2/3 of Republicans believe voting is a privilege - Not a right

Are you not concerned about this coming back to bite the Dems when the GOP have the advantage?

Nobody can accuse Dims of being smart. They already screwed themselves with Judicial nominees. But that's what Dims do. Cheat or change the rules until it bites 'em in the ass.

Holy crap

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But holy crap.
We have voted ourselves a near totalitarian government with that right. Progs keep wailing...Democracy.....Democracy! But it is something different with the result.

I guess Democrats know more about the Constitution. :) See Section 2 - Time for the filibuster carveout to end this BS. In any case where such a right is being upended by power-hungry piglets, 50 votes shall be all that is needed.

Fifteenth Amendment

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2

The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
That does not convey a right it simply says what can not be used to prevent a voter from voting. The fact remains that a State can deny the right to vote for President by assigning that to the legislature.

Uh..that makes voting a "right" according to your definition. And BTW, the Constitution declares it a right.
And by the way again, throwing out elections and rigging votes are EXACTLY what Republicans are looking
to do with these restrictive voting measures.
Be VERY SPECIFIC and list the restrictions in any of the new laws, Link to the relevant passage of the law you claim is restrictive.

No, the legislature is not allowed to "direct them", OR choose their own slate of electors.

You deleted the paragraph from the constitution that I placed in my post.

If you read the constitution, it says right there what I am saying.

I understand that we've been doing it differently for a long time, but if you read the constitution, if will show that we've been doing it wrong.

Each state shall appoint, in such manner as the Legislature thereof may direct

End what BS? Nobody is having their right to vote taken away by any State, let alone based on their race, color or previous condition of servitude...what are you going on about?
Abridged. Our vote can't be abridged by our govt.....

And yes, the abridgement focus in many cases, are focussed and affect primarily black and brown voters as specific targets....because Republican legislatures want to secure their own party seats by picking the voter, instead of we the people voters, picking our leaders....

Republicans are trying to abridge voters right to vote, because these hourly wage workers and others of their focus, primarily vote for people in the Democratic Party....

And y'all can take that crap and put it back in to where the sun don't shine!

:meow:

abridged
[əˈbrijd]

ADJECTIVE
  1. (of a piece of writing) having been shortened.
    "an abridged text of the speech" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    shortened · cut · cut short · cut down · concise · condensed · contracted · compressed · abbreviated · reduced · decreased · diminished · shrunk · curtailed · truncated · lessened · trimmed · cropped · clipped · pruned · pared down · stripped down · bare-bones · skeleton · summarized ·

I guess Democrats know more about the Constitution. :) See Section 2 - Time for the filibuster carveout to end this BS. In any case where such a right is being upended by power-hungry piglets, 50 votes shall be all that is needed.

Fifteenth Amendment

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2

The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
They know more than you...............voting is a Privilege that wasn't intended for those who didn't contribute to society and couldn't take care of themselves hence the landowner and other clauses. Our founder never intended the town drunks/druggies and welfare hos to be given a free ride much less vote given a say equal to others who do contribute and take care to their own families and communities. They certainly never intended illegals the right to vote either. Our founders were actually quit snobbish in that they felt most people were morons and thusly should have no say. They were more than away that 1/2 the people have below average intelligence.

The nation needs 100 percent of eligible voters to vote.
No that isn't how it works...if you are moron, don't have the sense to take care of yourself, know nothing about government, or are moocher...you have shouldn't vote. The communists preaching to idiots that their opinion matters is a big problem....stupid people are easily misled and simply should not have a say in how governments are ran.

No that isn't how it works...if you are moron, don't have the sense to take care of yourself, know nothing about government, or are moocher...you have shouldn't vote. The communists preaching to idiots that their opinion matters is a big problem....stupid people are easily misled and simply should not have a say in how governments are ran.
Thanks for proving right-wingers are just parrots regarding natural rights. Absolutely no understanding of the concept.

Abridged. Our vote can't be abridged by our govt.....

And yes, the abridgement focus in many cases, are focussed and affect primarily black and brown voters as specific targets....because Republican legislatures want to secure their own party seats by picking the voter, instead of we the people voters, picking our leaders....

Republicans are trying to abridge voters right to vote, because these hourly wage workers and others of their focus, primarily vote for people in the Democratic Party....

And y'all can take that crap and put it back in to where the sun don't shine!

:meow:

abridged
[əˈbrijd]

ADJECTIVE
  1. (of a piece of writing) having been shortened.
    "an abridged text of the speech" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    shortened · cut · cut short · cut down · concise · condensed · contracted · compressed · abbreviated · reduced · decreased · diminished · shrunk · curtailed · truncated · lessened · trimmed · cropped · clipped · pruned · pared down · stripped down · bare-bones · skeleton · summarized ·
can you give me examples of this happening

Forum List

Back