2 mid-Michigan dams breached, thousands evacuated amid flooding

You can be user it was no gawd dam accident either.

The dam was close to a century old and had its power license revoked in 2018 on the fears it couldn’t withstand a significant flood. Far too much of our river infrastructure is in a sad state of affairs while our elected officials dawdle and feather their own nests.
Well that should be interesting.
There are some companies that produce chemicals within these areas that have gone into emergency mode. Dow is one of them.

You can be user it was no gawd dam accident either.

The dam was close to a century old and had its power license revoked in 2018 on the fears it couldn’t withstand a significant flood. Far too much of our river infrastructure is in a sad state of affairs while our elected officials dawdle and feather their own nests.

Do you have a link to the power license revocation? Was there concern that vibration from the turbines was weakening the structure?

"We take this action because of Boyce Hydro Power, LLC’s longstanding failure to increase the project’s spillway capacity to safely pass flood flows, as well as its failure to comply with its license, the Commission’s regulations, and a June 15, 2017, Compliance Order."

Do you have anything on the Stanford dam?

California failed to use the money handed to them ust so they could " fix" the dams ---------- so assume assume when you fail to up keep it's going to happen and ppl do NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR LOCAL GOV. ASSHOLES!! Lazy ass American wentn to sleep a long time ago.

Well that should be interesting.
There are some companies that produce chemicals within these areas that have gone into emergency mode. Dow is one of them.

Ugh. Hopefully that doesn’t make a dreadful situation even more horrid.

They got a ton of raid due to a stalled rotating system that just kept pumping water into many watersheds in the area.

The 2nd failure appears to be a cascade failure from the first dam breaching.

I have a feeling people will be scrounging for maintenance records on these dams, especially their spillway maintenance and operation records.

Crumbling infrastructure and the failure of the Trump Administration to address the real problems in the nation while CB he pursues his political enemies.

Not one dime for infrastructure. Billions for a useless wall.

California failed to use the money handed to them ust so they could " fix" the dams ---------- so assume assume when you fail to up keep it's going to happen and ppl do NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR LOCAL GOV. ASSHOLES!! Lazy ass American wentn to sleep a long time ago.

Hey stupid. There hasn’t been any money given to states for infrastructure. And this happened in Michigan. Not California.

Stupid, ignorant and conservative is no way to go through life.

They got a ton of raid due to a stalled rotating system that just kept pumping water into many watersheds in the area.

I have a feeling people will be scrounging for maintenance records on these dams, especially their spillway maintenance and operation records.

Crumbling infrastructure and the failure of the Trump Administration to address the real problems in the nation while CB he pursues his political enemies.

Wow, talk about politicizing things.

This isn't a federal dam. It's owned by something called the "Four Lakes Task Force", a county level authority.

I am reading that the Sanford dam was rated as fair by the state of Michigan even though it’s a year earlier.

I’m trying to find that exact document using this resource, but I am not having any luck yet:

Hey stupid. There hasn’t been any money given to states for infrastructure. And this happened in Michigan. Not California.

Stupid, ignorant and conservative is no way to go through life.

"Any" money?

I am working on a project right now funded partially by federal funds, managed by a State Agency.

So where did that money come from?

These dams are federal responsibility in what way?

Don’t make any mistake. Our crumbling infrastructure is something that should be laid at the feet of the duopoly and their blind supporters. Our nation is being failed by its elevated officials, but far too many don’t give a shit so long as their party is in power.

Don’t make any mistake. Our crumbling infrastructure is something that should be laid at the feet of the duopoly and their blind supporters. Our nation is being failed by its elevated officials, but far too many don’t give a shit so long as their party is in power.

I could has sworn the governor of Michigan was a Democrat.

I don't think any "opoly" is involved. Infrastructure work is boring, and doesn't "wow" constituents like pet social projects.

They also take time and planning, something most politicians don't like because it doesn't give them immidiate boosts to their images.

Finally, the work is done by boogeymen on both sides of the political aisle, large engineering firms, i.e. greedy corporate interests, as well as union labor i.e. lazy protected workers stopping others from entering ther fields"

No shit. The two parties are failing us greatly.

I am reading that the Sanford dam was rated as fair by the state of Michigan even though it’s a year earlier.

I’m trying to find that exact document using this resource, but I am not having any luck yet:

Thanks, mdk! I did find this. It appears the dam is privately owned?
B06087AC-58B2-4C05-80DA-0093B3DEF316.png

Sanford Lake Dam owner Lee Mueller, right, explains the history and operation of the facility to Rep. Gary Glenn, R-Midland, vice chair of the state House Energy Policy Com

Wonder if the bill passed

No shit. The two parties are failing us greatly.

How do you even know these dams were a problem?

Forum List

Back