14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

LMAO Nope a fourteen year old learns he shouldn't bring something that looks like a fucking bomb to school.

The color of his skin has nothing to do with it. If he were white, black or yellow he would have gotten the same treatment.

Try pushing your racist bullshit somewhere else idiot.

Right! Some dumbass thinks it looks like a movie bomb (which isnt a bomb) and viola...ITS A BOMB. Get a load of this circular logic from the article:

Ahmed never claimed his device was anything but a clock, said police spokesman James McLellan. And police have no reason to think it was dangerous. But officers still didn’t believe Ahmed was giving them the whole story.

“We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb,” McLellan said. “He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation.”

Asked what broader explanation the boy could have given, the spokesman explained:

“It could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was, what was this thing built for? Do we take him into custody?”

Its a clock. What does he mean what was it built for? What are clocks built for?

What are pressure cookers for??

And...you never answered. If skin color isnt race...how can cops racial profile people by their skin color? YAY!!! RACIAL PROFILING IS OVER!
The kid had a pressure cooker attached to the bom....er, the clock?

Hey McConell, whats that?

A cell phone sir

You mean the kind used by....the IRA!!!!

The school needs to apologize to the kid, admit they are wrong and tell him what a great student he is

Given this is Texas, they will double down and blame the student

The school was NOT wrong.

They have to investigate stuff like this .

Jesus Christ you people are so anxious to "get" the other side that you've thrown common sense out the fucking window.

And he was suspended for what?
The school needs to apologize to the kid, admit they are wrong and tell him what a great student he is

Given this is Texas, they will double down and blame the student

The school was NOT wrong.

They have to investigate stuff like this .

Jesus Christ you people are so anxious to "get" the other side that you've thrown common sense out the fucking window.

After they investigated and saw its a clock, why'd they keep investigating?

Why did he get suspended? A guess would be for violating school policies.
Irving PD chief: Student will not be charged

Actually....Texas law says a person is guilty of "possessing a hoax bomb" if they possess a device that causes panic or a response from law enforcement. His suitcase sized device concealed in a bag that he plugged in during class...and was cautioned by the engineering teacher to not show anyone else.....caused a panic among some school staff and resulted in LE response. So....by Texas law....it was a "hoax bomb" (Nothing about race or religion in the statute). Dumb law? Maybe. Racial or religious bias? Nope. Texas law doesn't include that.

So once again....seems now that all facts are out....race and religion had nothing to do with it. Texas law did. And he was released and not charged.

And look at the "clock". It is the size of a small suitcase and he had it concealed in a backpack....then plugged it in during class where it started beeping....causing teachers to be concerned.

His engineering teacher saw it earlier and told him "better not let any other teachers see it" (this teacher should be held accountable. He could've emailed or informed other teachers of the device and told them it was harmless but he didnt. And his warning obviously shows that others may become alarmed).

You libs are pathetic.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

Your story isn't very accurate. The kid didn't take it to his teacher, the alarm wen off on it and the teacher asked to see it. In this day and age it is better to err on the side of safety, Wouldn't you agree?

Actually, he didd both. He took it to one teacher. And then at that teacher's recommendation, kept it in his bag. Where a beep promoted another teacher to look.

And 'erroring on the side of caution' would have been to confiscate the clock. Taking the kid out in cuffs was just good ol' Texas dumbassery.

I'm not saying Texans invented being a dumbass. But no one does it better.

You morons that rail against Texas are simply jealous that our state is way better off than the shit hole you apparently live in.
Well, you are currently leading in crazies believing in a Jade Helm 15 conspiracy with the military and WalMart................oh, and currently leading in HS football player thugs attacking refs.

And delicious dry rub barbeque. Lets give credit where its deserved. That shit is amazing.

I plan on stuffing my heart full of brisket next time I visit Smitty's.
Memphis bbq is better.

Your story isn't very accurate. The kid didn't take it to his teacher, the alarm wen off on it and the teacher asked to see it. In this day and age it is better to err on the side of safety, Wouldn't you agree?

