12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

She actually claimed they were all from here. Only one posted here.
I wonder if this shooter was a USMB member....we've had three members so far who've committed such acts.
I have heard this rumor passed around before, why do folks say such things?
Because they are true.....One was the Colorado Abortion Clinic shooter, another was the Holocaust Museum shooter...third one, someone else mentioned right after the synagogue shooting....

Okay, so I followed up on your info, seems you are right, one was an internet poster on a Marijuana forum, the other was a poster on Stormfront, and the last one was at Gab.

So all user communities are the same? I guess by implication, that means everyone at the Democratic Underground is guilty of mass murder, eh?
From my research, I came up with no evidence that any of them did.

Do we know from the administration that one of them did? Or is it just rumor?

Britain has increasing gun crime as does Australia
And a firearm homicide rate a fraction of that of the US. 20 or 30 times less. You are a raving loony.
so again I ask you

why is it worse to be killed by a murderer using a gun than a murderer using a knife or a rock or his bare hands or any of a thousand other ways to be murdered?

So I'm a 5'8" 135# 45 year old woman. I can lift two gallons of milk with effort. Why should /I/ be denied the right and ability to defend myself, and my household and family, from criminals with bad intentions - possibly even intent to rape or kill me? Can any one of you anti 2nd amendment folks give me a single decent reason that /I/ should be disarmed and put at the mercy of criminals? Because I am the only kind of person that all your stupid gun laws disarm - not the criminals, not the rapists, not the murderers and mass shooters - but innocent, largely defenseless, people like me.

Of course, I'm quite sure not one of you virtue signaling shit posters have a reason, it's all a game to you idiots. What shit hole kind of life you folks want for American's when you literally take away their means and right to defend themselves from murderers? While also barking for open boarders and unlimited unvetted immigration from criminally destroyed nations. While opening the jail cell doors to let repeat criminals roam the streets. While breaking down the fucking doors of media personalities, beating people with bike locks, breaking car and store windows, and calling everyone you disagree with Nazi's. Trying to ban any alternate opinions or beliefs. Someday you fuckers will realize that you are everything you pretend to hate...

Gun owners in America outnumber any men who would be sent by the government to confiscate them 10,000 to 1.

Nobody will be taking anyone's guns. No yesterday. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not any day.

And a firearm homicide rate a fraction of that of the US. 20 or 30 times less. You are a raving loony.
so again I ask you

why is it worse to be killed by a murderer using a gun than a murderer using a knife or a rock or his bare hands or any of a thousand other ways to be murdered?
How many people would Ian David Long have murdered if he had been armed with a rock? Or his bare hands? Or a knife?
Do you think he would have killed a dozen people?
That is the biggest problem with guns. It kills the most people with the least effort. Even obtaining the weapon itself is simple in this country. And you don't even have to get close enough to get punched in the nose.

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

What will make this country safe again ?

Take away people's guns ?

What if he walks in with an IED and sets it off.....

Well, at least he didn't have a gun.

What will make this country safe ?

Please tell me what. And tell me how in the hell you think your legislator is going to make it happen.

If your answer is "remove guns"....you are clueless.
Is it easier to get an IED or a gun?
you can buy everything you need to make an IED in the supermarket

so again I ask you

How many people would Ian David Long have murdered if he had been armed with a rock? Or his bare hands? Or a knife?
That is the biggest problem with guns. It kills the most people with the least effort. Even obtaining the weapon itself is simple in this country. And you don't even have to get close enough to get punched in the nose.
here we go again you are concentrating on 1% of all murders

99 times more people are murdered outside of mass shooting events

So I'm a 5'8" 135# 45 year old woman. I can lift two gallons of milk with effort. Why should /I/ be denied the right and ability to defend myself, and my household and family, from criminals with bad intentions - possibly even intent to rape or kill me? Can any one of you anti 2nd amendment folks give me a single decent reason that /I/ should be disarmed and put at the mercy of criminals? Because I am the only kind of person that all your stupid gun laws disarm - not the criminals, not the rapists, not the murderers and mass shooters - but innocent, largely defenseless, people like me.

Of course, I'm quite sure not one of you virtue signaling shit posters have a reason, it's all a game to you idiots. What shit hole kind of life you folks want for American's when you literally take away their means and right to defend themselves from murderers? While also barking for open boarders and unlimited unvetted immigration from criminally destroyed nations. While opening the jail cell doors to let repeat criminals roam the streets. While breaking down the fucking doors of media personalities, beating people with bike locks, breaking car and store windows, and calling everyone you disagree with Nazi's. Trying to ban any alternate opinions or beliefs. Someday you fuckers will realize that you are everything you pretend to hate...

Gun owners in America outnumber any men who would be sent by the government to confiscate them 10,000 to 1.

Nobody will be taking anyone's guns. No yesterday. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not any day.

Keep thinking that while the left lunatics take over...

The reality is that even if we know it's fucking unconstitutional we are not going to shoot our innocent boys in blue when the mother fuckers order them to disarm us. It will happen because this is no longer desired to be a free nation by the majority. Fucking sad, but that's the reality of it. The communists won.

