2 shot, one dead near michigan state university

You want guns; live with what happens until you get the brains to realise your stupid you are.
Until then, your people are going to die in large numbers.
"Large" numbers....?

<0.0028% of guns in the US are used to murder someone each year.

That's large?

Thank you for helping to prove that anti-gun loons can only argue from emtoion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Hmmmmm................ Last time I looked, 11,078 was a large number, and that was for 2010.

FASTSTATS - Homicide

Murders by firearms in Great Britain, 58, equivelant to 290 in the US.

58 Murders a year by Firearms in Britain, 8,775 in US | Informed Comment

By present trends, the number of firearm deaths in the US will surpass the number of deaths by auto accident in 2015.

58 Murders a year by Firearms in Britain, 8,775 in US | Informed Comment

You want guns; live with what happens until you get the brains to realise your stupid you are.
Until then, your people are going to die in large numbers.
"Large" numbers....?

That's large?

Thank you for helping to prove that anti-gun loons can only argue from emtoion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Hmmmmm................ Last time I looked, 11,078 was a large number, and that was for 2010.
For something go tbe "large" you have to have a point of comparison. What's yours?

Total fireams murders, 2001-2011

2000 8,661
2001 8,890
2002 9,528
2003 9,659
2004 9,326
2005 10,158
2006 10,225
2007 10,086
2008 9,528
2009 9,199
2010 8,874
2011 8,583 / 300,000,000 giuns = 99.9971 % of guns not used to murder someone.

FBI ? Crime in the U.S. 2011
Crime in the United States 2006
FBI ? Crime in the United States 2001

So, wherever you looked last, you didnt find that number because thatnumber does not exist.

Thank you for helping to prove the premise than anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Why is this even here?

Its a local crime of no interest to anyone except those involved.

Trying to make this a case for or against guns is just forking stupid

Because it was a university related shooting. Normally these make international headlines..

Bullshit. It happened somewhere near one. Oh I forgot gun grabber....

So murders will stop if there are no guns?

:cuckoo:

Of course not, but arguments in cinemas would result in a black eye, not a body bag.

That's strange. The last one I had in a cinema (retracts tea pinky) ended with one. And I was carrying So much for that theory.

People need to be aware that there are nutters sitting next to them, armed to the teeth and hoping for a chance to retract their pinky finger and show what a big, brave, he-man they are.

"Large" numbers....?

That's large?

For something go tbe "large" you have to have a point of comparison. What's yours?

2000 8,661
2001 8,890
2002 9,528
2003 9,659
2004 9,326
2005 10,158
2006 10,225
2007 10,086
2008 9,528
2009 9,199
2010 8,874

So, wherever you looked last, you didnt find that number because thatnumber does not exist.

Thank you for helping to prove the premise than anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Golly gee whiz, by your numbers, only 104,134 Americans murdered with firearms in just one decade. That is about 1/4 of the WW2 military toll for the US.

American Gun Deaths to Exceed Traffic Fatalities by 2015 - Bloomberg

2000 8,661
2001 8,890
2002 9,528
2003 9,659
2004 9,326
2005 10,158
2006 10,225
2007 10,086
2008 9,528
2009 9,199
2010 8,874

Golly gee whiz, by your numbers, only 104,134 Americans murdered with firearms in just one decade. That is about 1/4 of the WW2 military toll for the US.
Tell me:
What's larger: 99.9971 or 0.0029?
By a factor of what?

Don't worry -- I don't expect you to answer in any way that does anything to disprove the premise than anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

WOW - such a low number.
Tell me, how many dead people is that?

There were about 12000 murders last year and about 70 percent were with a firearm. So around 8400 or so.

This country has 320 MILLION people and around 300 million firearms in private hands. Care to do the math? As for the rates they have been dropping since 1993. There were 7000 fewer murders last year then in 1993. The violent crimes committed with firearms dropped 67 percent from 1993 to today.

That was while firearm ownership went up as did total firearms in private hands.

The only other country in the world that has such a high percentage of firearms as the US is Yemen. Do we really want to be in the same category as Yemen?

Why do you care Ms. Portugal? Your analogy is beyond stupid.

Because it was a university related shooting. Normally these make international headlines..

Of course not, but arguments in cinemas would result in a black eye, not a body bag.

That's strange. The last one I had in a cinema (retracts tea pinky) ended with one. And I was carrying So much for that theory.

People need to be aware that there are nutters sitting next to them, armed to the teeth and hoping for a chance to retract their pinky finger and show what a big, brave, he-man they are.

Yes there are. And they're wanting to make sure you can't defend yourself.

YOU wrote that YOU took a gun to a theater.

Society is safer when criminals don't know who's armed

Doubt you intended to make a joke but that is genuinely funny.

Nutters.

No I wrote that I didn't use one and asked them to explain it. When you saw they couldn't your only Leftytoon course of action was to change the subject and deflect.

YOU wrote that YOU took a gun to a theater.

Society is safer when criminals don't know who's armed

Doubt you intended to make a joke but that is genuinely funny.

Nutters.

Your 12x more likely to die by homicide outside the borders of the United States. Considering we own half the guns in the world, it is clear that outside the borders of the US you're not only more likely to be murdered, the odds are a gun would not be the tool used.

Clearly, the gun is not the issue

-Geaux

Your 12x more likely to die by homicide outside the borders of the United States. Considering we own half the guns in the world, it is clear that outside the borders of the US you're not only more likely to be murdered, the odds are a gun would not be the tool used.

-Geaux

In the USA you are 15x more likely to be murdered than in Japan where tight gun controls exist.

You can find countries with low levels of gun control and low murder rates and and countries high levels of gun control and high murder rates. This does not mean that gun control is not a factor in murder levels, it just means that it is not the biggest factor. In my opinion society in general is the biggest factor, the way that teh people in society view each other.

I think it is clearly foolish to discount gun ownership in murder rates though, whilst firearms don't make people kill each other they do make the job a whole lot easier.
Try looking at it this way:
If I open a cellular phone shop in a country that never had one before do you think the people are more or less likely to make phone calls when out and about?

I'm not arguing for gun control or against it, I'm just saying that if you perceive the freedom to own handguns is a necessary part of your political freedom then in your perception they are a very good thing. However the cost of that freedom is not only eternal vigilance but probably a bit of a higher murder rate.

-Geaux

In the USA you are 15x more likely to be murdered than in Japan where tight gun controls exist.

You can find countries with low levels of gun control and low murder rates and and countries high levels of gun control and high murder rates. This does not mean that gun control is not a factor in murder levels, it just means that it is not the biggest factor. In my opinion society in general is the biggest factor, the way that teh people in society view each other.

I think it is clearly foolish to discount gun ownership in murder rates though, whilst firearms don't make people kill each other they do make the job a whole lot easier.
Try looking at it this way:
If I open a cellular phone shop in a country that never had one before do you think the people are more or less likely to make phone calls when out and about?

I'm not arguing for gun control or against it, I'm just saying that if you perceive the freedom to own handguns is a necessary part of your political freedom then in your perception they are a very good thing. However the cost of that freedom is not only eternal vigilance but probably a bit of a higher murder rate.
For every gun used in a murder in the US, >34000 are not.
Speaks volumes as to how much of an effect the number of guns in the US has on the number of murders.

Forum List

Back