12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Please show what I have written is anywhere near what the NRA will tell it members to say because my bet is I am too liberal minded for the NRA.
Ignore the dead, ignore the mass shootings because Cain killed Abel. Ignore the dead because I want my gun (I never said I would take your gun away -- I said the right for every single citizen in this country to own guns in order to protect us from a government that goes wild and wants to put its boot on our necks is insane.

Again, show where I am spewing what the NRA said and you did say fuck the second amendment, so fuck your freedom of speech and right to vote!

Also you are too ignorant to know that even with the best damn equipment our military and even Russia military have and had a hell of a time in Afghanistan, so learn something and yes a shotgun can do wonders in a fire fight...
Especially when the vast majority of military folk are pro second amendment, And would tell the federal government to fuck off.

Three things will happen.

1) We will find out everyone in this person's life knew he was crazy.
2) We will find he was able to amass a lot of firepower with little or no trouble.
3) 2AGuy and other NRA shills will be on here spamming the thread with their gun "Facts" that are anything but.
We won't find out that Big Pharma and his doctor filled him with synthetic drugs that likely are the cause. As is the case with most mass shooters.

Great point there!

How many of these nutters are on medication that has alter their perception in life and if the person stop taking them they go full nutter?

What should be looked at is the pill pushing industry and their peddlers!

I notice that too.

Like clock work, the corporate media ALWAYS harps on the guns, but because of HIPAA laws, no one ever questions what mood altering drugs these killers are on.

Ever since the passage of the ACA, these shootings have sky rocketed by poor, uneducated, mentally unstable desperate folks, but the corporate press hasn't been telling the brain dead public anything about that.

. . . and I suspect it has to do with the drugs that the community mental health providers are putting them on.

And BIG PHARMA wants the profits and wants THAT kept quiet.

MSM is own by those pushing the pills. You can not go a show without seeing some ad for some pill, so it does not make me wonder at all...

Old Lady seem like the type that would put a kid on a pill to keep them quiet and then blame the gun when the kid goes nuts.

Yes, I am being a dick now.

Please show what I have written is anywhere near what the NRA will tell it members to say because my bet is I am too liberal minded for the NRA.
Ignore the dead, ignore the mass shootings because Cain killed Abel. Ignore the dead because I want my gun (I never said I would take your gun away -- I said the right for every single citizen in this country to own guns in order to protect us from a government that goes wild and wants to put its boot on our necks is insane.

Again, show where I am spewing what the NRA said and you did say fuck the second amendment, so fuck your freedom of speech and right to vote!

Also you are too ignorant to know that even with the best damn equipment our military and even Russia military have and had a hell of a time in Afghanistan, so learn something and yes a shotgun can do wonders in a fire fight...
Yes, Bruce, FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT!
I told you why, but by all means, keep repeating yourself.
I didn't say no one should own a gun, but it should be a privilege, not a right born to every citizen in this country regardless. Guns are not holy, imo. They are for one thing only, to kill. People should have some respect for THAT.

I shouldn't have opened this. I forgot how chillingly depressing the replies would be.
There was a time I lioved with in walking distance of this bar. I do not remember any bar being in that plaza when I lived there. while I do not have the names of the victomes I likely knew some. There is no way to end killings in total. This will never happen. I personally would rather be able to shoot back in this situation. I would like to quit naming the perp after word. Killing the right to bear arms will not stop this. I do not have solutions currently but I am thinking about it.
I'm sorry, evenflow.

I don't think we will ever end all killings, either, but we can end mass shootings, at least make them "rare" again--once a decade instead of once a week. I agree with you about notoriety for the shooter, but you had to want to know who it was and why, didn't you? Now that we know, sink him into infamy.
1% of all murders occur in mass shootings

1%

if anything else caused 1% of something anyone with a brain would say it's pretty rare and wouldn't obsess about it

MSM told her guns are bad, so she refuses to look at the actual stats about mass shootings.

