12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

A person that can defend themselves is the greatest threat to tyranny.

Old Lady made the damn mistake claiming she can defeat tyranny with education and her intellect but when I pointed out Trotsky stupidity by thinking he was smarter than Stalin, well noticed she went silent quickly.

Also notice when it is pointed out the guy disobeyed the laws the progressive left want us to be silent and not discuss the possible failures because if any failure then it ruins their argument that more laws will help.

As I pointed out the progressive left want to do away with our rights from owning firearms to what we say and in this thread there are great examples!
I went silent yesterday because as usual you are spouting your right wing bullshit tapes instead of listening to what I said. I don't expect anyone to agree, but if you want to talk, at least address what I said. I told you why the second amendment is a useless and counterproductive measure.

I also tried to suggest other options for getting our violence problem under control, but you have been conveniently dismissing all that because the NRA has apparently not given you sound bytes for those.

You just go on calling me stupid in as many ways as you can and then you start pulling in Stalin and Trotsky? WTF? C'mon Bruce. Put your feet on the ground and focus if you want to have a discussion.

I addressed your false perception about the uselessness of the 2nd Amendment.

Perhaps you need to revisit it? It was by the authority on world history, by that guy, Carroll Quigley, that is telling you the truth behind the corporate media conditioning you to the reason why you really want to get rid of it?

Did you watch that video? Breaking News - 12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Minute 8:00, remember? You never addressed it. Why not? That is the authority on world history, he told us, remember, crucial to a nation's liberty?

Who are you to dispute that? Some professor at Harvard now?
I tried watching it, Mr. Beale, but I listened to quite a bit of it and did not see that it was addressing the second amendment. I don't agree with how you view the world's affairs. Sorry.
Why do you want to give up your right to self defense? Have you bothered to study the history of this issue? If you had, you would know what a terrible idea this is.
Well, I appreciate your approach, gipper. I made the choice early in my life not to protect myself with a firearm and I have never changed my mind. I was not aware that a lot of other countries had ever had an automatic right to own guns emblazoned in their Constitution. In retrospect, I think THAT may be been a terrible idea. Certainly, the resistance to restricting ownership to responsible and stable people has been a terrible idea and if people don't start compromising on this, I think the threat of the 2nd going away is going to become more real.
My position on guns has always been radical and I have no hope whatsoever of ever seeing my country agree with me.
Well if history can be used as our guide, I too would expect the 2A to disappear. After all, the ruling class demands it and they usually get what they want. The consequences of this, again if history is our guide, will be rather harmful to the American people. Once criminals and the government (one and the same) are the only one's armed, well we know what happens....if history is our guide.

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.
I think we need to stop spreading hate on CNN and MSNBC.
We can do that.
Laws only work on the law-abiding. Not on the lawless.
Get rid of liberal judges and liberal politicians...along with their liberal laws that make it easier for crazy people to still be on our streets.
We have to do better with our mentally ill population, that's for sure.

The authorities were at this guys house how many times? Living with mommy cause you need $55K to live alone with car in CA.

point number 2 and 4 are the important points to me , especially point number 2 as its true that people die everyday all day long of many different causes and we do not attempt to take away their Government Granted PERMISSIONS to drive , ride motorcycles , over eat , over drink but a few thousand gun deaths per year and THEY , the ENEMY libs and 'dems' tries to reduce Americans God Given RIGHT and Constitutional RIGHT to Effective Self Defense and Gun use and ownership for other Constitutional purposes Basic .

Old Lady made the damn mistake claiming she can defeat tyranny with education and her intellect but when I pointed out Trotsky stupidity by thinking he was smarter than Stalin, well noticed she went silent quickly.

Also notice when it is pointed out the guy disobeyed the laws the progressive left want us to be silent and not discuss the possible failures because if any failure then it ruins their argument that more laws will help.

As I pointed out the progressive left want to do away with our rights from owning firearms to what we say and in this thread there are great examples!
I went silent yesterday because as usual you are spouting your right wing bullshit tapes instead of listening to what I said. I don't expect anyone to agree, but if you want to talk, at least address what I said. I told you why the second amendment is a useless and counterproductive measure.

