2014 elections may keep capital hill split?

I'd like to see moderates win big time...We need more science funding, educational reform and more infrastructure.

Stupid social issues are killing this country.

LOL, we're running deficits in the trillions, you want even more big government spending and you call the people you want to give it to you "moderates."

I lived in the UK for many years under their single payer system. Fine if you have a minor aliment. SUCKS if you have a serious condition.

And the technological advances, improvements in drugs and procedures? Those go bye-bye when competition and the profit motive is removed. All those single payer systems out there benefit greatly from OUR advancements, which would end if we went single payer.

I get this clashes with your central planner mentality.

Am I arguing in favor of single payer? No. I'm putting down the stupid notion that any party in the US is far left. The United States has a central party, the Democrats, and right wing party, the Republicans, with a far right looney faction, the Tea Party.

The left has Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and about a few dozen or so house seats.

factions of the dem party are far left and factions of the pub party are far right. the dems have more on the far left than the pubs have on the far right.

the tea party is centrist----------freedom, responsibility, accountability, lower taxes, smaller government, sound fiscal policy, and sound international policy are not far right ideas-------the are the ideas of a majority of americans.

Explain the 30% favorability rating then.

Hmm...I've not seen anyone suggest that, but okay.

We understand that you dem/libs have to relate the entire GOP to a few far right idiots, but the mainstream of the GOP is not far right, they are slightly right of center. As much as you libs have to lie, the teaparty is not far right. wanting individual freesom, lower taxes, smaller government, sane fiscal policy, and sane international policy are center right ideas.

the reality is that the dem party has been taken over by the far left. centrist dems are a rare breed today.

Centrist, as in not left or right. It's been this way ever since the beginning of the Clinton Era, maybe a bit before that. Playing with words wont' get you anywhere.

the Democrats, and right wing party, the Republicans, with a far right looney faction, the Tea Party.

The left has Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and about a few dozen or so house seats.

Sounds like you're saying the Republicans are "right wing" but the Democrats are not "left wing"...except for a few dozen house seats. Did I get that right?

Lastly, can you tell us exactly, with specificity, logic and reason, what makes the Tea Party a "far right loony faction"? Obviously, any large scale movement will have individuals that are out there, but what exactly about the entire movement towards lower taxes and lower spending is "loony"?

Hmm...let's see...the ENTIRE PREMISE tea party candidates use against incumbents like Lugar and Romney and a host of others is that they aren't "conservative enough" or aren't "right wing enough" and are ALWAYS pushing for being more and more conservative. Let's see...what does the tea party not like? We've seen this time and time again...."he isn't conservative enough" it's what costs the GOP the Senate Majority they wanted both in 2010 and 2012, and it may very well cost them it again in 2014. The Tea Party idiots can't be conservative ENOUGH....it's just a blantant winning strategy in GOP primaries to always be the one the most to the right, at least in the south which is basically the Tea Party's homeland.

the people who stayed home on election day because Romney was not conservative enough, helped elect obama, they were stupid.

the tea party is a national organization, there are more tea party people in Cal than in Miss.

Unfortunately it is too many voters from left to right that y"relate the entire GOP to a few far right idiots."

We should have had the Senate in 2010 and again in 2012, but, no, our fruitcakes on the far wing nut reactionary rights' language prevented that. MR spoke unfortunately in words that alienated many Americans.

We have to do better as a party than say to the Dems, "We know better than you, fuckheads. You all are a bunch a fuckers if you don't vote for us."

The TPM has been manhandled by the reactionaries to the far right and is flatly antagonistic toward the rest of America.

Am I arguing in favor of single payer? No. I'm putting down the stupid notion that any party in the US is far left. The United States has a central party, the Democrats, and right wing party, the Republicans, with a far right looney faction, the Tea Party.

factions of the dem party are far left and factions of the pub party are far right. the dems have more on the far left than the pubs have on the far right.

the tea party is centrist----------freedom, responsibility, accountability, lower taxes, smaller government, sound fiscal policy, and sound international policy are not far right ideas-------the are the ideas of a majority of americans.

a biased media and set up polls.

pay me to do a poll and I will select a sample that will give you the answer you want---its a game.

a biased media and set up polls.

pay me to do a poll and I will select a sample that will give you the answer you want---its a game.