She refuses to take into account America population size and that we are Fifty States and some States population are larger than most countries in the World.

She believe that making more laws will finally convince criminals that breaking them will stop killings.

What she has yet to learn is Cain and Able story tell me at least humans never learn and their lust for blood and death can never be taught out of them...
No, it's not that.

She thinks none of that is really the issue, she doesn't see the need for the 2nd Amendment. We are not having a conversation. She is comparing our nation with other nation's that don't have a 2nd Amendment. She wants our right to bear arms gone, that is what the media is telling folks, that we don't need it.

All I want her to address is these two videos, as the world authority on history has written, an armed people is a free people;

Breaking News - 12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

. .. . and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
Something has gone wrong. Is it perhaps that we have let those two things take precedence over responsibility for a safe and sane society?

Yes, Bruce, FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT!
I told you why, but by all means, keep repeating yourself.
I didn't say no one should own a gun, but it should be a privilege, not a right born to every citizen in this country regardless. Guns are not holy, imo. They are for one thing only, to kill. People should have some respect for THAT.

Most gun owners do have respect for their right, and to say they do not show your damn ignorance!

So fuck your right to vote and freedom of speech seeing you hate my right to own a gun.

Your speech can cause more deaths than me owning a damn firearm and so could your damn vote!

And it has!

There was a time I lioved with in walking distance of this bar. I do not remember any bar being in that plaza when I lived there. while I do not have the names of the victomes I likely knew some. There is no way to end killings in total. This will never happen. I personally would rather be able to shoot back in this situation. I would like to quit naming the perp after word. Killing the right to bear arms will not stop this. I do not have solutions currently but I am thinking about it.
I'm sorry, evenflow.

I don't think we will ever end all killings, either, but we can end mass shootings, at least make them "rare" again--once a decade instead of once a week. I agree with you about notoriety for the shooter, but you had to want to know who it was and why, didn't you? Now that we know, sink him into infamy.

1%

if anything else caused 1% of something anyone with a brain would say it's pretty rare and wouldn't obsess about it

MSM told her guns are bad, so she refuses to look at the actual stats about mass shootings.

She refuses to take into account America population size and that we are Fifty States and some States population are larger than most countries in the World.

She believe that making more laws will finally convince criminals that breaking them will stop killings.

What she has yet to learn is Cain and Able story tell me at least humans never learn and their lust for blood and death can never be taught out of them...
No, it's not that.

She thinks none of that is really the issue, she doesn't see the need for the 2nd Amendment. We are not having a conversation. She is comparing our nation with other nation's that don't have a 2nd Amendment. She wants our right to bear arms gone, that is what the media is telling folks, that we don't need it.

All I want her to address is these two videos, as the world authority on history has written, an armed people is a free people;

. .. . and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
Something has gone wrong. Is it perhaps that we have let those two things take precedence over responsibility for a safe and sane society?

Then I suggest you call repealing your right to free speech and right to vote...

I can prove more people die because of your vote by showing you the wars you support and hate speech by our politicians beside Trump!

I'm sorry, evenflow.

1%

No, it's not that.

Then I suggest you call repealing your right to free speech and right to vote...

I can prove more people die because of your vote by showing you the wars you support and hate speech by our politicians beside Trump!
Someone is shooting up a high school in North Carolina this morning, Bruce. When are you people gonna stop your knee jerk reactions and think this over?

I'm sure my husband would join in that watering, but what about me. Problem with CW 2.0 is the government is lost so it's a moot point :/

Yeah. I talk a lot of shit about fighting back against they tyrants just on principle alone, but you're right, we're too far gone. Our government has been lost for a long time. We're 22 trillion in debt, our dollar is worth 4 cents, the market is gonna collapse by default any year now, and given the dependence on the massive welfare state we run, when the government runs out of money to steal and when they've totally devalued the dollar to the point that they cant print any more, when the people have nothing else to lose, they'll lose it in the streets. Notwithstanding the fact that we've drifted into a true police state. I wanna be as far away from that as possible. Personally, I plan on being out of the country before they finally tank it. I'm prepared to make the move, and I will. Though, I was hoping they'd get their wall up sooner to keep the zombies and the jackboots contained.

