2009 second warmest year on record

My bad. Then they're using the mysteriously declining GSIS weather stations. Or the NOAA weather stations that have been proven to be artificially warmed by local factors violating their placement integrity and now give bad readings.

Home.

Please site posts where I believe the things that you acuse me of believing.

Note that most of the statements that I make in posts I back up with articles, often from peer reviewed literature.

Appeal to authority, damned right. When trying to understand climate, a PHd climatologist is a far better source than a drugged out radio jock.

Escape from a strawman with a strawman. So often your peers end up getting caught in a lie as well. Pardon me for having difficulty with the peer review argument.

Fucking bullshit, Liberty.

We see constant posts here stating that CO2 has nothing to do with warming, in spite of the absorbtion spectra work done by Tyndal in 1858. Work that has never been refuted.

You, and the rest of these fools, will acknowledge that a decrease 100 ppm of CO2, from 280 to 180 ppm, will shift us from an interglacial period to an ice age, yet you refuse to acknowledge that an increase of 100 ppm of CO2, from 280 to 380 wil have any effect on climate.

You are fools, and deserve contempt as such. You have let ideology trump reality. You are the same kind of peope that gave us the Inquisition.

It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
- Voltaire
...and so it is with Old Rocks.

None but a fool worries about things he cannot influence.
- Samuel Johnson
...Old Rocks seems prety worried.

and finally...
There is no chance for old fools.
- Cree Indian proverb

Since when has anyone here used Inquisition techniques? Where are the realities fore told
by your scientists of flooded cities, terrible hurricanes of 2009 and many other predictions that just have not materialized? It is you that has let himself be given over to a false religion of global warming. Tyndal's work has been questioned here several times as a static system versus the dynamic one we live in. You just don't accept it. You repost continually your little theories and then are surprised when we refute them with the same information again and again. Quite frankly it is getting exceedingly boring and frustrating to see you stumble around and mislead folks.

Moldy socks:

I note with amusement that you ducked my question. DO you or do you not accept that there is evidence of recent arctic ice thickening?

And, what of the latest data suggesting that the summer melt-off is the lowest since such measurements started getting made by satellites?

The ice melt across during the Antarctic summer (October-January) of 2008-2009 was the lowest ever recorded in the satellite history.

* * * * Such was the finding reported last week by Marco Tedesco and Andrew Monaghan in the journal Geophysical Research Letters:

A 30-year minimum Antarctic snowmelt record occurred during austral summer 2008–2009 according to spaceborne microwave observations for 1980–2009. Strong positive phases of both the El-Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and the Southern Hemisphere Annular Mode (SAM) were recorded during the months leading up to and including the 2008–2009 melt season.

Antarctica_icemelt.JPG

Figure 1. Standardized values of the Antarctic snow melt index (October-January) from 1980-2009 (adapted from Tedesco and Monaghan, 2009).

The silence surrounding this publication was deafening.

World Climate Report Antarctic Ice Melt at Lowest Levels in Satellite Era

My bad. Then they're using the mysteriously declining GSIS weather stations. Or the NOAA weather stations that have been proven to be artificially warmed by local factors violating their placement integrity and now give bad readings.

Home.
All that is "proven" is cultists in the religion of denial know absolutely nothing about how ANOMALIES work and why anomalies are used by real scientists rather than temp readings.

If the station is warmed by local factors then the AVERAGE for that station that the ANOMALY is CALCULATED against will be warmer, giving an anomaly that accurately reflects whether the trend for that station is up or down no matter how inaccurate the temp reading might be either by placement of the station or the inaccuracy of the thermometer relative to other thermometers.

That is why surface anomalies MATCH satellite anomalies and we know satellites are not warmed by local factors.

Satellite_Temperatures.png

The best thing about the Arctic or Greenland deglaciating will be when signs of major human civilizations are uncovered.

EdtheParrot is back! With a really big nonsensical graph! Like size imports truthiness.

>BARACK!< Anomalies! Anomalies! >Barack oBAMa!<

Moldy socks:

I note with amusement that you ducked my question. DO you or do you not accept that there is evidence of recent arctic ice thickening?

And, what of the latest data suggesting that the summer melt-off is the lowest since such measurements started getting made by satellites?

The ice melt across during the Antarctic summer (October-January) of 2008-2009 was the lowest ever recorded in the satellite history.

* * * * Such was the finding reported last week by Marco Tedesco and Andrew Monaghan in the journal Geophysical Research Letters:

A 30-year minimum Antarctic snowmelt record occurred during austral summer 2008–2009 according to spaceborne microwave observations for 1980–2009. Strong positive phases of both the El-Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and the Southern Hemisphere Annular Mode (SAM) were recorded during the months leading up to and including the 2008–2009 melt season.

Antarctica_icemelt.JPG

Figure 1. Standardized values of the Antarctic snow melt index (October-January) from 1980-2009 (adapted from Tedesco and Monaghan, 2009).

The silence surrounding this publication was deafening.

World Climate Report Antarctic Ice Melt at Lowest Levels in Satellite Era

Do you always argue against yourself?

The lowest melt on record. But still a decrease. A decrease that we will not get back. And the sea level rise continues on the upper edge of the probablity cone from the estimate in 2006.

Had you a real case, there would have been in increase in the amount of ice from the low of 2007 to the low of 2008, 2009. Instead, we see continued diminishment of the Antarctic Ice Cap, a diminishment measured in giga-tons of ice, even in the melt seasons of 2008 and 2009.

Forum List

Back