I also tried to suggest other options for getting our violence problem under control, but you have been conveniently dismissing all that because the NRA has apparently not given you sound bytes for those.

You just go on calling me stupid in as many ways as you can and then you start pulling in Stalin and Trotsky? WTF? C'mon Bruce. Put your feet on the ground and focus if you want to have a discussion.

Perhaps you need to revisit it? It was by the authority on world history, by that guy, Carroll Quigley, that is telling you the truth behind the corporate media conditioning you to the reason why you really want to get rid of it?

Did you watch that video? Breaking News - 12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Minute 8:00, remember? You never addressed it. Why not? That is the authority on world history, he told us, remember, crucial to a nation's liberty?

I tried watching it, Mr. Beale, but I listened to quite a bit of it and did not see that it was addressing the second amendment. I don't agree with how you view the world's affairs. Sorry.

I cannot compensate for your lack of attention span, it is not slick corporate media, dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. It is intellectual reasoning. If you think this is bad, try reading some of the stuff our founders wrote!

The first part of the video establishes the History and Credentials of Georgetown Professor Carroll Quigley's book, Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time, how it came to be, Gatto's research into the issue, and why folks know so little. Towards the end of the video, we get the statement about the right to bear arms and it's significance vis-a-vie liberty and a free people.

I appreciate your admission that this content is beyond your ability to grasp, and how it conflicts with the dominant paradigm you have been immersed in your whole life. The very first part of the video actually addresses that. It should concern you. The dominant paradigm is paid for by commercial advertisers because it was bought up by the oligarchs. That is how the very beginning of the video starts out, with the minutes being read into the congressional record by Congressmen Calloway, of the media being bought up by the Rockefellers. Our media is no different today. It is all owned by 6 giant entities.

This is pretty much why the controllers of society, (the folks that run DARPA) have given us things like twitter and FB, they count on folks having shortened attention spans and limited critical reasoning. (text messaging, 140 character count, etc.)

Limit the exchange of ideas, limit freedom.

Why do you want to give up your right to self defense? Have you bothered to study the history of this issue? If you had, you would know what a terrible idea this is.
Well, I appreciate your approach, gipper. I made the choice early in my life not to protect myself with a firearm and I have never changed my mind. I was not aware that a lot of other countries had ever had an automatic right to own guns emblazoned in their Constitution. In retrospect, I think THAT may be been a terrible idea. Certainly, the resistance to restricting ownership to responsible and stable people has been a terrible idea and if people don't start compromising on this, I think the threat of the 2nd going away is going to become more real.
My position on guns has always been radical and I have no hope whatsoever of ever seeing my country agree with me.

Again, you just stated your position is radical, so no one will ever convince you how wrong you are!

Maybe if you stop your hate speech on all sides, giving people pills for everything, and enforce the laws you have, well just maybe shit will change, but of course you will just want gun owners to give in when the majority of us did nothing wrong!
Quote some of my hate speech for me, Bruce. I mean real hate speech, as actually defined. My words.
Get back to me.

Let’s face it

We are a gun loving society. We value our guns more than we value our children. Putting up with mass slaughters is the price we pay for our second amendment freedoms

Or maybe some of realize that if they gave up their guns it wouldn't make one whit of a difference in how many kids are killed

and FYI the people killed in CA were not kids they were adults

They were kids just starting their lives
They were adults because children are not allowed to drink in bars

belevie it or not, they allowed underage with black X stamped on back of hand.

There was a time I lioved with in walking distance of this bar. I do not remember any bar being in that plaza when I lived there. while I do not have the names of the victomes I likely knew some. There is no way to end killings in total. This will never happen. I personally would rather be able to shoot back in this situation. I would like to quit naming the perp after word. Killing the right to bear arms will not stop this. I do not have solutions currently but I am thinking about it.
I'm sorry, evenflow.