There's too many other nice countries in the world to want to hang around this powder keg. And it's all manufactured from the top down. The more I think on it, the more I believe they want to use the media to create unrest and to go after the guns because they know they can't keep patching that bubble. It's literally the biggest bubbe in the history if mankind. There will be civil unrrest, the likes this country has never known.

I plan to be on the outside and watching the smoke rise from afar. Maybe sipping on those blue fruity things with the little pink umbrellas in em.

I partially agree, but I think you are being naive.

When the US goes, the rest of the world is going with it.

I'm sure my husband would join in that watering, but what about me. Problem with CW 2.0 is the government is lost so it's a moot point :/

Yeah. I talk a lot of shit about fighting back against they tyrants just on principle alone, but you're right, we're too far gone. Our government has been lost for a long time. We're 22 trillion in debt, our dollar is worth 4 cents, the market is gonna collapse by default any year now, and given the dependence on the massive welfare state we run, when the government runs out of money to steal and when they've totally devalued the dollar to the point that they cant print any more, when the people have nothing else to lose, they'll lose it in the streets. Notwithstanding the fact that we've drifted into a true police state. I wanna be as far away from that as possible. Personally, I plan on being out of the country before they finally tank it. I'm prepared to make the move, and I will. Though, I was hoping they'd get their wall up sooner to keep the zombies and the jackboots contained.

There's too many other nice countries in the world to want to hang around this powder keg. And it's all manufactured from the top down. The more I think on it, the more I believe they want to use the media to create unrest and to go after the guns because they know they can't keep patching that bubble. It's literally the biggest bubbe in the history if mankind. There will be civil unrrest, the likes this country has never known.

I plan to be on the outside and watching the smoke rise from afar. Maybe sipping on those blue fruity things with the little pink umbrellas in em.

Same. I sometimes dream that all us sane people who actually believe in the American Dream this nation was founded on just up and moved to some shithole nation and take it over - we can keep the communism out this time, not let it fester and destroy everything this time... Pipe dreams of people who actually care about their kids, grandkids, etc. maybe. Too many on the right think they can win over human nature (Greed, envy, etc.) but they're just fooling themselves to a sad demise. I figure there's a lot of us that'll survive the end of the US though, I mean it's going to ruin the world for a while - but that's going to open up a lot of power vacuums in other nations. It is entirely possible that if we smart survivors spread out across the world we could actually make the world a better place after the collapse by plugging those vacuums. It might actually be better in the end.

See my post above son. You're right, the world it going with the US, but we will make it through, after the left and the idiots turn on each other and kill each other for not agreeing 100%... We will survive, they will not.

1%

No, it's not that.

Someone is shooting up a high school in North Carolina this morning, Bruce. When are you people gonna stop your knee jerk reactions and think this over?

Really?

If found out the individual was not to have the guns when will you finally blame the LEO for their failure?

Never as usual!

Also if the individual is on a pill when will you blame the pill pushers?

Never as usual!

So tell me old lady how many more laws do you need to feel safe?

When will you get the Second Amendment repealed and while at it I demand your right to free speech and vote to be repealed because they are more dangerous!

So as you use those shootings go hide in a damn closet you pathetic excuse of a human!

point number 2 and 4 are the important points to me , especially point number 2 as its true that people die everyday all day long of many different causes and we do not attempt to take away their Government Granted PERMISSIONS to drive , ride motorcycles , over eat , over drink but a few thousand gun deaths per year and THEY , the ENEMY libs and 'dems' tries to reduce Americans God Given RIGHT and Constitutional RIGHT to Effective Self Defense and Gun use and ownership for other Constitutional purposes Basic .

A person that can defend themselves is the greatest threat to tyranny.

