14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

Actually, he didd both. He took it to one teacher. And then at that teacher's recommendation, kept it in his bag. Where a beep promoted another teacher to look.

And 'erroring on the side of caution' would have been to confiscate the clock. Taking the kid out in cuffs was just good ol' Texas dumbassery.

I'm not saying Texans invented being a dumbass. But no one does it better.

You morons that rail against Texas are simply jealous that our state is way better off than the shit hole you apparently live in.
Well, you are currently leading in crazies believing in a Jade Helm 15 conspiracy with the military and WalMart................oh, and currently leading in HS football player thugs attacking refs.

And delicious dry rub barbeque. Lets give credit where its deserved. That shit is amazing.

I plan on stuffing my heart full of brisket next time I visit Smitty's.
Memphis bbq is better.

True dat, even if Rendevouz is over rated.

I left my heart (and probably 2 years of my life on the back end) in Lockhart. The barbeque is so good you don't even mind the scent of raw crude in the air.

o.jpg

And some sweet tea with half a loaf of white bread to soak up the grease.

Sweet baby Jesus, Texas barbeque is good.

Who's parents? The scared police and teacher or the kids? I bet its the kids...you never find fault with anyone else but kids and people generally not involved

Yeah the kid's parents. My kids NEVER leave the house without I , or my wife, checking them to make sure they are dressed appropriately and not taking something somewhere they shouldn't take it.

A ticking device in a backpack should be a redflag to ANY parent sending their child to school.

It's called good parenting. A lost art in today's world.

Whats called good parenting? Forseeing the future that someone might mistake a clock for a bomb without there being a bomb.

Um yeah dipshit, a good parent would also not let their child take a toy gun to school b/c guess what dipshit, schools have zero tolerance rules now and MUST investigate anything that even appears remotely dangerous . I don't really want my kids being suspended from school or arrested so guess what dipshit, I make sure they are taught to A) use common sense and B) don't take things to school that are against school rules, and or the law.

Dumb fuck.

School have zero tolerance for clocks?

Teacher: What is that?
Student: It is a clock sir, I made it myself
Teacher: Show me how it works
Student: Well, you plug it in and it tells time like this
Teacher: Interesting work

Teachers are NOT equipped to , nor asked to, make such determinations.

Child brings a toy gun into school, doesn't even matter if it's OBVIOUS that it's a toy gun. SUSPENDED.

PERIOD

It wasn't a toy gun...it was a clock

PERIOD

Family adjusting to Ahmed Mohamed's sudden fame as police announce no charges for clock deemed 'hoax bomb'

BAHAHAHAHAHA! !!!

OBAMA just invited him to bring his "cool clock" to a White House visit! Dead cops....Obama is silent. Muslim teen brings a homemade electronic device making beeping sounds and concealed in a backpack to a school? Bring it to the White House!!
"Hoax bomb" as if he intended to fool people into thinking it was a bomb................apparently not so hard to do there.

Has anyone SEEN the "clock"? It's not a sandwich sized alarm clock. The damn thing was suitcase sized:

Family adjusting to Ahmed Mohamed's sudden fame as police announce no charges for clock deemed 'hoax bomb'

You pack that thing into a backpack....it's making noises...and when asked you insist it's just a "clock" (a suitcase sized one with electrical shit all over it)....and liberals expect us to say "Oh okay little Ahmed...carry on". But a kid has a pop tart gun....oh....panic.
Be afraid...be very afraid.

Yeah the kid's parents. My kids NEVER leave the house without I , or my wife, checking them to make sure they are dressed appropriately and not taking something somewhere they shouldn't take it.

A ticking device in a backpack should be a redflag to ANY parent sending their child to school.

Whats called good parenting? Forseeing the future that someone might mistake a clock for a bomb without there being a bomb.

Um yeah dipshit, a good parent would also not let their child take a toy gun to school b/c guess what dipshit, schools have zero tolerance rules now and MUST investigate anything that even appears remotely dangerous . I don't really want my kids being suspended from school or arrested so guess what dipshit, I make sure they are taught to A) use common sense and B) don't take things to school that are against school rules, and or the law.

Dumb fuck.

Child brings a toy gun into school, doesn't even matter if it's OBVIOUS that it's a toy gun. SUSPENDED.

PERIOD

PERIOD

Let's be honest (well, I'll be honest, you are incapable due to partisan stupidity), it was a HOMEMADE clock that had wires and shit sticking out of it and it fucking started beeping in the middle of class.

And more to the point moron, STORE BOUGHT CLOCKS can be used as timers for bombs. So that is irrelevant.

But back to your post. I would bet good money that if I looked I could find a post of yours somewhere on this board where you have celebrated a child being suspended for bringing an obviously toy gun to school. Further, my bet is that the child in question was a white middle class child, probably Christian.

Get your partisan head out of your ass for one second and realize that white,brown,black,yellow, male,female. In today's climate schools aren't taking any chances.

Who's parents? The scared police and teacher or the kids? I bet its the kids...you never find fault with anyone else but kids and people generally not involved

Dumb fuck.

PERIOD

...And investigated by the police who ask "What was a toy gun built for? Maybe a bomb?"

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

Your story isn't very accurate. The kid didn't take it to his teacher, the alarm wen off on it and the teacher asked to see it. In this day and age it is better to err on the side of safety, Wouldn't you agree?

