intention of seeing my rights washed away by your fear. Please do try to read the Constitution.

I'm not the one who remains silent on this board concerning Islamic Terrorism. You are. So much for that one, eh?

-Jeremiah

yawn............ that excuse is getting old, Noose. Next one?

Looks like I hit the nail on the head.

Not at all. It looks like you stay far away from the news. There is no primary tenet of Christianity that demands that following the Christian religion means you must behead infidels. There is no corresponding Christian crime that equates with the murder of Lee Rigby, the stabbing of the soldier in France, or the Boston Marathon bombing. Even in the Old Testament, which predates Christianity by several hundred years, there is no passage that tells the people to spread Christianity by the sword. There couldn't have been in any case. No matter how violent the Old Testament is, it has nothing to do with Christianity.

Clue one. There was no such thing as Christianity, not even the concept, until Jesus Christ was born, and mostly after He died. Christianity is exclusively the basis of the New Testament.

Freedom of Relig....Freedom of Christian Religion!

Islam needs to be reclassified as it isn't a religion - alone - it is far more and it is in conflict with our constitution. You seem to have missed the input they are seeking from MB and Hamas members? Both are terrorist organizations - hello out there! Anyone home?

Yes, we are at home. We're just not paranoids hiding under our beds like you.

Yeah. We're home. I have no intention of seeing my rights washed away by your fear. Please do try to read the Constitution.

I'm not the one who remains silent on this board concerning Islamic Terrorism. You are. So much for that one, eh?

-Jeremiah

Prove that people on this board are "remaining silent" about Islamic Terrorism.

yawn............ that excuse is getting old, Noose. Next one?

Looks like I hit the nail on the head.

Not at all. It looks like you stay far away from the news. There is no primary tenet of Christianity that demands that following the Christian religion means you must behead infidels. There is no corresponding Christian crime that equates with the murder of Lee Rigby, the stabbing of the soldier in France, or the Boston Marathon bombing. Even in the Old Testament, which predates Christianity by several hundred years, there is no passage that tells the people to spread Christianity by the sword. There couldn't have been in any case. No matter how violent the Old Testament is, it has nothing to do with Christianity.

Clue one. There was no such thing as Christianity, not even the concept, until Jesus Christ was born, and mostly after He died. Christianity is exclusively the basis of the New Testament.

Old Testament has all kinds of crazy stuff in it, it is attached to the New Testament(which has some crazy stuff also), and many Christians use things in the Old Testament, especially stuff about homosexuality,to forward their agenda, before picking at the craziness in the books of other religions look at the craziness in your own book.

-Jeremiah

I don't have to prove a thing. Some do, many do not. The ones who don't speak up because they live in fear or they don't realize the dangers. What is that to me? I will write about what I write about and you write whatever it is you write about.

Do you ever post a thread here? Or is this it?

-Jeremiah

Yes. I remain silent on it for the most part because I look at it in a reasonble fashion, not in blind panic. It is a matter of concern, not fear. You are just frightened and I have no intention of losing my rights because you can't control your fear.

-Jeremiah

I don't have to prove a thing. Some do, many do not. The ones who don't speak up because they live in fear or they don't realize the dangers. What is that to me? I will write about what I write about and you write whatever it is you write about.

You can write anything you like. That too is in the Constitution. But you are asking that the government step in to prevent the free exercise of religion. I would not stand quietly by if someone attempted to do that to you and I will not stand quietly by while you attempt to do it to someone else. In this country people are free to worship as they please. If you don't have the guts to live with that, too bad.

That raises some interesting questions. If the religion someone follows mandates murdering others not of that religion, can such murders be stopped? Should we try to stop honor killings, female genital mutilation, or beating men because their beards aren't long enough? If it is a sincerely held religious belief, doesn't the Constitution DEMAND that we permit such freedom of religion? Wouldn't it be more Constitutional to punish a woman fighting off a rapist in the name of religion?

-Jeremiah

ummm..... thats how msg boards work :eusa_eh: You make an accusation & you are expected to back it up w/ a quote or source/link. :eek:

-Jeremiah

Yes. I remain silent on it for the most part because I look at it in a reasonble fashion, not in blind panic. It is a matter of concern, not fear. You are just frightened and I have no intention of losing my rights because you can't control your fear.

I am afraid for my country but I am not in fear. I have more of a backbone to stand up to this than you ever will most likely. If your current attitude is any reflection I'm quite certain of it in fact.

-Jeremiah

That raises some interesting questions. If the religion someone follows mandates murdering others not of that religion, can such murders be stopped? Should we try to stop honor killings, female genital mutilation, or beating men because their beards aren't long enough? If it is a sincerely held religious belief, doesn't the Constitution DEMAND that we permit such freedom of religion? Wouldn't it be more Constitutional to punish a woman fighting off a rapist in the name of religion?

I wouldn't give them any ideas if I were you. Looks to me like they are warming up to Sharia right now like a warm fuzzy blanket! lol! Cannot believe it but ........

There is acceptable behavior within the society and to step outside that behavior is illegal. Like any right, the free excercise of religion is not unlimited. However, to apply the same argument I would in a 2nd amendment discussion, unless you can demonstrate that I am breaking the law it is none of your business what religion I practice. Any attempt to impose your will on that practice is unacceptable.

-Jeremiah

I am afraid for my country but I am not in fear. I have more of a backbone to stand up to this than you ever will most likely. If your current attitude is any reflection I'm quite certain of it in fact.

-Jeremiah

Then you're a fool.

Forum List

Back