14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

LMAO Nope a fourteen year old learns he shouldn't bring something that looks like a fucking bomb to school.

The color of his skin has nothing to do with it. If he were white, black or yellow he would have gotten the same treatment.

Try pushing your racist bullshit somewhere else idiot.

Right! Some dumbass thinks it looks like a movie bomb (which isnt a bomb) and viola...ITS A BOMB. Get a load of this circular logic from the article:

Ahmed never claimed his device was anything but a clock, said police spokesman James McLellan. And police have no reason to think it was dangerous. But officers still didn’t believe Ahmed was giving them the whole story.

“We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb,” McLellan said. “He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation.”

Asked what broader explanation the boy could have given, the spokesman explained:

“It could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was, what was this thing built for? Do we take him into custody?”

Its a clock. What does he mean what was it built for? What are clocks built for?

Stuff it up your ass. Your another idiot who sees racists and bigots under every bush and rock.

The kid brought something that looked like a bomb to school. I'm sure you would have been pleased if had been a bomb and killed people. You would still be looking for racists.

God your an idiot.

And the arrest? The police don't have a 'zero tolerance policy'. They actually use the standard of 'probable cause'.

And a *clock* is a violation of the rules? Where is that in the code of conduct? Or is that only enforced if we're talking about a brown kid?

Right. They have a reasonable suspicion standard.

And what 'reasonasble suspicion' is there that the kid had commited any crime by making a clock? Did they even bother to check with his engineering teacher?

Of course not.

And as a demonstration of how the cops realized they fucked up.....they released the kid to his parents without any court hearing.

But hey, its Texas. Being brown is 'reasonable suspicion'.

Good Lord....read the law. Terry v. Ohio. Reasonable suspicion doesn't mean a crime happened. It means one MIGHT have happened....or one MIGHT result from the activity.

No, its a *reasonable* suspicion that a crime had occured. And there's no reasonable suspicion that a bomb had been made when there's no explosives. Or detonator. Or bomb.

But that fucking clock apparently scared those cops silly. Imagine their reaction if they run into brown people with a wrist watch!

You're absolutely 100% wrong. The standard of reasonable suspicion as set by SCOTUS Terry v. Ohio is that the circumstances presented indicate a crime MIGHT have occurred, MIGHT be occurring, or MIGHT be about to occur.

The standard is that there is a reasonable suspicion of the above. You can tell because by the Supreme Court's use of 'reasonably prudent officer':

Where a reasonably prudent officer is warranted in the circumstances of a given case in believing that his safety or that of others is endangered, he may make a reasonable search for weapons of the person believed by him to be armed and dangerous [p3] regardless of whether he has probable cause to arrest that individual for crime or the absolute certainty that the individual is armed.

Terry v. Ohio

And again...

(b) The reasonableness of any particular search and seizure must be assessed in light of the particular circumstances against the standard of whether a man of reasonable caution is warranted in believing that the action taken was appropriate. Pp. 21-22.

Terry v. Ohio

And arresting a kid for making a 'bomb' that has no explosives, no bomb, no detonoator.....no apparatus of explosives whatsoever isn't 'reasonably prudent'.

Its fucking retarded. As a clock isn't an indication of any crime. And a clock is all they had.

If this were a white Christian kid, he would have been commended for his ingenuity. A brown Muslim one is led out in hand cuffs. That's Texas for you.

Teacher is like

Teach: Hey whats that?
Kid: A Clock! I made it
Teach: *thinking* clocks are used in watches, microwaves, VCR's, bombs, computers, stop watches, phones....wait.....bomb!! Let me call the police about this bomb part that has no bomb or parts of bombs. To call it a clock would be facetious...we know what it really is, maybe.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

LMAO Nope a fourteen year old learns he shouldn't bring something that looks like a fucking bomb to school.

The color of his skin has nothing to do with it. If he were white, black or yellow he would have gotten the same treatment.

Right! Some dumbass thinks it looks like a movie bomb (which isnt a bomb) and viola...ITS A BOMB. Get a load of this circular logic from the article:

Ahmed never claimed his device was anything but a clock, said police spokesman James McLellan. And police have no reason to think it was dangerous. But officers still didn’t believe Ahmed was giving them the whole story.

“We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb,” McLellan said. “He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation.”

Asked what broader explanation the boy could have given, the spokesman explained:

“It could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was, what was this thing built for? Do we take him into custody?”

Its a clock. What does he mean what was it built for? What are clocks built for?

Stuff it up your ass. Your another idiot who sees racists and bigots under every bush and rock.

The kid brought something that looked like a bomb to school. I'm sure you would have been pleased if had been a bomb and killed people. You would still be looking for racists.

God your an idiot.

It didnt look like a bomb dummy. It looked like a movie bomb which isnt real. I know the cross breeding has messed up your vision but it says it right there.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

God your an idiot.

It didnt look like a bomb dummy. It looked like a movie bomb which isnt real. I know the cross breeding has messed up your vision but it says it right there.

You know....Hollywood directors and prop makers....make "movie bombs" to look like functional bombs. You know...for realism and all. If it were a toy gun would you say "Oh its just a MOVIE GUN"

So from what I've gathered from reading this thread, according to conservatives if you're brown and your rights and freedoms are violated you had it coming.

