12% of drivers have no license! Can you believe that?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
That's how it is in minnesota!! Article doesn't say how many are illegals which means most of them are. We need to raise the penalty for driving without a license drastically. Maybe $5000 and some jail time.:clap2:

One in eight Minnesotans on the road don't have valid licenses | The Drive | StarTribune.com

February 5, 2014
A startling number of Minnesota drivers don't have a valid license and should not be behind the wheel.
A KARE-TV/MPR report found that approximately 1 in 8 drivers don't have driving privileges because their licenses have been suspended, revoked, canceled or disqualified. In some cases, they had no license at all. Yet they still drive.

Reporter Trisha Volpe analyzed court records between 2008 and 2013 and found that nearly 310,000 people have been convicted for driving when the law says they can't. In the Twin Cities metro area that number was 181,000 with scores of repeat offenders.
Volpe reported that motorists with invalid licenses are twice as likely as those with valid licenses to be involved in a fatal crash.

Driving without a valid driver's license doesn't carry much of a penalty. A ticket and a fine apparently isn't enough of a deterrent, says Jon Cummings of Minnesotans for Safe Driving.

What's worse, having a drivers liscense and no insurance or not having a drivers liscense with insurance?

That's how it is in minnesota!! Article doesn't say how many are illegals which means most of them are. We need to raise the penalty for driving without a license drastically. Maybe $5000 and some jail time.:clap2:

One in eight Minnesotans on the road don't have valid licenses | The Drive | StarTribune.com

February 5, 2014
A startling number of Minnesota drivers don't have a valid license and should not be behind the wheel.
A KARE-TV/MPR report found that approximately 1 in 8 drivers don't have driving privileges because their licenses have been suspended, revoked, canceled or disqualified. In some cases, they had no license at all. Yet they still drive.

Reporter Trisha Volpe analyzed court records between 2008 and 2013 and found that nearly 310,000 people have been convicted for driving when the law says they can't. In the Twin Cities metro area that number was 181,000 with scores of repeat offenders.
Volpe reported that motorists with invalid licenses are twice as likely as those with valid licenses to be involved in a fatal crash.

Driving without a valid driver's license doesn't carry much of a penalty. A ticket and a fine apparently isn't enough of a deterrent, says Jon Cummings of Minnesotans for Safe Driving.

You are probably one of the 12%.

• Banned
I wonder what percentage of those Illegal Drivers were also Illegal Aliens?

As i explained in the OP, the fact that the article doesn't say how many are illegals proves that most of them are.

• Banned
My guess would be that most either lost their license due to DUI or for being deadbeat parents

HUH?? You can lose your license for not paying child support? I can't believe that. How will you pay if lose your job?:clap2:

The last person that hit my mom, which was just last August, was driving with an expired license and when the law showed up, they let the guy leave the same with that he came into the picture: behind the wheel of his ride with an expired license. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. A week later according to our local paper, the guy was arrested for drug possession among other things. :D :D :D

Just read that in New Mexico roughly 30% of all cars on the road are uninsured.

In Maine the number is about 9%.

Just read that in New Mexico roughly 30% of all cars on the road are uninsured.

In Maine the number is about 9%.
I'm guessing one would find a correlation of uninsured driver % to poverty and unemployment stats for a given state.

February 5, 2014

Most of them here in Florida are white trash rednecks.

Forum List

Back