It's Gallup

Unfortunately it is too many voters from left to right that y"relate the entire GOP to a few far right idiots."

We should have had the Senate in 2010 and again in 2012, but, no, our fruitcakes on the far wing nut reactionary rights' language prevented that. MR spoke unfortunately in words that alienated many Americans.

We have to do better as a party than say to the Dems, "We know better than you, fuckheads. You all are a bunch a fuckers if you don't vote for us."

thats what the dems say and it works for them. of course, they have the media repeating their propaganda for them.

thats what the dems say and it works for them. of course, they have the media repeating their propaganda for them.

No actually, the dems have hard issues to sell, like ENDA, immigration reform, $10.10 minimum wage, women's reproductive rights, and others.

Last edited:

No actually, the dems have hard issues to sell, like ENDA, immigration reform, $10.10 minimum wage, and others.

Yes they do. and a majority of americans disagree with that agenda.

Yes, we know RW, you want the dems in complete control of every aspect of government, you want obama to be supreme ruler for life.

Stop pretending to be something that you are not------tell the truth for once.

The American people decide one election at a time

If Republicans cannot win, they have only themselves to blame

<or the media>

do you ever address the post you are responding to? yes, the voters decide one election at a time---------did anyone ever say otherwise?

yes, the losing party has themselves to blame. The dems lost big time in 2010, did they lose because they were incompetent or because the voters wanted them out of power? or did they lose because the voters decided that republicans could do a better job in the house?

And that is your problem isn't it?

If "We the People" decide they do not want Republicans representing them, then Democrats will hold the House, Senate and White House?

Is that a bad thing?

Not if Republican views are so out of touch with the will of the people. Whining for a GOP sympathy vote does you no good

Luddly Neddite said:
No it shouldn't but it happens in the US.

Look at the other photos at the link. If "you" don't care about innocent people being mowed down and the heartbreak of the families, do you care about how much these shootings cost the tax payers, the merchants?

And note that the armed guards didn't do a whole lot of good.

@Luddy Neddite

It shouldn't happen, but what you didn't present is a plan. What is your proposal to prevent murder exactly?

If obama carries through on his intention to rule as a dictator, the trivia may not matter. In a year of imperial presiduncey, the voters may just wipe the democrats out regardless of what they take out of context.

The American people decide one election at a time

If Republicans cannot win, they have only themselves to blame

<or the media>

do you ever address the post you are responding to? yes, the voters decide one election at a time---------did anyone ever say otherwise?

yes, the losing party has themselves to blame. The dems lost big time in 2010, did they lose because they were incompetent or because the voters wanted them out of power? or did they lose because the voters decided that republicans could do a better job in the house?

If "We the People" decide they do not want Republicans representing them, then Democrats will hold the House, Senate and White House?

Is that a bad thing?

Not if Republican views are so out of touch with the will of the people. Whining for a GOP sympathy vote does you no good

Yes, the people will decide and thats the way its supposed to be. I have no issue with that, do you?

Some far right republicans are out of the mainstream with their views. I understand that the dem/lib tactic is to lie and claim that those loons represent the entire party-----but they don't and a majority of american voters understand that.

Does Sheila Jackson Lee represent the views of the entire dem party? Do all dems think as she does?

In summary------you are a partisan idiot. Not worthy of my time or typing skills.

Is that a bad thing?

Yes, the people will decide and thats the way its supposed to be. I have no issue with that, do you?

Some far right republicans are out of the mainstream with their views. I understand that the dem/lib tactic is to lie and claim that those loons represent the entire party-----but they don't and a majority of american voters understand that.

Does Sheila Jackson Lee represent the views of the entire dem party? Do all dems think as she does?

In summary------you are a partisan idiot. Not worthy of my time or typing skills.

Partisan? Me?

I have never voted a straight ticket in my life. I have voted for more Republicans for President than Democrats

Can you make the same claim?