Actually, he didd both. He took it to one teacher. And then at that teacher's recommendation, kept it in his bag. Where a beep promoted another teacher to look.

And 'erroring on the side of caution' would have been to confiscate the clock. Taking the kid out in cuffs was just good ol' Texas dumbassery.

You morons that rail against Texas are simply jealous that our state is way better off than the shit hole you apparently live in.
Well, you are currently leading in crazies believing in a Jade Helm 15 conspiracy with the military and WalMart................oh, and currently leading in HS football player thugs attacking refs.

And delicious dry rub barbeque. Lets give credit where its deserved. That shit is amazing.

Memphis bbq is better.

A BBQ thread would be better than this snot rag thread.

Memphis bbq is better.

True dat, even if Rendevouz is over rated.

Texas law classifies it as a "hoax bomb". Dumb law maybe. Nothing racist or religious bias about it.

President Obama

✔@POTUS

Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great.

Uh oh, republicans have just come out against clocks and time

Once again I will ask, WHERE IN THE FUCK WERE THE PARENTS? I mean seriously, who lets their kid take something like that to school?

"Oh, it's okay little Mo no one will suspect foul play if your backpack is ticking , go ahead and take that into the school"

Who's parents? The scared police and teacher or the kids? I bet its the kids...you never find fault with anyone else but kids and people generally not involved

Yeah the kid's parents. My kids NEVER leave the house without I , or my wife, checking them to make sure they are dressed appropriately and not taking something somewhere they shouldn't take it.

A ticking device in a backpack should be a redflag to ANY parent sending their child to school.

It's called good parenting. A lost art in today's world.

Whats called good parenting? Forseeing the future that someone might mistake a clock for a bomb without there being a bomb.

Um yeah dipshit, a good parent would also not let their child take a toy gun to school b/c guess what dipshit, schools have zero tolerance rules now and MUST investigate anything that even appears remotely dangerous . I don't really want my kids being suspended from school or arrested so guess what dipshit, I make sure they are taught to A) use common sense and B) don't take things to school that are against school rules, and or the law.

Dumb fuck.

Once again I will ask, WHERE IN THE FUCK WERE THE PARENTS? I mean seriously, who lets their kid take something like that to school?

"Oh, it's okay little Mo no one will suspect foul play if your backpack is ticking , go ahead and take that into the school"

Who's parents? The scared police and teacher or the kids? I bet its the kids...you never find fault with anyone else but kids and people generally not involved

Yeah the kid's parents. My kids NEVER leave the house without I , or my wife, checking them to make sure they are dressed appropriately and not taking something somewhere they shouldn't take it.

A ticking device in a backpack should be a redflag to ANY parent sending their child to school.

Whats called good parenting? Forseeing the future that someone might mistake a clock for a bomb without there being a bomb.

Um yeah dipshit, a good parent would also not let their child take a toy gun to school b/c guess what dipshit, schools have zero tolerance rules now and MUST investigate anything that even appears remotely dangerous . I don't really want my kids being suspended from school or arrested so guess what dipshit, I make sure they are taught to A) use common sense and B) don't take things to school that are against school rules, and or the law.

Dumb fuck.

Schools have zero tolerance for clocks?

Teacher: What is that?
Student: It is a clock sir, I made it myself
Teacher: Show me how it works
Student: Well, you plug it in and it tells time like this
Teacher: Interesting work, stupid me thought it might be a bomb

Last edited:

Dumb fuck.

School have zero tolerance for clocks?

Teacher: What is that?
Student: It is a clock sir, I made it myself
Teacher: Show me how it works
Student: Well, you plug it in and it tells time like this
Teacher: Interesting work

Teachers are NOT equipped to , nor asked to, make such determinations.

Child brings a toy gun into school, doesn't even matter if it's OBVIOUS that it's a toy gun. SUSPENDED.

PERIOD

Forum List

Back