Actually, he didd both. He took it to one teacher. And then at that teacher's recommendation, kept it in his bag. Where a beep promoted another teacher to look.

And 'erroring on the side of caution' would have been to confiscate the clock. Taking the kid out in cuffs was just good ol' Texas dumbassery.

You morons that rail against Texas are simply jealous that our state is way better off than the shit hole you apparently live in.
Well, you are currently leading in crazies believing in a Jade Helm 15 conspiracy with the military and WalMart................oh, and currently leading in HS football player thugs attacking refs.

Please find where I have ever stated I believed Jade Helm 15 was a conspiracy between the military and Walmart. When you fail to find me saying anything like that, I expect an apology or at least an admission that you are a liar.
My my...aren't you the sensitive one. I am talking about Texas is leading in crazies....but if you want to own it, go right ahead. :D

And delicious dry rub barbeque. Lets give credit where its deserved. That shit is amazing.

I plan on stuffing my heart full of brisket next time I visit Smitty's.
Memphis bbq is better.

We're just talking degrees of amazing at this point. If the South ever tried to secede against we'd fight them just to keep the barbeque.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! !!!

OBAMA just invited him to bring his "cool clock" to a White House visit! Dead cops....Obama is silent. Muslim teen brings a homemade electronic device making beeping sounds and concealed in a backpack to a school? Bring it to the White House!!
"Hoax bomb" as if he intended to fool people into thinking it was a bomb................apparently not so hard to do there.

And apparently the DA down there decided the kid had no intention of fooling anyone into thinking he had a bomb and so no charges were filed. Good call , but still the school and the police HAD to investigate in order to reach that conclusion.

What are you doing Suzie?

Cutting shapes.

With Scissors Suzie?

Yes

Just like Lorena Bobbitt *calls authorities*

The article says Ahmed was angry and asked "why am I here" when detained.

Ahmed....it's because Muslim youths keep blowing shit up. And several have carried out Islamic inspired attacks in Texas. And ISIS is trying to recruit here and come up from the Mexico/Texas border. AND because you brought an unknown electronic device the size of a small suitcase to school....concealed in a backpack....that we discovered when it started making noises in class.

That's why Ahmed.

AND....President Obama just invited Ahmed to the White House with his "cool clock". No seriously....he did....read the link.

OH DEAR! The boy was angry! An angry boy with a Muslim sounding name. An angry boy with a Muslim sounding name...............and a clock! :scared1:

Dumb fuck.

PERIOD

PERIOD

Exactly. A small circuit board, some wires....and a few LEDs. Its kinda hard to have a bomb....that doesn't a bomb or explosive apparatus of any kind.

If they kid had been white, they'd be entering his clock in a science fair rather than dragging him from school in cuffs.

The kid has become a celebrity. He has been invited to Facebook HQ and the White House. The story is showing up in international media. Stupid teacher, principal and police can't handle a smart 14 year old.

The article says Ahmed was angry and asked "why am I here" when detained.

Ahmed....it's because Muslim youths keep blowing shit up. And several have carried out Islamic inspired attacks in Texas. And ISIS is trying to recruit here and come up from the Mexico/Texas border. AND because you brought an unknown electronic device the size of a small suitcase to school....concealed in a backpack....that we discovered when it started making noises in class.

That's why Ahmed.

AND....President Obama just invited Ahmed to the White House with his "cool clock". No seriously....he did....read the link.

OH DEAR! The boy was angry! An angry boy with a Muslim sounding name. An angry boy with a Muslim sounding name...............and a clock! :scared1:

Everyone get back! He's....he's gonna tell us the time!

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

Who's to say there wouldn't have been the same reaction had the kid been white?

The school needs to apologize to the kid, admit they are wrong and tell him what a great student he is

Given this is Texas, they will double down and blame the student

The school was NOT wrong.

They have to investigate stuff like this .

Jesus Christ you people are so anxious to "get" the other side that you've thrown common sense out the fucking window.

The idiots have no common sense and if it had been a real bomb they would still be spewing their racist bullshit.

...but it wasnt. It was a clock. Not a bomb

Right. Which they confirmed....after investigating.

This device wasn't some Walmart lamp table alarm clock. The thing was in a small suitcase.
Amazing how he got something the size of a small suitcase in his backpack, isn't it?

Dumb fuck.

PERIOD

PERIOD

Exactly. A small circuit board, some wires....and a few LEDs. Its kinda hard to have a bomb....that doesn't a bomb or explosive apparatus of any kind.

If they kid had been white, they'd be entering his clock in a science fair rather than dragging him from school in cuffs.

Again, the school officials are NOT equipped to make that determination.

why can't you admit that simple fact?

Dumb fuck.

PERIOD

PERIOD

You're being silly, they would investigate and tell them its because of right wing extremists being a danger. The these same people would lose their fucking gourd if you brought up comparisons to Tim McVeigh

BAHAHAHAHAHA! !!!

And apparently the DA down there decided the kid had no intention of fooling anyone into thinking he had a bomb and so no charges were filed. Good call , but still the school and the police HAD to investigate in order to reach that conclusion.

I have no problem with an investigation. I have no problem with confiscating the clock. But dragging the kid off in cuffs when there was absolutely NO indication of a crime, let alone criminal intent?

Idiots.

And suspending the kid for 3 days for bringing a clock to school?

Double idiot.

Both the town and the school deserve the spewing mountains of bad press they've earned for themselves.

Forum List

Back