How many Democrats have you voted for?

You're kidding me, right? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Raisin code. Sheesh. Another classic low information poster.
Start here
Supreme Court orders new hearing for California raisin farmers - Los Angeles Times

Oh wow. You're right. How could I forget about those communists raisins holding the country back from stellar GDP growth?

What a disingenuous shit. You asked for a specific example. You got one. You don't think farming is part of the GDP? It is but one example, but it's a legitimate one. Your snarky dodge of a response speaks volumes about your inability to form a cogent argument.

And that's it. One farmer complaining about a law that came about during the depression era.

Hey my raisin bran was full of raisins this morning. I think more raisins than I've ever seen before.

You and the rabbit are fucking stupid if this is the best example you've got of government regs holding back the raisin industry. Or any industry.

Come on rabbit. You can do better than that. Can't you?

Is that a bad thing?

Partisan? Me?

I have never voted a straight ticket in my life. I have voted for more Republicans for President than Democrats

Can you make the same claim?

How many Democrats have you voted for?

I have voted for democrats in local elections and a couple times for congress.

My issue with you is that you claim to be a republican but denigrate everything said or done by republicans in every post. You are a dem tool, and a liar.

Hmm...I've not seen anyone suggest that, but okay.

We understand that you dem/libs have to relate the entire GOP to a few far right idiots, but the mainstream of the GOP is not far right, they are slightly right of center. As much as you libs have to lie, the teaparty is not far right. wanting individual freesom, lower taxes, smaller government, sane fiscal policy, and sane international policy are center right ideas.

the reality is that the dem party has been taken over by the far left. centrist dems are a rare breed today.

Centrist, as in not left or right. It's been this way ever since the beginning of the Clinton Era, maybe a bit before that. Playing with words wont' get you anywhere.

Of course, the statement you quoted in no way suggests "the stupid notion that any party in the US is far left". Nobody has said that. Fail. Big fail.

the Democrats, and right wing party, the Republicans, with a far right looney faction, the Tea Party.

Sounds like you're saying the Republicans are "right wing" but the Democrats are not "left wing"...except for a few dozen house seats. Did I get that right?

Lastly, can you tell us exactly, with specificity, logic and reason, what makes the Tea Party a "far right loony faction"? Obviously, any large scale movement will have individuals that are out there, but what exactly about the entire movement towards lower taxes and lower spending is "loony"?

Hmm...let's see...the ENTIRE PREMISE tea party candidates use against incumbents like Lugar and Romney and a host of others is that they aren't "conservative enough" or aren't "right wing enough" and are ALWAYS pushing for being more and more conservative.

Actually, not really. The ENTIRE PREMISE of the tea party candidates that we spend to much and that we're taxed too much. It's right there in the acronym (TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY). Further, even if you were right, how EXACTLY is a more conservative approach "loony"??? Sorry, but just because you worship at the alter of the central planners doesn't make those that value limited government loony. Your "Because I say so" argument hold no water.

Let's see...what does the tea party not like? We've seen this time and time again...."he isn't conservative enough" it's what costs the GOP the Senate Majority they wanted both in 2010 and 2012, and it may very well cost them it again in 2014.

So you have some magic crystal ball that can know exactly how those races would have turned out without the TP movement? Really? And I find it interesting how you overlook the large number of TP candidates that won. Hmmm...

Further, is it beyond your comprehension to understand that many have no interest in supporting Republicans that act and vote like Democrats just because they have an R by their name? You may lend your support with such blind allegiance. Others take a deeper look and lend their support accordingly.

The Tea Party idiots can't be conservative ENOUGH....it's just a blantant winning strategy in GOP primaries to always be the one the most to the right, at least in the south which is basically the Tea Party's homeland.

Again, still looking what makes a group of people that value limited government, lower taxes and less spending "loony". So far, you've failed to back up your claim other than to say they're "conservative". By your logic, I should call anyone that is a Progressive loony...without articulating exactly why I stand against Progressive policies. But that would childish and stupid, wouldn't it?

Forum List

Back