CDZ 2014 Mid-Term Election returns thread

This is the telling statistic from the exit polls, national house:

2014 Exit polls.jpg

The electorate for 2014 for the mid-terms is pretty much the model that the Romney team wanted in 2012. It shows that, as expected, many Democratic voters did not come out to vote. The white vote has jumped to 75% and both the Black and Latino vote have shrunk some. We saw something similar happen in 2010.

So, electoral history is playing out again, pretty much as expected.

Ok, enough of the mini-modding.

The Election forum is Zone 3, not Zone 2.

I'm going to clean this thread, and move it to the CDZ, since there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that posters want this thread clean of flaming. For those of you who want to flame, there are plenty of other election day threads.

I am batting 100% so far. I said New Hampshire would stay Dem and Colorado would see Marc Uterus lose. If Virginia or NC flip the night is over.

Who is Mark "Uterus"?

Please re-read the OP and remember that we are only recording the results. No partisan sniping on either side. I have been calling it out all over the place.

What the fuck is wrong with people these days? Can they not read an OP for content, or what?

Geez.

Who elected you the Church Lady?

Mark Uterus is Mark Udall, as anyone who has paid attention to the campaign in CO would know.

I am thoroughly enjoying seeing the Fake War on Women CRAP backfire on the Dems.
BUT I thought I heard that the Republican just took Democratic stances upfront, to get the women's vote issues off the table, and/or- issues neutralized?

i.e., abortion ok

hmmm, maybe karl Rove was talking about someone else?

I think that is nonsense.

Most women are not One Issue Voters. No serious candidates are running on Ban Abortion as their platform. The biggest "women's issue", imo, is ObamaCare. Women with families are very likely to be negatively impacted by ObamaCare...and are voting against it.
I would like to think women are smarter than than that and not so shallow. They do care about more than their uterus and birth control and recognize that foreign affairs and the economy is far more important than their personal issues. The country needs statesmen who make decisions on an array of issues. Women should consider the same. Women should not be any different than men when it comes to voting.

I am batting 100% so far. I said New Hampshire would stay Dem and Colorado would see Marc Uterus lose. If Virginia or NC flip the night is over.

Who is Mark "Uterus"?

Please re-read the OP and remember that we are only recording the results. No partisan sniping on either side. I have been calling it out all over the place.

What the fuck is wrong with people these days? Can they not read an OP for content, or what?

Geez.

Who elected you the Church Lady?

Mark Uterus is Mark Udall, as anyone who has paid attention to the campaign in CO would know.

I am thoroughly enjoying seeing the Fake War on Women CRAP backfire on the Dems.
BUT I thought I heard that the Republican just took Democratic stances upfront, to get the women's vote issues off the table, and/or- issues neutralized?

i.e., abortion ok

hmmm, maybe karl Rove was talking about someone else?

I think that is nonsense.

Most women are not One Issue Voters. No serious candidates are running on Ban Abortion as their platform. The biggest "women's issue", imo, is ObamaCare. Women with families are very likely to be negatively impacted by ObamaCare...and are voting against it.
I would like to think women are smarter than than that and not so shallow. They do care about more than their uterus and birth control and recognize that foreign affairs and the economy is far more important than their personal issues. The country needs statesmen who make decisions on an array of issues. Women should consider the same. Women should not be any different than men when it comes to voting.

I don't think it is at all shallow to base one's vote on opposition to ObamaCare. ObamaCare unites a host of seminal issues involving big government overreach.

Wake County, a high-population Democratic stronghold, has submitted the last of its precinct vote counts. Mecklenburg County is still incomplete. Almost all of the Republican-leaning portions of the state are done. These are the numbers with 93.14% of precincts reporting in:

Thom TillisREP1,336,76149.10 %
Kay HaganDEM1,279,06346.98 %
Sean HaughLIB101,9513.74 %
Write-In (Miscellaneous)4,9100.18 %
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Wake County, a high-population Democratic stronghold, has submitted the last of its precinct vote counts. Mecklenburg County is still incomplete. Almost all of the Republican-leaning portions of the state are done. These are the numbers with 93.14% of precincts reporting in:

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hagan needs to sweep Mecklenburg County with a record margin in order to overcome a 53,000 vote deficit.

And I am unaware of how NC treats absentee and military ballots.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The numbers from Wake County only are as follows:

Kay HaganDEM177,20755.16 %
Thom TillisREP134,13241.75 %
Sean HaughLIB9,3602.91 %
Write-In (Miscellaneous)5630.18 %
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hagan gained a lot of ground here; with under 60,000 votes between the two candidate statewide, Hagan's pickup of an over 40,000 vote majority in Wake County is helping to close the gap considerably.

Forum List

Back