Old Lady made the damn mistake claiming she can defeat tyranny with education and her intellect but when I pointed out Trotsky stupidity by thinking he was smarter than Stalin, well noticed she went silent quickly.

Also notice when it is pointed out the guy disobeyed the laws the progressive left want us to be silent and not discuss the possible failures because if any failure then it ruins their argument that more laws will help.

As I pointed out the progressive left want to do away with our rights from owning firearms to what we say and in this thread there are great examples!
I went silent yesterday because as usual you are spouting your right wing bullshit tapes instead of listening to what I said. I don't expect anyone to agree, but if you want to talk, at least address what I said. I told you why the second amendment is a useless and counterproductive measure.

I also tried to suggest other options for getting our violence problem under control, but you have been conveniently dismissing all that because the NRA has apparently not given you sound bytes for those.

You just go on calling me stupid in as many ways as you can and then you start pulling in Stalin and Trotsky? WTF? C'mon Bruce. Put your feet on the ground and focus if you want to have a discussion.

I addressed your false perception about the uselessness of the 2nd Amendment.

Perhaps you need to revisit it? It was by the authority on world history, by that guy, Carroll Quigley, that is telling you the truth behind the corporate media conditioning you to the reason why you really want to get rid of it?

Did you watch that video? Breaking News - 12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Minute 8:00, remember? You never addressed it. Why not? That is the authority on world history, he told us, remember, crucial to a nation's liberty?

Who are you to dispute that? Some professor at Harvard now?
I tried watching it, Mr. Beale, but I listened to quite a bit of it and did not see that it was addressing the second amendment. I don't agree with how you view the world's affairs. Sorry.
Why do you want to give up your right to self defense? Have you bothered to study the history of this issue? If you had, you would know what a terrible idea this is.

Yeah. That's true. It's why it's so important to make sure one is really prepared to make the move. There's a lot to say about that. That's a little deeper discussion than that of the nature of this thread, though.

point number 2 and 4 are the important points to me , especially point number 2 as its true that people die everyday all day long of many different causes and we do not attempt to take away their Government Granted PERMISSIONS to drive , ride motorcycles , over eat , over drink but a few thousand gun deaths per year and THEY , the ENEMY libs and 'dems' tries to reduce Americans God Given RIGHT and Constitutional RIGHT to Effective Self Defense and Gun use and ownership for other Constitutional purposes Basic .

Old Lady made the damn mistake claiming she can defeat tyranny with education and her intellect but when I pointed out Trotsky stupidity by thinking he was smarter than Stalin, well noticed she went silent quickly.

Also notice when it is pointed out the guy disobeyed the laws the progressive left want us to be silent and not discuss the possible failures because if any failure then it ruins their argument that more laws will help.

As I pointed out the progressive left want to do away with our rights from owning firearms to what we say and in this thread there are great examples!
I went silent yesterday because as usual you are spouting your right wing bullshit tapes instead of listening to what I said. I don't expect anyone to agree, but if you want to talk, at least address what I said. I told you why the second amendment is a useless and counterproductive measure.

I also tried to suggest other options for getting our violence problem under control, but you have been conveniently dismissing all that because the NRA has apparently not given you sound bytes for those.

You just go on calling me stupid in as many ways as you can and then you start pulling in Stalin and Trotsky? WTF? C'mon Bruce. Put your feet on the ground and focus if you want to have a discussion.

Perhaps you need to revisit it? It was by the authority on world history, by that guy, Carroll Quigley, that is telling you the truth behind the corporate media conditioning you to the reason why you really want to get rid of it?

Did you watch that video? Breaking News - 12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Minute 8:00, remember? You never addressed it. Why not? That is the authority on world history, he told us, remember, crucial to a nation's liberty?

I tried watching it, Mr. Beale, but I listened to quite a bit of it and did not see that it was addressing the second amendment. I don't agree with how you view the world's affairs. Sorry.
Why do you want to give up your right to self defense? Have you bothered to study the history of this issue? If you had, you would know what a terrible idea this is.

