2 Gay Italian Designers Slam Elton John's "Synthetic Babies"

Millions of heterosexual couples use IVF to conceive children as well. Far far more than people who are gay. D & G's insult lands on them too.
That isn't the issue. The issue was having a mother and father or grandmother/grandfather...a thing Elton John had, and presumably his husband too:

Elton John was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight on 25 March 1947, the eldest child of Stanley and only child of Sheila Eileen Dwight (née Harris),[15][16][17] and was raised in Pinner, Middlesex in a council house of his maternal grandparents. His parents did not marry until he was 6 years old, when the family moved to a nearby semi-detached house Elton John - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

& John's "husband"..

David Furnish was born in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, to Jack Furnish (retired, former director of Bristol-Myers) and Gladys Furnish (retired, homemaker). David Furnish - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is a new experiment they never lived through, that the two boys involved are undergoing with their culture's blessing...for better or worse...
You are cherry picking. Would you tell a mother and father that their child is 'synthetic' and that they're terrible people?

Good luck with an answer on that one. A child only matters to Sil if he can use it to bash gays. If not...he could give a fiddler's fuck what happens to the kid.

Millions of heterosexual couples use IVF to conceive children as well. Far far more than people who are gay. D & G's insult lands on them too.
That isn't the issue. The issue was having a mother and father or grandmother/grandfather...a thing Elton John had, and presumably his husband too:

That's not the basis of the claim of 'synthetic children'. The use of IVF was.

Either IVF kids are 'synthetic' or they aren't.

Elton John was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight on 25 March 1947, the eldest child of Stanley and only child of Sheila Eileen Dwight (née Harris),[15][16][17] and was raised in Pinner, Middlesex in a council house of his maternal grandparents. His parents did not marry until he was 6 years old, when the family moved to a nearby semi-detached house Elton John - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

& John's "husband"..

David Furnish was born in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, to Jack Furnish (retired, former director of Bristol-Myers) and Gladys Furnish (retired, homemaker). David Furnish - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is a new experiment they never lived through, that the two boys involved are undergoing with their culture's blessing...for better or worse...
You are cherry picking. Would you tell a mother and father that their child is 'synthetic' and that they're terrible people?

Good luck with an answer on that one. A child only matters to Sil if he can use it to bash gays. If not...he could give a fiddler's fuck what happens to the kid.
Sihl is a fool. I look forward to her meltdown once gay marriage is legal in all 50 states.

& John's "husband"..

Sihl is a fool. I look forward to her meltdown once gay marriage is legal in all 50 states.

Expect over the top melodramatics, babble about 'tyranny' and 'coups' and 'fascism' and 'revolution'. Followed by an epic quantity of pseudo-legal gibberish. We've had a superb opportunity to watch Sil build from scratch the lies he's going to tell himself in June.

One by one. You've got about a dozen states with legal experimental redactions to the word "marriage". 30-something left to go. June's decision may surprise you.

& John's "husband"..

Quite the opposite. I'm here questioning a brand new redaction of the word "marriage" that puts boys without a father and teaches them that females are like cattle, mere wombs to create babies from, not worthy of being loved and cherished at a mother to her offspring. I'm here questioning those that are using children as lab rats in this new experiment.

You are saying Skylar, that nobody should question this at all. That we should take these babes and chuck them in head first into the rainbow blender and "see what happens"...using them as lab rats in an experiment that your and my generation never had to live through.

Elton John and David Furnish both had a mother and a father....

Not your typical flame-war. More like a flaming-war.. But the two gay Italians have a point..THEY enjoyed having both a mother and father..
Italian designer duo slam Elton John in IVF babies row - Business Insider
Rome (AFP) - Italian designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana on Monday accused Elton John of being authoritarian, ignorant and hypocritical in a row over IVF babies, escalating a spat that has embroiled some of the world's biggest stars.

John, 67, stirred up a social media storm on Sunday when he called for a boycott of the designer label in reaction to comments in which Domenico Dolce referred to babies conceived through IVF as "synthetic"....

In a typically scathing post on Instagram, he added: "Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions. I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana."

The designers, who are also gay and were in a long-term relationship with each other until a few years ago, said it was the veteran British rocker who was being judgemental.
Dolce said his comment that IVF was not for him should not have been interpreted as disapproval of anyone else's choices.

"I'm Sicilian and I grew up in a traditional family, made up of a mother, a father and children," he said in a statement.

"This is the reality in which I grew up, but it does not imply that I don't understand different ones. I was talking about my personal view, without judging other people's choices and decisions."...

Speaking to Italian daily Corriere della Sera's web edition, Gabbana said he had expected better from a singer he once admired.

"I didn't expect this, coming from someone whom I considered, and I stress 'considered', an intelligent person like Elton John.

"I mean, you preach understanding, tolerance and then you attack others?

"Only because someone has a different opinion? Is this a democratic or enlightened way of thinking? This is ignorance, because he ignores the fact that others might have a different opinion and that theirs is as worthy of respect as his."

Elton John's (with his gay "husband"..wife?..) position, of course, is that the kids he has (that don't have a mother, that were womb-farmed out in order to exist.....gee kids, what lessons are you learning about how to regard females in general?) are perfectly legitimate and the new trend. John went further to slam the two gay Italians for insisting a real family matters. Then the spat took on a life of its own on social media.

