18 Animals Whose Numbers Are Plummeting Thanks To Humans

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
enhanced-buzz-wide-16618-1412067512-14.jpg

We continue to breed and expand without care for the future. At least in 3rd World countries. The problem for other nations is falling birth rates.

See the photos and read explanations @ 18 Animals Whose Numbers Are Plummeting Thanks To Humans

Dinosaurs no longer roam the earth yet the Planet still rotates. Explain that one.

Also, plunging numbers doesn't mean extinction. It could mean a return to a "Natural Balance".

And no, I'm not saying "I don't care about it" either.

There are exactly Zero Tyrannosaurus Rex's running around right now.

Is every thing still ok? Yes.

When the time comes that there are Zero Pandas the Earth will STILL rotate. The Sun will STILL shine.

Stop panicking. Stop being so easily manipulated by people who want to control you.

Wake the f*ck up.

When the time comes that there are Zero Pandas the Earth will STILL rotate. The Sun will STILL shine.

Stop panicking. Stop being so easily manipulated by people who want to control you.

Wake the f*ck up.

Wow screw you man. With enough technology we could probably survive without trees too. Your kids can read about them in school. :rolleyes:

Wake the f*ck up.

While its true that humans are killing the planet, it really doesn't make much sense to compare us to The massive asteroid impact that ended the age of dinosaurs some 66 million years ago triggered a decades-long, deadly, global "impact winter...

:eusa_snooty:

For the ones involving poaching, the best response is to make the animals legally valuable to those who live near them. If the poachers are taking money from the locals, they will have an incentive to protect them. In some cases the locals ARE the poachers, because the animals are worth more alive than dead. Some preservation methods, such as limited allowed hunting, may anger the more "bugs and bunnies" environmentalists, but controlled hunting brings hunters into the equation as fellow preservationists.

Cool story bro!

I've always doubted that a massive asteroid impact threw up enough dirt to blot out the Sun. An Asteroid THAT LARGE would have affected the rotation of the earth and sent it off into space, maybe even out of this solar system.

When I worked at the Airlines (mechanic) I had a friend whose Father worked at JPL. He said what most likely happened is that he Earth turned over on its side and caused the warm regions to get cold and vice versa. Of course the animals at that time couldn't get to the warmer regions fast enough and died out. Millions of years later the Earth returned to where it was for reasons we may never know.

Pretty simple.

Mt. Pinatubo threw out a MASSIVE amount of ash yet it still wasn't enough to blot out the Sun.

You probably believe the Moon was created by the "Double Whack" too right?

Lot's of so called "Scientists" do.

Omg Mad Scientist. There aren't enough people in the world to give you as many facepalms as what you just wrote deserves. Oh brother...

Cool story bro!

I've always doubted that a massive asteroid impact threw up enough dirt to blot out the Sun. An Asteroid THAT LARGE would have affected the rotation of the earth and sent it off into space, maybe even out of this solar system.

When I worked at the Airlines (mechanic) I had a friend whose Father worked at JPL. He said what most likely happened is that he Earth turned over on its side and caused the warm regions to get cold and vice versa. Of course the animals at that time couldn't get to the warmer regions fast enough and died out. Millions of years later the Earth returned to where it was for reasons we may never know.

Pretty simple.

Mt. Pinatubo threw out a MASSIVE amount of ash yet it still wasn't enough to blot out the Sun.

it doesn't have to blot the sun, just interfere with enough light to lower temperatures. An asteroid big enough to carve out the crater could have easily thrown up enough particulates to cause global temperature drops (add in all the smoke from the fires created and you get even more).

Ya' got me!. There's NO evidence whatsoever that the Earth as EVER tipped over. What a joke! Oh wait a minute...

Did the Earth Flip Over in the Past
Scientists have found evidence that the Earth might have flipped over in the past, completely shifting the orientation of its poles.
Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world’s distant past.

See, that would explain the die off but hey, you wouldn't be able to scare people with stories of Armageddon and extort their money to "Sabe Duh Erff" would ya'?

What bullshit right?
“The sediments we have recovered from Norway offer the first good evidence that a true polar wander event happened about 800 million years ago,” said Maloof, an assistant professor of geosciences. “If we can find good corroborating evidence from other parts of the world as well, we will have a very good idea that our planet is capable of this sort of dramatic change.
You mean, dramatic "Climate Change"? No f*ckin' way!

Oh Gawd..............

Nobody cares about this shit..............

People obsessed with this shit have far, far, far too much time on their hands.

Cool story bro!

Pretty simple.

Self

The 1991 eruption of Pinatubo produced about 5 cubic kilometers of dacitic magma and may be the second largest volcanic eruption of the century. Eruption columns reached 40 kilometers in altitude and emplaced a giant umbrella cloud in the middle to lower stratosphere that injected about 17 megatons of SO2, slightly more than twice the amount yielded by the 1982 eruption of El Chichón, Mexico. The SO2 formed sulfate aerosols that produced the largest perturbation to the stratospheric aerosol layer since the eruption of Krakatau in 1883. The aerosol cloud spread rapidly around the Earth in about 3 weeks and attained global coverage by about 1 year after the eruption. Peak local midvisible optical depths of up to 0.4 were measured in late 1992, and globally averaged values were about 0.1 to 0.15 for 2 years. The large aerosol cloud caused dramatic decreases in the amount of net radiation reaching the Earth's surface, producing a climate forcing that was two times stronger than the aerosols of El Chichón. Effects on climate were an observed surface cooling in the Northern Hemisphere of up to 0.5 to 0.6°C, equivalent to a hemispheric-wide reduction in net radiation of 4 watts per square meter and a cooling of perhaps as large as -0.4°C over large parts of the Earth in 1992-93. Climate models appear to have predicted the cooling with a reasonable degree of accuracy. The Pinatubo climate forcing was stronger than the opposite, warming effects of either the El Niño event or anthropogenic greenhouse gases in the period 1991-93. As a result of the presence of the aerosol particles, midlatitude ozone concentrations reached their lowest levels on record during 1992-93, the Southern Hemisphere "ozone hole" increased in 1992 to an unprecedented size, and ozone depletion rates were observed to be faster than ever before recorded. The atmospheric impact of the Pinatubo eruption has been profound, and it has sparked a lively interest in the role that volcanic aerosols play in climate change. This event has shown that a powerful eruption providing a 15 to 20 megaton release of SO2 into the stratosphere can produce sufficient aerosols to offset the present global warming trends and severely impact the ozone budget.

Impact winter - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In a study conducted by Curt Covey et al., it was found that an asteroid about 10 km (6.2 mi) in diameter with the explosive force of about 108 MT could send upward of about 2.5x1015 kg of 1 µm (1 micrometer) sized aerosol particles into the atmosphere.

Solar System Fluff

Within two minutes after impact, about 105 cubic kilometers of ejecta (1013 tons) is lofted to about 100 kilometers.

Now 5 cubic kilometers is a bit smaller than between 10^4 and 10^5 cubic kilometers. In other words, you are comparing a BB gun to a 14 in. naval gun.

Forum List

Back