2014 elections may keep capital hill split?

Maybe too many laws

Ya think?!

but we're not going to compete with slave labor in china. So we need to be the best and the brightest as going downwards is no way to go.

And you think more government meddling, more central planning, is the way to go to be "the best and the brightest"?

That "government meddling" you are referring to is the only reason those businesses are here in the first place.

The surest way to get the best and brightest is to give each and every child the chance to contribute to this country to the best of their ability.

Does that 'giving' involve theft from other children? Or are you simply talking about ensuring no child is PREVENTED from contributing?

If it's the former, you can take your failed Marxist nonsense and stick it.

If it's the latter, please point to an example of such prevention. I may very well agree with you, but you'll need to be specific.

Maybe too many laws

Ya think?!

but we're not going to compete with slave labor in china. So we need to be the best and the brightest as going downwards is no way to go.

And you think more government meddling, more central planning, is the way to go to be "the best and the brightest"?

That "government meddling" you are referring to is the only reason those businesses are here in the first place.

You'll have to be more specific when spouting such nonsense. Try again.

I'd like to see moderates win big time...We need more science funding, educational reform and more infrastructure.

Stupid social issues are killing this country.

Educational reform at the national level and science funding are stupid social issues.

Yeah keeping our lead within science at the noaa, nws, nasa, jpl, and grants is evil. Name a single first world country with a respectable infrastructure in science that doesn't do this.

Can't.

The private sector can't do most of these things. We wouldn't want it to.

People want a Raisin Control Board telling them how mnay raisins they can grow and sell.
People want an Ag Dept that reclassifies family farms as grain operations so they can regulate them.
People want standards on milk spills.

Oh wait, people dont want any of that shit. Only leftists and gov't employees want that crap.
We were a first world power long before the New Deal.

Are you suggesting currently there is too much regulation?

Duh. Ya think?

Got an example? And I don't mean some obscure code on raisins. Something that is really holding businesses back from really helping America.

It's going to be quite a battle. As long as tea party stupids don't screw it up again it's feasible to see a GOP majority in 2015. I think the max is something like 52-53 GOP senators, with 49-51 being more likely (remember they're starting with 45).

Without a doubt they'll pick up some seats, the question is will it be enough.

This cycle is their last chance for the next two cycles. If they can't take the Senate now, it will be another 6 years

They would have to run a perfect campaign to take 6 seats. No legitimate rape, no womens libidos, no more government shutdowns

It is possible, but I don't think it is the nature of the beast

Yes, we know RW, you want the dems in complete control of every aspect of government, you want obama to be supreme ruler for life.

Stop pretending to be something that you are not------tell the truth for once.

We don't elect corporations but we do the government. Think about it.

Oh'yess you losertrians also don't like Corporations so you feel little tiny business can handle everything.

Don't make me laugh.

Diid Henry Ford get govt grants? Edison? Bell? Gates? Jobs? Dell? Buffet? Iacocca? Trump?

Who did get govt grants and bailouts? GM, Chrysler, Fannie, freddie, Goldman Sachs, Solyndra.

Who did better for America? Those who did it on their own or those on govt welfare?

Duh. Ya think?

Got an example? And I don't mean some obscure code on raisins.

You don't think that code is devastating to the raisin industry? That's pretty damn specific. I guess if it doesn't effect your family, who the fuck cares, right?

Something that is really holding businesses back from really helping America.

First, it's not the job of businesses to "help America". It's their job to earn profit.

That said, business are being held back from creating jobs, which certainly helps Americans by specific things like the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Further, we are the only country to tax profits outside our borders. So yes, taxes are a specific.

There are many other specific examples. Take the golf club industry. Used to be a thriving business for American jobs. Now, not a single manufacturer makes clubs in America due to overly burdensome regulations involving Titanium. So, off to China those jobs go, where there are NO environmental regulations, thereby ensuring MORE pollutants get into the environment. Well done regulators...:doubt:

Duh. Ya think?

Got an example? And I don't mean some obscure code on raisins. Something that is really holding businesses back from really helping America.