Helpful reference links related to this debate: A Child Can t Call 2 Women or 2 Men Mom Dad US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

John and his "husband" have two toddler boys.

Discuss...

Meanwhile in actual news, California's water supply is still running out, sea levels are still rising from global warming, and Iran still wants nuclear weapons.

But please, by all means, devote time to trivum like this.

One by one. You've got about a dozen states with legal experimental redactions to the word "marriage". 30-something left to go. June's decision may surprise you.

Read Scalia's dissent of Windsor v. US if you're interested in a preview of June. Pay special attention to the words 'inevitable' and 'beyond mistaking'.

I'm here questioning a brand new redaction of the word "marriage" that puts boys without a father and teaches them that females are like cattle, mere wombs to create babies from, not worthy of being loved and cherished at a mother to her offspring. I'm here questioning those that are using children as lab rats in this new experiment.

You've already got 10 open threads on the topic. And you're losing badly in all of them. Why start number 11?

Especially one based on the ludicrous concept that IVF creates 'synthetic children'.

You are saying Skylar, that nobody should question this at all.

I'm asking you if IVF creates 'synthetic kids' as the OP asserts. And you're running from the question like it were on fire.

Keep running.

Meanwhile in actual news, California's water supply is still running out, sea levels are still rising from global warming, and Iran still wants nuclear weapons.

Two prominent gay guys coming out on behalf of mother/father marriage is not "trivial" (sic). It's pretty important stuff. Like I said, Elton John and David Furnish both had mother/father marriages in the homes they grew up in.

Two prominent gay guys coming out on behalf of mother/father marriage is not "trivial" (sic). It's pretty important stuff. Like I said, Elton John and David Furnish both had mother/father marriages in the homes they grew up in.
Except that their main point was IVF children. They have no problem with gay adoption. Look they just said so:

Gabbana insisted, “we love gay couples, we love gay adoption.” John called for a boycott following comments the duo made during a recent magazine interview in which they called children born through in vitro fertilization “synthetic.”

“I am not convinced by those I call children of chemicals, synthetic children,” Dolce said in the magazine interview. “Rented uterus, semen chosen from a catalogue … psychiatrists are not ready to confront the effects of this experimentation.”

Dolce and Gabbana follow up on controversial IVF comments EW.com

So shut up about this already Sihl.

The article I read said that they were representing that they believed in mother/father marriage. That the Italians both came from traditional mother/father families and that they believed this was the right thing.

The article I read said that they were representing that they believed in mother/father marriage. That the Italians both came from traditional mother/father families and that they believed this was the right thing.
Well that must suck for you then.
I read the story a while back, when it first started to circulate. If you read the story from a non partisan source, the gay couple hate IVF and straight people that used it to have kids - not just gay people. Rather pathetic story, so I didn't bother posting it here, and hoped it never did arrive.

Well that must suck for you then.
I read the story a while back, when it first started to circulate. If you read the story from a non partisan source, the gay couple hate IVF and straight people that used it to have kids - not just gay people. Rather pathetic story, so I didn't bother posting it here, and hoped it never did arrive.
Yup I heard about it on the radio days ago and thought it was stupid. But Sihl's ears IMMEDIATELY perk up whenever she hears something about gay dudes.

Not your typical flame-war. More like a flaming-war.. But the two gay Italians have a point..THEY enjoyed having both a mother and father..
Italian designer duo slam Elton John in IVF babies row - Business Insider
Rome (AFP) - Italian designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana on Monday accused Elton John of being authoritarian, ignorant and hypocritical in a row over IVF babies, escalating a spat that has embroiled some of the world's biggest stars.

John, 67, stirred up a social media storm on Sunday when he called for a boycott of the designer label in reaction to comments in which Domenico Dolce referred to babies conceived through IVF as "synthetic"....

In a typically scathing post on Instagram, he added: "Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions. I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana."

The designers, who are also gay and were in a long-term relationship with each other until a few years ago, said it was the veteran British rocker who was being judgemental.
Dolce said his comment that IVF was not for him should not have been interpreted as disapproval of anyone else's choices.

"I'm Sicilian and I grew up in a traditional family, made up of a mother, a father and children," he said in a statement.

"This is the reality in which I grew up, but it does not imply that I don't understand different ones. I was talking about my personal view, without judging other people's choices and decisions."...

Speaking to Italian daily Corriere della Sera's web edition, Gabbana said he had expected better from a singer he once admired.

"I didn't expect this, coming from someone whom I considered, and I stress 'considered', an intelligent person like Elton John.

"I mean, you preach understanding, tolerance and then you attack others?

"Only because someone has a different opinion? Is this a democratic or enlightened way of thinking? This is ignorance, because he ignores the fact that others might have a different opinion and that theirs is as worthy of respect as his."

Elton John's (with his gay "husband"..wife?..) position, of course, is that the kids he has (that don't have a mother, that were womb-farmed out in order to exist.....gee kids, what lessons are you learning about how to regard females in general?) are perfectly legitimate and the new trend. John went further to slam the two gay Italians for insisting a real family matters. Then the spat took on a life of its own on social media.

Helpful reference links related to this debate: A Child Can t Call 2 Women or 2 Men Mom Dad US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

John and his "husband" have two toddler boys.

Discuss...

Just shows how intolerant the left has gotten.
Elton had the right to disagree with what they said, but went too far by wanting everyone to boycott their products.

Forum List

Back