12 Years A Slave: Why Did I Win Best Picture?

Oh, for God's sake, who are you trying to fool? The Republican party of that time was not the same Republican party it is today: EVERYONE knows that. Everyone. You are only trying to play a game. The real irony and what really makes you a complete fool and so totally pathetic is you are trying to take credit for what the liberals and progressives of the day did and cared about, which is the complete opposite of what the Republican party of today cares about. In those days, the party of Lincoln were progressives and liberals, not what today's Republican party is, but it's complete opposite. That is what EVERYONE knows. And your ridiculous attempts to twist it into anything else are obvious in NEON lights.
The favorite liberal lie of all time. Can you prove that with anything but a op-ed piece from some liberal poly-sci professor? No. It's bullshit. The Republicans grew in the south, not by switch overs, but because of new voters.

That's just how insane the left is, the Republicans used to be the liberals and the Democrats used to be the evil conservatives. But majic happend and the magnetic poles flipped or something. If yoy have to twist facts that hard in order to support your beliefs, the facts aren't the problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQNjfhlREk]12 Years A Slave TRAILER 1 (2013) - Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

The movie is based on a true story about Solomon Northup, a free African-American man who was kidnapped and sold into slavery, and it was originally reported by The New York Times in 1853. Slavery itself was somewhat illegal and the first slaves brought to America were kidnapped by Dutch sailors. Despite its questionable legality, slavery was institutionalised because indentured servants from Britain and other parts of Europe were in short supply.

THE KIDNAPPING CASE. - Narrative of the Seizure and Recovery of Solomon Northrup. INTERESTING DISCLOSURES. - View Article - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
Are you saying that Democrats didn't oppose abolition?

You're saying Lincoln wasn't a Republican? Why did they create a Republican Party?

I enjoy it when Republicans reminisce about the time when they actually fought for the rights of the downtrodden

We still are. Democrats are still enslaving the downtrodden and the rest of us are being ridiculed for trying to prevent it.

Democrats say that working less means more freedom. From what? Freedom from success? Poverty is not freedom. It is the lack of freedom.

Democrats discourage marriage (unless it's same-sex marriage).

Democrats are busy working to increase poverty at the same time they're splurging on corporate welfare in the form of Quantitative Easing, and at the same time they're intentionally driving up the costs of everything. If this isn't a form of enslavement, I don't know what it is.

I assume that you must be intentionally making these statements to arrive at some convoluted point, but, just out of curiousity, what Democrat can you quote or validate that has publicly stated that "working less means more freedom", or has stated that they "discourage marriage unless it is gay marriage"?

Last edited:
Just a discussion on a good movie would have sufficed. But...no can do that here.

Thank you.

Problem is I've already seen "Roots".

Why, now?

I guess one movie about slavery every 40 years is enough

Dude, spare me.

It's never ending. Not just slavery but racism.

amistad.jpg
malcolm_x_ver2.jpg
the_help_poster_1.jpg

Why do they still make movies about WWII?

Ellen DeGeneres joked that the night could end in one of two ways.
“Possibility number one: 12 Years a Slave wins best picture,” DeGeneres said. “Possibility number two: You’re all racists.”
I think Hollywood really feels that Ellen's comment is true.

I also find it strange that the movie was directed by a British black man of Grenadian descent named "Steve McQueen".

Last edited:
12 Years a Slave wasn't just a picture, it was an experience and it was also a true story. I loved the actors, one was Chalky White from Boardwalk Empire, Michael K Williams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Lupita, Sarah Paulso, God knows Brad Pitt can't hurt.

12 Years a Slave wasn't just a picture, it was an experience and it was also a true story. I loved the actors, one was Chalky White from Boardwalk Empire, Michael K Williams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Lupita, Sarah Paulso, God knows Brad Pitt can't hurt.

Chalky White was an interesting character in Boardwalk Empire. That was a great show. I hope that they bring it back for another season. You're right too, 12 Years A Slave was an experience.

I don't see how anyone could feel that this was a way to use guilt over racism as a backdrop or to demonize the white population.

Brad Pitt played a good and compassionate character who helped Simon be able to go back home, which was what he stayed alive for and never gave up on. Actually the story had a happy ending.

Last edited:
Ellen DeGeneres joked that the night could end in one of two ways.
“Possibility number one: 12 Years a Slave wins best picture,” DeGeneres said. “Possibility number two: You’re all racists.”
I think Hollywood really feels that Ellen's comment is true.

I also find it strange that the movie was directed by a British black man of Grenadian descent named "Steve McQueen".

Hollywood really feels it was an Ellen DeGeneres joke.

Chalky White was an interesting character in Boardwalk Empire. That was a great show. I hope that they bring it back for another season. You're right too, 12 Years A Slave was an experience.

I don't see how anyone could feel that this was a way to use guilt over racism as a backdrop or to demonize the white population.

Brad Pitt played a good and compassionate character who helped Simon be able to go back home, which was what he stayed alive for and never gave up on. Actually the story had a happy ending.

This coming season of Boardwalk is it's last.

This is actually true. The racist democrats went back to being racist democrats. The republican party grew in the south over many years because of businesses. It had nothing whatsoever to do with racism as has been portrayed by liberals.

Oh, for God's sake, who are you trying to fool? The Republican party of that time was not the same Republican party it is today: EVERYONE knows that. Everyone. You are only trying to play a game. The real irony and what really makes you a complete fool and so totally pathetic is you are trying to take credit for what the liberals and progressives of the day did and cared about, which is the complete opposite of what the Republican party of today cares about. In those days, the party of Lincoln were progressives and liberals, not what today's Republican party is, but it's complete opposite. That is what EVERYONE knows. And your ridiculous attempts to twist it into anything else are obvious in NEON lights.
The favorite liberal lie of all time. Can you prove that with anything but a op-ed piece from some liberal poly-sci professor? No. It's bullshit. The Republicans grew in the south, not by switch overs, but because of new voters.

That's just how insane the left is, the Republicans used to be the liberals and the Democrats used to be the evil conservatives. But majic happend and the magnetic poles flipped or something. If yoy have to twist facts that hard in order to support your beliefs, the facts aren't the problem.

Forum List

Back