1987 Springfield Armory M1911

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I was in one of my local pawn shops this morning and came away with this 1987 SA M1911....$350.00

DSCN4925.JPG

I called SA and they told me what year it was made and how it left the factory.....They don't do polished blue anymore.

It had different grips, sights (night sights), recoil system, and safety, but all the old parts were included (plus a new SA barrel). I switched out the recoil system for the OEM one and the grips......It shoots damn good.

It came with a SA case and a right neat holster.....They were made post-war in Austria for GIs that wanted an extra mag pouch on the holster that the GI M7 didn't have.

Last edited:
I was in one of my local pawn shops this morning and came away with this 1987 SA M1911....$350.00

View attachment 1006965

I called SA and they told me what year it was made and how it left the factory.....They don't do polished blue anymore.

It had different grips, sights (night sights), recoil system, and safety, but all the old parts were included (plus a new SA barrel). I switched out the recoil system for the OEM one and the grips......It shoots damn good.

It came with a SA case and a right neat holster.....They were made post-war in Austria for GIs that wanted an extra mag pouch on the holster that the GI M7 didn't have.
I've got one of those--not SA, mine is a Colt MK IV 1972. Got it for a song. I bought it to fit my MP holster from 1970 and discovered the holster was for a Colt 38 Super 1911, LOL the 45 is too big, back to the drawing board.

I've got one of those--not SA, mine is a Colt MK IV 1972. Got it for a song. I bought it to fit my MP holster from 1970 and discovered the holster was for a Colt 38 Super 1911, LOL the 45 is too big, back to the drawing board.
Early SAs are good pistols....I have several M1911s but I could not pass-up an early SA for $350.00. ;)

Forum List

Back