I don't think we will ever end all killings, either, but we can end mass shootings, at least make them "rare" again--once a decade instead of once a week. I agree with you about notoriety for the shooter, but you had to want to know who it was and why, didn't you? Now that we know, sink him into infamy.
1% of all murders occur in mass shootings

1%

if anything else caused 1% of something anyone with a brain would say it's pretty rare and wouldn't obsess about it

MSM told her guns are bad, so she refuses to look at the actual stats about mass shootings.

She refuses to take into account America population size and that we are Fifty States and some States population are larger than most countries in the World.

She believe that making more laws will finally convince criminals that breaking them will stop killings.

What she has yet to learn is Cain and Able story tell me at least humans never learn and their lust for blood and death can never be taught out of them...
No, it's not that.

She thinks none of that is really the issue, she doesn't see the need for the 2nd Amendment. We are not having a conversation. She is comparing our nation with other nation's that don't have a 2nd Amendment. She wants our right to bear arms gone, that is what the media is telling folks, that we don't need it.

All I want her to address is these two videos, as the world authority on history has written, an armed people is a free people;

Breaking News - 12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

. .. . and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
Something has gone wrong. Is it perhaps that we have let those two things take precedence over responsibility for a safe and sane society?

Only if you watch too much TEE VEE.

In my community? Things are just fine.

Again, you just stated your position is radical, so no one will ever convince you how wrong you are!

Maybe if you stop your hate speech on all sides, giving people pills for everything, and enforce the laws you have, well just maybe shit will change, but of course you will just want gun owners to give in when the majority of us did nothing wrong!
Quote some of my hate speech for me, Bruce. I mean real hate speech, as actually defined. My words.
Get back to me.

Your Nazi nonsense and I can point it out.

Now point where I spew the NRA narrative word for word.

You support the hateful view of Maxine Waters and Louis Farrakhan, so stop supporting those views...

Keep thinking that while the left lunatics take over...

The reality is that even if we know it's fucking unconstitutional we are not going to shoot our innocent boys in blue when the mother fuckers order them to disarm us. It will happen because this is no longer desired to be a free nation by the majority. Fucking sad, but that's the reality of it. The communists won.

Well. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time...
The tree died long ago.

The story was, that one was. I just have what I remember reading later after it happened.
She actually claimed they were all from here. Only one posted here.
I wonder if this shooter was a USMB member....we've had three members so far who've committed such acts.
I have heard this rumor passed around before, why do folks say such things?
Because they are true.....One was the Colorado Abortion Clinic shooter, another was the Holocaust Museum shooter...third one, someone else mentioned right after the synagogue shooting....

Okay, so I followed up on your info, seems you are right, one was an internet poster on a Marijuana forum, the other was a poster on Stormfront, and the last one was at Gab.

So all user communities are the same? I guess by implication, that means everyone at the Democratic Underground is guilty of mass murder, eh?
From my research, I came up with no evidence that any of them did.

Do we know from the administration that one of them did? Or is it just rumor?

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our chalong with high capacity magazines for all weaponsurch, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to w ork. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.
As you might expect from do-nothing Trump, he sends "thoughts & prayers," a totally ineffective response to another mass shooting. A great start would be the elimination of military grade automatic assault rifles along with high capacity magazines from our society. Not only should they be banned, they should all be confiscated.

Thankfully, we now have a common sense House of Representatives that will finally address this issue and slap the Senate and President in the face over their inaction.
I certainly add my hopes to yours in that regard. But it is not the only solution. Maine just went mad Blue and in January we will finally start pumping some money into mental health services again and hopefully more early intervention programs and getting some of the mental hospitals up and running again. We have been severely short on psych crisis beds for over a decade. I personally know of people who were suicidal/homicidal waiting for days in ER beds with a police officer present to keep them guarded, waiting for a crisis bed to open in a psychiatric facility.
My guess is that Maine is not the only state with this problem. It is cheaper to throw pills in their face and send them home on the bus. We have to do better.

After GOVT pensions are paid, salary increases etc. if any extra money found for the nuthouse.

Three things will happen.