You're kidding me, right? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Raisin code. Sheesh. Another classic low information poster.
Start here
Supreme Court orders new hearing for California raisin farmers - Los Angeles Times

One area where the GOP could easily mess up big time is Georgia. There are eight different GOP candidates fighting for the nomination to against Nunn. If the convention picks someone too far right that Senate seat can easily go to Nunn which would be catastrophic for the GOP gaining control of the Senate.

The surest way to get the best and brightest is to give each and every child the chance to contribute to this country to the best of their ability.

Does that 'giving' involve theft from other children? Or are you simply talking about ensuring no child is PREVENTED from contributing?

If it's the latter, please point to an example of such prevention. I may very well agree with you, but you'll need to be specific.

There are many, I would venture to guess over half, of high schools in this country where a really bright boy or girl will get almost enough education and get almost enough guidance counselling to almost make it into a state college where they will have almost reached their potential. This isn't Marxist nonsense, this is a system keeping itself alive. I believe from the looks of things we are definitely a failing system.

I think one issue with understanding the challenges many schools face is so much of what students have at better schools is taken for granted. Things like, "Well of course there is a guidance counselor in the school." Well there might be one in name, and only one, but that person is dealing with behavioral problems all day and absolutely nothing is available as far as college guidance. There is that and so much more.

One area where the GOP could easily mess up big time is Georgia. There are eight different GOP candidates fighting for the nomination to against Nunn. If the convention picks someone too far right that Senate seat can easily go to Nunn which would be catastrophic for the GOP gaining control of the Senate.

Nunn is a democrat but he is not a liberal. Fulton country may vote for a liberal but the rest of the state will not.

Duh. Ya think?

You're kidding me, right? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Raisin code. Sheesh. Another classic low information poster.
Start here
Supreme Court orders new hearing for California raisin farmers - Los Angeles Times

Oh wow. You're right. How could I forget about those communists raisins holding the country back from stellar GDP growth?

There are many, I would venture to guess over half, of high schools in this country where a really bright boy or girl will get almost enough education and get almost enough guidance counselling to almost make it into a state college where they will have almost reached their potential. This isn't Marxist nonsense, this is a system keeping itself alive. I believe from the looks of things we are definitely a failing system.

I think one issue with understanding the challenges many schools face is so much of what students have at better schools is taken for granted. Things like, "Well of course there is a guidance counselor in the school." Well there might be one in name, and only one, but that person is dealing with behavioral problems all day and absolutely nothing is available as far as college guidance. There is that and so much more.

Is that another long winded way of saying you support theft? From those according to their ability to those according to their needs? That it?

More guidance counseling? Really? Amazing how we thrived as a country without guidance counselors...

Bottom line, education is a state issue. There is nothing in Constitution allowing the Federal government to meddling in education. So let's end the DOE now and the ridiculous programs like common core. It's no coincidence that as the Feds have poured more and more money into education, the results have worsened.

Remember when it was "class size" that was the reason for our failing education system? Well, we cut class sizes in half. We now spend more per public than in just about every country...and the results are worse. Proof positive central planning does not work.

If you really want to see education improve at the state level, introduce CHOICE. When government runs schools...and I mean RUNS them, from what's in the text books to how many tater tots are served at lunch, consumers for affordable education have no choice. A monopoly therefore exists and as we know when customers have no choice to take their money elsewhere, there is ZERO incentive on the part of the provider to meet those customers expectations, much less exceed them.

Carolyn Lochhead said it best:

"Public educators, like Soviet farmers, lack any incentive to produce results, innovate, to be efficient, to make the kinds of of difficult changes that private firms operating in a competitive market must make to survive."

Last edited:
the American people don't agree with your insane views.

Cheating in elections doesn't make that untrue

Start here

Oh wow. You're right. How could I forget about those communists raisins holding the country back from stellar GDP growth?

What a disingenuous shit. You asked for a specific example. You got one. You don't think farming is part of the GDP? It is but one example, but it's a legitimate one. Your snarky dodge of a response speaks volumes about your inability to form a cogent argument.

Duh. Ya think?

Start here

why do you only accept scotus cases you like?

Forum List

Back