110 MILLION tons/day of GHG's

"trapping enough extra heat energy = 400,000 Hiroshima bombs/day" most of which goes into the ocean

How does it "go into the ocean" when long wave IR can't even penetrate one millimeter into the water? :eusa_think:

What do you believe separates that top 1 mm from the rest of the ocean?

Probably the fact that heat rises, you know simple physics that every 6th grader knows. If heat rises (a fact) how does the heat go DOWN (your claim) into the water?

Are you kidding me? You, who claim to have a fucking PhD? THAT'S your answer? HAHAHAHAaaaaaaa,

Yes, that IS the answer. You tell us how heat descends. This should be funny as hell....

Okay, but you'll be the butt of it.

M I X I N G
The average height of waves worldwide is approximately 3 meters, 3,000 times higher than the wee layer you think sits pristine and untouched across the great oceans.
What a moron...

The heat is not absorbed by the ocean.. Water vapor (misting) which is part of the wave motion releases any heat the top 50 microns could hold.

Your "mixing" is just more bull shit from someone who doesn't have a clue..

"trapping enough extra heat energy = 400,000 Hiroshima bombs/day" most of which goes into the ocean

How does it "go into the ocean" when long wave IR can't even penetrate one millimeter into the water? :eusa_think:

Probably the fact that heat rises, you know simple physics that every 6th grader knows. If heat rises (a fact) how does the heat go DOWN (your claim) into the water?

Are you kidding me? You, who claim to have a fucking PhD? THAT'S your answer? HAHAHAHAaaaaaaa,

Yes, that IS the answer. You tell us how heat descends. This should be funny as hell....

M I X I N G
The average height of waves worldwide is approximately 3 meters, 3,000 times higher than the wee layer you think sits pristine and untouched across the great oceans.

Still doesn't negate the fact that HEAT RISES you silly person! Mix and then the heat rises up and OUT. Like I said, simple physics that somehow eludes you....

That had to leave a mark

As to the OP, yeah deniers best to keep your heads in the sand to avoid the unpleasant reality

A mark? On what? The fact that neither he, nor you, understand basic physics?

M I X I N G

Second Law of Thermodynamics never mentioned "Mixing"

Yes, that IS the answer. You tell us how heat descends. This should be funny as hell....I'm

M I X I N G

What a moron...

The heat is not absorbed by the ocean.. Water vapor (misting) which is part of the wave motion releases any heat the top 50 microns could hold.

You're a fucking idiot. See: http://curry.eas.gatech.edu/Courses/6140/ency/Chapter11/Ency_Oceans/Upper_Ocean_Mix_Processes.pdf

Mixed layer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ocean Mixing - sea, depth, oceans, temperature, salt, source, effect, salinity, Pacific

Google Scholar Citations

Google Scholar Citations

Google Scholar Citations

Google Scholar Citations

Have you ever even SEEN the fucking ocean?

PS: even that portion of the energy that is involved in evaporation - where does it go numbnuts?

Yes, that IS the answer. You tell us how heat descends. This should be funny as hell....I'm

M I X I N G

What a moron...

You're a fucking idiot. See: http://curry.eas.gatech.edu/Courses/6140/ency/Chapter11/Ency_Oceans/Upper_Ocean_Mix_Processes.pdf

Mixed layer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ocean Mixing - sea, depth, oceans, temperature, salt, source, effect, salinity, Pacific

Google Scholar Citations

Google Scholar Citations

Google Scholar Citations

Google Scholar Citations

Have you ever even SEEN the fucking ocean?

PS: even that portion of the energy that is involved in evaporation - where does it go numbnuts?

Yes, I've even sailed on the ocean. By the time the "mixing" could occur, the heat would have percolated back up to the surface and out. That's how thermodynamics works moron. Heat RISES. It doesn't magically get transported down hundreds of meters to the cold, cold depths. Learn some basic physics silly boy...

So, tell me, in summer in the Bahamas where I work, the water is isothermal to over 30 meters. How does that happen?

Cause SW light gets heavily filtered. If that's providing the warming there should be a strong thermal gradient ending at about 300 feet with zero heating. And then there's the conductive heating from air. Conductive heating goes precisely one molecule deep. How does that manage to penetrate further into the water mass? Eh? I'll be waiting here for an answer.

Last edited:
So, tell me, in summer in the Bahamas where I work, the water is isothermal to over 30 meters. How does that happen?

Cause SW light gets heavily filtered. If that's providing the warming there should be a strong thermal gradient ending at about 300 feet with zero heating. And then there's the conductive heating from air. Conductive heating goes precisely one molecule deep. How does that manage to penetrate further into the water mass? Eh? I'll be waiting here for an answer.

How deep is the water? How close to the equator? Funny, when you get away from the continental shelf the water temps are lower. I wonder why that is? Every post you make you reinforce our very low opinion of your scientific acumen.

6,000 feet deep. Latitude 26.7N. Look up the term "isothermal" before you stick your foot up your own ass again.

6,000 feet deep. Latitude 26.7N. Look up the term "isothermal" before you stick your foot up your own ass again.

Are you sure? Bahamas? How far away from the island are you talking about? you can't have both that kind of warmth and that deep near the islands. Me thinks you are a bit confused.

You sure it isn't more like 100 feet deep near the islands? Are you playing a game?

Let's make it 24.7. Then you can explain why it fucking matters.

Last edited:

Tongue of the Ocean gets close to that deep, but the Bahamas average depth is 10 meters IIRC. So, yeah it's real easy to get isothermic to 10 meters.

The thread on the ocean absorption of IR was off topic and closed, but seems to be continued here.

I think you guys were off track on the physics. This is my take on the whole thing.

Night and day the surface of the ocean is loosing around 400 Watts per square meter of thermal IR radiation (Stefan-Boltzmann law). That radiation is leaving within the top half mm of the surface.

The greenhouse gasses, (including water vapor for the most part), are continually backscattering a large percentage of that loss as IR right back to that thin top surface.

The net result is that the thin surface is not loosing as much heat by radiating IR as it would otherwise. To talk about incoming IR heating the thin ocean surface is missing the point since the ocean is radiating more there than it is receiving.

The thread on the ocean absorption of IR was off topic and closed, but seems to be continued here.

I think you guys were off track on the physics. This is my take on the whole thing.

Night and day the surface of the ocean is loosing around 400 Watts per square meter of thermal IR radiation (Stefan-Boltzmann law). That radiation is leaving within the top half mm of the surface.

The greenhouse gasses, (including water vapor for the most part), are continually backscattering a large percentage of that loss as IR right back to that thin top surface.

The net result is that the thin surface is not loosing as much heat by radiating IR as it would otherwise. To talk about incoming IR heating the thin ocean surface is missing the point since the ocean is radiating more there than it is receiving.

If what you claimed were factual the ocean would be boiling by now.

Forum List

Back