2012 Vice Presidential Debate Thread

to be fair dick cheney was not most friendly in that 2004 debate with edwards. he was not that polite if i recall. but your right biden went to far in attacking ryan at times. let ryan get away with it because of that.

to be though i think he be good vice president though i doubt we agree on that.

Dick Cheney was like Ryan, sticking to the issues.

He maintained a cool head and said everything he knew matter of factly. Never laughed or raised his voice.

He was not rude to anyone.

For some reason I have this feeling you're drunk and unable to have a discussion

I disagree. I think George is asking a 100% fair and valid question, though of course he put a bit of his own personal leftwing spin on it. :)

But what if it had been reversed? Biden was the civil, polite, dignified one and Ryan was smirking and grinning and guffawing and interrupting Biden 82 times? What would those of us who are already or are considering supporting the Romney/Ryan ticket think about that? What would we say?

And I can say with all honesty that I would NOT defend Ryan in that situation. I would be furious. And our local GOP headquarters, our representatives, and whoever I could reach in the campaign would be hearing about it in probably less than ladylike language. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior, most especially on subjects that need the focus and best efforts of a true statesman. And frankly, I find it pretty alarming that so many leftists, even on USMB are defending it or shrugging it off.

And if they are honest, they KNOW how they would be harpooning and trashing Ryan over his improper behavior today.

You do? I find most 'leftists' to just be face value leftists who have chosen a side. It's not about standards to any degree.

It is important to remember that all leftists are just as partisan as us rightwingers, and our perceptions are just as annoying to them as theirs are to us.

But there are maybe a half dozen leftists on USMB who are really special people. Folks you would avoid talking politics with at a social dinner, but who you would thoroughly enjoy going to dinner or bowling with and who are mostly civil in their discussions here. George is one of those.

BIDEN: TKO. Romney looked ill in a picture of him in front of the TV, he didn't expect to watch Biden demolish the Ryan boy.

I wonder what our Republican friends would be saying if the roles had been reversed in the vice presidential debate, and it had been Ryan who was accusing Biden of lying, laughing whenever he felt Biden was lying, interrupting Biden, showing contempt for his viewpoints, etc. .

It would have looked even worse since Ryan is so much younger than biden. He would have come across as trying to "bully" an old man. That's one reason why Ryan was overly constrained.

But there are maybe a half dozen leftists on USMB who are really special people. Folks you would avoid talking politics with at a social dinner, but who you would thoroughly enjoy going to dinner or bowling with and who are mostly civil in their discussions here. George is one of those.

Well, well! What's going on with you two now? :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Z4vIgb1mE]'ello, what's all this then? - YouTube[/ame]

BIDEN: TKO. Romney looked ill in a picture of him in front of the TV, he didn't expect to watch Biden demolish the Ryan boy.

Interesting. While I disagree with many of Ryan's policies, I felt he came off as a professional and confident leader, while Biden acted clownish and at times, ridiculous...and embarrassing. Who laughs that much when discussing some of the most serious issues our country faces? Anyway, I disagree with your assessment.

I disagree. I think George is asking a 100% fair and valid question, though of course he put a bit of his own personal leftwing spin on it. :)

But what if it had been reversed? Biden was the civil, polite, dignified one and Ryan was smirking and grinning and guffawing and interrupting Biden 82 times? What would those of us who are already or are considering supporting the Romney/Ryan ticket think about that? What would we say?

And I can say with all honesty that I would NOT defend Ryan in that situation. I would be furious. And our local GOP headquarters, our representatives, and whoever I could reach in the campaign would be hearing about it in probably less than ladylike language. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior, most especially on subjects that need the focus and best efforts of a true statesman. And frankly, I find it pretty alarming that so many leftists, even on USMB are defending it or shrugging it off.

And if they are honest, they KNOW how they would be harpooning and trashing Ryan over his improper behavior today.

You do? I find most 'leftists' to just be face value leftists who have chosen a side. It's not about standards to any degree.

It is important to remember that all leftists are just as partisan as us rightwingers, and our perceptions are just as annoying to them as theirs are to us.

I disagree. Most leftists are uneducated trolls. Naturally, they make the same claims about us. But that doesn't make them right. Look at the difference in convo between CC and LL. Higher standards lead to higher dialogue.

I think for the most part you're right. A couple of these guys wouldn't be safe in a room with me though, but for the most part I like just about everyone.

I was talking to a guy on facebook that says he was friends with one of the SEALs that was killed in Benghazi and liberals kept butting in and telling me to STFU. He had something to say about Romney's mentioning of Glen Doherty during a campaign stop. Said his friend thought Romney was a jerk. Course it came out in the discussion that Doherty was in a movement to remove religion from the military called the Military Religious Freedom Foundation. You might want to look it up. Military Religious Freedom Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doherty's mother must be a liberal because she objected to Romney mentioning him, said she didn't trust Romney........problem is Romney never mentioned his name at all. http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben..._chokes_up_while_remembering_fallen_navy_seal

The folks that interrupted me are in no mood to hear opposing viewpoints. They do what they can to silence it. They can't get away with that here.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diqQ7gRVfYo&feature=related]220, 221, Whatever It Takes - YouTube[/ame]

I just heard Biden's claim that only millionaires would be extra taxed as false. Apparently its more for those individuals over $200K and couples over $250K.

Then give us some. Specific examples.

Biden had his fair share of lies to try and nail Ryan.

A Romney supporter wouldn't be asking such a question

No, but a member of the ObamaNation's borg would. Jokey shows his true colors. Biden lied, intelligent people know this. And... better still... his agressive asshole facade did not play well with the undecideds... and both sides really need those undecideds.

Biden actually said both...first he said only people who make over a million...but then later when talking about the same topic he said..oh crud, i can't remember, but he essentially said something about the more tax ceiling was $200,000.

Obama does the same thing. He runs around saying no new taxes for anyone under a mill a year...but the truth is, the increased taxes are for anyone over 250,000.

They think everybody is too stupid to notice.

Biden actually said both...first he said only people who make over a million...but then later when talking about the same topic he said..oh crud, i can't remember, but he essentially said something about the more tax ceiling was $200,000.

Obama does the same thing. He runs around saying no new taxes for anyone under a mill a year...but the truth is, the increased taxes are for anyone over 250,000.

well you are rght that if you going to raise taxes you should be honest about how much they are going to be raised.

They're not even talking about massive tax increases that will hit us when they let the Bush Tax Cuts expire Dec. 31st. Those hit everyone, even though the left has been saying since they were implemented that they were only tax cuts for the rich.

Forum List

Back