Yes... you have to focus like a laser on the murder rate, since the gun control laws in Britain do not decrease gun crime there
Gun crime in the UK is a fraction of that in the US. Remove the mote from you own eye.
and more people get stabbed to death in London than get killed in NYC by any means

People kill people
People have always killed people
People will always kill people

Now knowing this to be a fact as irrefutable as gravity why don't you want the ability to protect yourself from the single most violent animal that ever walked the earth with the best means possible, a firearm?

Last edited:
so again I ask you

Some people armed only with their bare hands and feet, a knife, a spear--a flint knife, tomahawk or rock could kill dozens in a crowd before many in the crowd became aware of the killing.

point number 2 and 4 are the important points to me , especially point number 2 as its true that people die everyday all day long of many different causes and we do not attempt to take away their Government Granted PERMISSIONS to drive , ride motorcycles , over eat , over drink but a few thousand gun deaths per year and THEY , the ENEMY libs and 'dems' tries to reduce Americans God Given RIGHT and Constitutional RIGHT to Effective Self Defense and Gun use and ownership for other Constitutional purposes Basic .

A person that can defend themselves is the greatest threat to tyranny.

Old Lady made the damn mistake claiming she can defeat tyranny with education and her intellect but when I pointed out Trotsky stupidity by thinking he was smarter than Stalin, well noticed she went silent quickly.

Also notice when it is pointed out the guy disobeyed the laws the progressive left want us to be silent and not discuss the possible failures because if any failure then it ruins their argument that more laws will help.

As I pointed out the progressive left want to do away with our rights from owning firearms to what we say and in this thread there are great examples!
I went silent yesterday because as usual you are spouting your right wing bullshit tapes instead of listening to what I said. I don't expect anyone to agree, but if you want to talk, at least address what I said. I told you why the second amendment is a useless and counterproductive measure.

I also tried to suggest other options for getting our violence problem under control, but you have been conveniently dismissing all that because the NRA has apparently not given you sound bytes for those.

You just go on calling me stupid in as many ways as you can and then you start pulling in Stalin and Trotsky? WTF? C'mon Bruce. Put your feet on the ground and focus if you want to have a discussion.

so again I ask you

Some people armed only with their bare hands and feet, a knife, a spear--a flint knife, tomahawk or rock could kill dozens in a crowd before many in the crowd became aware of the killing.
Night_son, give it a rest. You have been watching far too many movies.

Last edited:

The reality is that even if we know it's fucking unconstitutional we are not going to shoot our innocent boys in blue when the mother fuckers order them to disarm us. It will happen because this is no longer desired to be a free nation by the majority. Fucking sad, but that's the reality of it. The communists won.

Well. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time...

Well. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time...

I'm sure my husband would join in that watering, but what about me. Problem with CW 2.0 is the government is lost so it's a moot point :/

No one even cares anymore about the dead, do they?

I would go as far as desensitized ......

~S~
I shouldn't have opened this. I forgot how chillingly depressing the replies would be.
There was a time I lioved with in walking distance of this bar. I do not remember any bar being in that plaza when I lived there. while I do not have the names of the victomes I likely knew some. There is no way to end killings in total. This will never happen. I personally would rather be able to shoot back in this situation. I would like to quit naming the perp after word. Killing the right to bear arms will not stop this. I do not have solutions currently but I am thinking about it.
I'm sorry, evenflow.

I don't think we will ever end all killings, either, but we can end mass shootings, at least make them "rare" again--once a decade instead of once a week. I agree with you about notoriety for the shooter, but you had to want to know who it was and why, didn't you? Now that we know, sink him into infamy.

They shoulda armed themselves.

One of the dead was a security guard.... another was a police officer who responded. They were armed.

There are different levels of shooters. What they walked into was a Combat Marine Veteran who was at the top of his game. They were just plain outclassed. Even a Swat Team would have had real problems dealing with him. People were going to die regardless even those wearing bullet proof vests and armed with the Colt LE AR-15s. Thank what ever God or Gods you pray to that he did not have easy access to an AR-15 and 30 round mags or the body count would have topped more than 100 with his skill set.

No one even cares anymore about the dead, do they?

I would go as far as desensitized ......

~S~
I shouldn't have opened this. I forgot how chillingly depressing the replies would be.
There was a time I lioved with in walking distance of this bar. I do not remember any bar being in that plaza when I lived there. while I do not have the names of the victomes I likely knew some. There is no way to end killings in total. This will never happen. I personally would rather be able to shoot back in this situation. I would like to quit naming the perp after word. Killing the right to bear arms will not stop this. I do not have solutions currently but I am thinking about it.
I'm sorry, evenflow.

I don't think we will ever end all killings, either, but we can end mass shootings, at least make them "rare" again--once a decade instead of once a week. I agree with you about notoriety for the shooter, but you had to want to know who it was and why, didn't you? Now that we know, sink him into infamy.
1% of all murders occur in mass shootings

1%

if anything else caused 1% of something anyone with a brain would say it's pretty rare and wouldn't obsess about it

Forum List

Back