If that's what you gathered, then you are an idiot.
Thank God Texas hasn't mandated that teachers be armed. The pants-wetting racist teacher might've blasted this poor kid away and you'd be on here defending that too.

When shown to be full of shit, you double down with more shit. Your concession is noted.
Your willingness to surrender freedom for security is noted.

How is the freedom to defend oneself surrendering?

Your story isn't very accurate. The kid didn't take it to his teacher, the alarm wen off on it and the teacher asked to see it. In this day and age it is better to err on the side of safety, Wouldn't you agree?

Calling the police and having him arrested? If I was a cowardly rube who sees a terrorist in every brown colored young man I might agree, but since I have a functioning brain and don't give in to constant fear mongering propaganda, no, I don't agree.

If a teacher thinks a student has a suspicious package....who should the call instead of police? Oh I know....call the Navy EOD squad to come.....or better yet...send all teachers in America through EOD school so they can recognize explosives. And sensitivity training so if it's a brown person with the unknown device....they know to ignore it.

Right?

There was nothing suspicious about it. The teacher and principle are just fucking stupid. Why didn't ask the science teacher about it?

This is exactly the kind of gross ignorance I've come to expect from southerners.

Your story isn't very accurate. The kid didn't take it to his teacher, the alarm wen off on it and the teacher asked to see it. In this day and age it is better to err on the side of safety, Wouldn't you agree?

Calling the police and having him arrested? If I was a cowardly rube who sees a terrorist in every brown colored young man I might agree, but since I have a functioning brain and don't give in to constant fear mongering propaganda, no, I don't agree.

If a teacher thinks a student has a suspicious package....who should the call instead of police? Oh I know....call the Navy EOD squad to come.....or better yet...send all teachers in America through EOD school so they can recognize explosives. And sensitivity training so if it's a brown person with the unknown device....they know to ignore it.

Right?

There was nothing suspicious about it. The teacher and principle are just fucking stupid. Why didn't ask the science teacher about it?

This is exactly the kind of gross ignorance I've come to expect from southerners.

Have you seen the clock? It wasn't a bedside alarm clock.

As for asking the science teacher....how do you know they didnt? And....is he an EOD tech? Do you know how little explosives you need to make a functional explosive?

What is it?

A clock!

Are you sure?

Yes!

We have to check this out further and find out why this kid is creating clocks. Dangerous bomb clocks

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Actually, he didd both. He took it to one teacher. And then at that teacher's recommendation, kept it in his bag. Where a beep promoted another teacher to look.

And 'erroring on the side of caution' would have been to confiscate the clock. Taking the kid out in cuffs was just good ol' Texas dumbassery.

I'm not saying Texans invented being a dumbass. But no one does it better.

You morons that rail against Texas are simply jealous that our state is way better off than the shit hole you apparently live in.
Well, you are currently leading in crazies believing in a Jade Helm 15 conspiracy with the military and WalMart................oh, and currently leading in HS football player thugs attacking refs.

Please find where I have ever stated I believed Jade Helm 15 was a conspiracy between the military and Walmart. When you fail to find me saying anything like that, I expect an apology or at least an admission that you are a liar.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Thanks to progressives and the never ending Jesse Jackson led permanent victim mentality yes, it is a fact. A sad fact. You would have thought that people would have learned by now that what MLK was saying was true. Sadly the progressives have undermined his sage words at every opportunity.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Thanks to progressives and the never ending Jesse Jackson led permanent victim mentality yes, it is a fact. A sad fact. You would have thought that people would have learned by now that what MLK was saying was true. Sadly the progressives have undermined his sage words at every opportunity.

Yep, despite all the efforts to change this situation by republicans liberals just keep on beating them :rolleyes:

Right?

Show it to the science teacher? Hey dumbass....the first person to see it was the ENGINEERING teacher. Who became alarmed.

You obviously didn't read the article.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Yep, despite all the efforts to change this situation by republicans liberals just keep on beating them :rolleyes:

Hey CC....if skin color is not race....how can cops "racial profile" if all they see is skin color?

Think that's the 8th time I've asked.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

I don't see any racism in your story. Other than YOUR comments.

Dipshit

The article says Ahmed was angry and asked "why am I here" when detained.

Ahmed....it's because Muslim youths keep blowing shit up. And several have carried out Islamic inspired attacks in Texas. And ISIS is trying to recruit here and come up from the Mexico/Texas border. AND because you brought an unknown electronic device the size of a small suitcase to school....concealed in a backpack....that we discovered when it started making noises in class.

That's why Ahmed.

AND....President Obama just invited Ahmed to the White House with his "cool clock". No seriously....he did....read the link.

Family adjusting to Ahmed Mohamed's sudden fame as police announce no charges for clock deemed 'hoax bomb'

Once again I will ask, WHERE IN THE FUCK WERE THE PARENTS? I mean seriously, who lets their kid take something like that to school?

"Oh, it's okay little Mo no one will suspect foul play if your backpack is ticking , go ahead and take that into the school"

Forum List

Back