2015 study: Defense & health care get 50 cents of every tax dollar. Education & transportation get 2 cents each. its not like states pick up the slack

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
we need to re-imagine government in a more HUMAN way. later on, i will attempt to lay out plans to do that. i will either succeed...or fail!

States and local governments are responsible for schools and roads for the most part.

Do you really think that a federal agency running all of America's schools is a good idea? Do you really want a federal bureaucrat in Washington DC to be in charge of fixing the pothole in front of your home or plowing the roads in the winter?

States and local governments are responsible for schools and roads for the most part.

Do you really think that a federal agency running all of America's schools is a good idea? Do you really want a federal bureaucrat in Washington DC to be in charge of fixing the pothole in front of your home or plowing the roads in the winter?
I propose Medicare For All to fix health care, for example. families are already paying the high cost of health care, why not have the government handle it?

I propose Medicare For All to fix health care, for example. families are already paying the high cost of health care, why not have the government handle it?
Your proposal sucks and the whole idea of the beast system getting anymore of a foothold on stripping out the health and wealth of the nation absolutely reeks.

The only "fix" in that proposal would be is one more fix in for creating more poverty for the masses yet more job security for those willing to kiss the ass and suck-up to that beast regardless of the damage and misery it causes and saddles other people with.

Because it will cost 3 times as much when the federal government takes it over. The legions of federal bureaucrats needed to handle the program and the payments as well as police it and audit it, won't be free you know.

I guess it would be good news for the La Cosa Nostra as it would be another way to scam an unlimited pot of gold.

BTW, "Medicare for All" is a misnomer. The plan has nothing to do with the current Medicare program, and indeed would cause that program to be abolished. It should really be called "Medicare for None"/

Taking on Russia and China can't wait, nor can the expense be spared.

However, it's likely that any time after 1946 was too late, when the Soviets got the bomb.

This documentary details a lot of the problems in health/managing the current state of sick care.

That chart is WAY out of date.

But the saddest part is, most discretionary spending is unconstitutional, starting with SS and Medicare. At least Defense spending is something that Congress has the legitimate power to do.

And for the record, Congress has NO POWER to spend money on EDUCATION! None. Zero. Every fucking dime spent by the Feds on education is unauthorized by the Constitution.

There is no higher priority than remaining free of the rest of the craziness of the world.

Forum List

Back