1) We will find out everyone in this person's life knew he was crazy.
2) We will find he was able to amass a lot of firepower with little or no trouble.
3) 2AGuy and other NRA shills will be on here spamming the thread with their gun "Facts" that are anything but.
We won't find out that Big Pharma and his doctor filled him with synthetic drugs that likely are the cause. As is the case with most mass shooters.

Great point there!

How many of these nutters are on medication that has alter their perception in life and if the person stop taking them they go full nutter?

What should be looked at is the pill pushing industry and their peddlers!

I notice that too.

Like clock work, the corporate media ALWAYS harps on the guns, but because of HIPAA laws, no one ever questions what mood altering drugs these killers are on.

Ever since the passage of the ACA, these shootings have sky rocketed by poor, uneducated, mentally unstable desperate folks, but the corporate press hasn't been telling the brain dead public anything about that.

. . . and I suspect it has to do with the drugs that the community mental health providers are putting them on.

And BIG PHARMA wants the profits and wants THAT kept quiet.

I mean, I know correlation is not causation, but wow, take a look at this;

The ACA passes in 2010.

All of a sudden, we have this spike in mass shootings?

We have always had guns, what we haven't always had is mass availability of psychotropic drugs to just any poor person that used to go out and get a bottle of booze when they felt pissy or blue;

Mass-Shootings-Frequency.png

I'm sorry, evenflow.

I don't think we will ever end all killings, either, but we can end mass shootings, at least make them "rare" again--once a decade instead of once a week. I agree with you about notoriety for the shooter, but you had to want to know who it was and why, didn't you? Now that we know, sink him into infamy.

1%

if anything else caused 1% of something anyone with a brain would say it's pretty rare and wouldn't obsess about it

MSM told her guns are bad, so she refuses to look at the actual stats about mass shootings.

She refuses to take into account America population size and that we are Fifty States and some States population are larger than most countries in the World.

She believe that making more laws will finally convince criminals that breaking them will stop killings.

What she has yet to learn is Cain and Able story tell me at least humans never learn and their lust for blood and death can never be taught out of them...
No, it's not that.

She thinks none of that is really the issue, she doesn't see the need for the 2nd Amendment. We are not having a conversation. She is comparing our nation with other nation's that don't have a 2nd Amendment. She wants our right to bear arms gone, that is what the media is telling folks, that we don't need it.

All I want her to address is these two videos, as the world authority on history has written, an armed people is a free people;

. .. . and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
and there is no denying, America has more free speech, and more liberty than any other nation.
Something has gone wrong. Is it perhaps that we have let those two things take precedence over responsibility for a safe and sane society?

Recently in my home town, an owner of a restaurant was murdered. The killer caused a commotion in his restaurant and the owner told him to leave. The murderer then pulled a gun and mortally wounded the owner.

Of course, the usual suspects (the local media) condemned guns. As more news came out, it turns out the murderer had a long criminal record including time in prison for armed robbery. He wasn't legally allowed to carrier a gun....Ops! Plus he was a junkie. All this is ignored in an effort to disarm the law abiding.

2) We will find he was able to amass a lot of firepower with little or no trouble.
3) 2AGuy and other NRA shills will be on here spamming the thread with their gun "Facts" that are anything but.
We won't find out that Big Pharma and his doctor filled him with synthetic drugs that likely are the cause. As is the case with most mass shooters.

Great point there!

How many of these nutters are on medication that has alter their perception in life and if the person stop taking them they go full nutter?

I notice that too.

Like clock work, the corporate media ALWAYS harps on the guns, but because of HIPAA laws, no one ever questions what mood altering drugs these killers are on.

Ever since the passage of the ACA, these shootings have sky rocketed by poor, uneducated, mentally unstable desperate folks, but the corporate press hasn't been telling the brain dead public anything about that.

. . . and I suspect it has to do with the drugs that the community mental health providers are putting them on.

The ACA passes in 2010.

We have always had guns, what we haven't always had is mass availability of psychotropic drugs to just any poor person that used to go out and get a bottle of booze when they felt pissy or blue;

Great point there!

I notice that too.

The ACA passes in 2010.