She believe that she can outsmart a tyrant.

That Russia, China and many other nations never thought of that...

Notice she can not argue how her vote has cost lives along with the freedom of speech but why she really want the second amendment gone is to do what I am suggesting for her.

She fear our right to speak freely and vote but as long as society has firearms she can not oppress us.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

we can have freedom, or safety

but we're not going to have both

~S~

Opt for prison.

No one is armed, everyone gets a free meal, no one has to work, you get free health care, free shelter, and every day is gay pride day.

It's a liberal utopia.

Last edited:
11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

Prayers out to the wounded and surviving family members.

That said, OL, ma'am tens and tens of millions of us will never experience the absolutely pointless, horrible loss of life in person of a mass shooting. Period. This is how terrorism works. Terrorists use one violent event to terrify millions of other FREE people in giving up some hallowed, vital aspect of their freedom. Goddamned terrible as this act of cowardly violence is, we American free men and women must NEVER allow terrorists to frighten us out of our freedoms—out of what makes us American and free.
Thank you for at least being decent about it, nightson.

This morning I thought (and not for the first time) "My God, this is going to happen here one of these days." It is happening in the safest communities in the nation. It is happening where crime is low and guns seem to be in the hands of responsible people. One of these days, I'll be shopping or buying Xmas presents at a craft fair or eating breakfast at the local diner and a whack job (we've got them too) will walk in with his gun and start shooting all the total strangers in the place NOT because he is a terrorist but because he's got an issue and he's gonna go out in a blaze of glory.

We've done something terribly wrong in this country and we need to take a very long, deep look at what it is.
I fail to see what's funny in any of what I said, Old Yeller

Local crafts fair buying XMS gifts and "we have done something terribly wrong in this country" probably were funny yesterday morning......along with all your other posts here and elsewhere. I did nothing wrong.

How free are the victims? The killer's freedom sure didn't create a safe environment.

Yes if no one was free we'd all be safe

And if everyone is free, no one will be safe.

so down with freedom

guaranteed safety for everyone

Maybe you should run for office on that platform

Freedom and security are not mutually exclusive.

If everyone is free no one will be safe

those are your words not mine.

Read through this link, then get back to me:

SparkNotes: Lord of the Flies

Well, I appreciate your approach, gipper. I made the choice early in my life not to protect myself with a firearm and I have never changed my mind. I was not aware that a lot of other countries had ever had an automatic right to own guns emblazoned in their Constitution. In retrospect, I think THAT may have been a terrible idea. Certainly, the resistance to restricting ownership to responsible and stable people has been a terrible idea and if people don't start compromising on this, I think the threat of the 2nd going away is going to become more real.
My position on guns has always been radical and I have no hope whatsoever of ever seeing my country agree with me.

Last edited:

Well, I appreciate your approach, gipper. I made the choice early in my life not to protect myself with a firearm and I have never changed my mind. I was not aware that a lot of other countries had ever had an automatic right to own guns emblazoned in their Constitution. In retrospect, I think THAT may be been a terrible idea. Certainly, the resistance to restricting ownership to responsible and stable people has been a terrible idea and if people don't start compromising on this, I think the threat of the 2nd going away is going to become more real.
My position on guns has always been radical and I have no hope whatsoever of ever seeing my country agree with me.

Again, you just stated your position is radical, so no one will ever convince you how wrong you are!

Maybe if you stop your hate speech on all sides, giving people pills for everything, and enforce the laws you have, well just maybe shit will change, but of course you will just want gun owners to give in when the majority of us did nothing wrong!

She believe that she can outsmart a tyrant.

That Russia, China and many other nations never thought of that...

Notice she can not argue how her vote has cost lives along with the freedom of speech but why she really want the second amendment gone is to do what I am suggesting for her.

She fear our right to speak freely and vote but as long as society has firearms she can not oppress us.
I don't know who you're talking about, but it sure as hell isn't me, so all your babble is senseless.

Forum List

Back