It's a win-win for the ruling class. They earn big profits off those nasty drugs all the while helping to accomplish their plan of disarming the law abiding.

Stranger things have happened.

point number 2 and 4 are the important points to me , especially point number 2 as its true that people die everyday all day long of many different causes and we do not attempt to take away their Government Granted PERMISSIONS to drive , ride motorcycles , over eat , over drink but a few thousand gun deaths per year and THEY , the ENEMY libs and 'dems' tries to reduce Americans God Given RIGHT and Constitutional RIGHT to Effective Self Defense and Gun use and ownership for other Constitutional purposes Basic .

I cannot compensate for your lack of attention span, it is not slick corporate media, dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. It is intellectual reasoning. If you think this is bad, try reading some of the stuff our founders wrote!

The first part of the video establishes the History and Credentials of Georgetown Professor Carroll Quigley's book, Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time, how it came to be, Gatto's research into the issue, and why folks know so little. Towards the end of the video, we get the statement about the right to bear arms and it's significance vis-a-vie liberty and a free people.

I appreciate your admission that this content is beyond your ability to grasp, and how it conflicts with the dominant paradigm you have been immersed in your whole life. The very first part of the video actually addresses that. It should concern you. The dominant paradigm is paid for by commercial advertisers because it was bought up by the oligarchs. That is how the very beginning of the video starts out, with the minutes being read into the congressional record by Congressmen Calloway, of the media being bought up by the Rockefellers. Our media is no different today. It is all owned by 6 giant entities.

This is pretty much why the controllers of society, (the folks that run DARPA) have given us things like twitter and FB, they count on folks having shortened attention spans and limited critical reasoning. (text messaging, 140 character count, etc.)

Limit the exchange of ideas, limit freedom.
it conflicts with the dominant paradigm you have been immersed in your whole life.
Yes. I don't have enough background in his belief system to make heads nor tails of it. I don't think it is because I grew up with text messaging and twitter. I'm a little older than that.
Not understanding your deeply conspiratorial theories is not really a failing on my part, Mr. Beale. Calling me a deficient thinker isn't going to interest me in a lot of additional exchange about it either.

I'm sorry, evenflow.

1%

No, it's not that.

Until one of these days they're not.

Get back to me.

Your Nazi nonsense and I can point it out.

Now point where I spew the NRA narrative word for word.

You support the hateful view of Maxine Waters and Louis Farrakhan, so stop supporting those views...
I'm waiting

I'm sure my husband would join in that watering, but what about me. Problem with CW 2.0 is the government is lost so it's a moot point :/

Yeah. I talk a lot of shit about fighting back against they tyrants just on principle alone, but you're right, we're too far gone. Our government has been lost for a long time. We're 22 trillion in debt, our dollar is worth 4 cents, the market is gonna collapse by default any year now, and given the dependence on the massive welfare state we run, when the government runs out of money to steal and when they've totally devalued the dollar to the point that they cant print any more, when the people have nothing else to lose, they'll lose it in the streets. Notwithstanding the fact that we've drifted into a true police state. I wanna be as far away from that as possible. Personally, I plan on being out of the country before they finally tank it. I'm prepared to make the move, and I will. Though, I was hoping they'd get their wall up sooner to keep the zombies and the jackboots contained.

There's too many other nice countries in the world to want to hang around this powder keg. And it's all manufactured from the top down. The more I think on it, the more I believe they want to use the media to create unrest and to go after the guns because they know they can't keep patching that bubble. It's literally the biggest bubbe in the history if mankind. There will be civil unrrest, the likes this country has never known.

I plan to be on the outside and watching the smoke rise from afar. Maybe sipping on those blue fruity things with the little pink umbrellas in em.

I partially agree, but I think you are being naive.

When the US goes, the rest of the world is going with it.

See my post above son. You're right, the world it going with the US, but we will make it through, after the left and the idiots turn on each other and kill each other for not agreeing 100%... We will survive, they will not.

There is no, "us and them," we are one.

We are all one human family, together we stand, or we fall.

Forum List

Back