2017 Has Been A Rough Year For Evangelicals

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
"As 2017 ends, evangelical Christians in the United States are suffering one of their periodic identity crises. Unlike other religious groups, the evangelical movement comprises a variety of perspectives and tendencies and is therefore especially prone to splintering and disagreement.

The latest challenge to evangelical unity arises from the extent to which a large majority of self-identified "evangelical" voters have aligned themselves with such politicians as Donald Trump and Judge Roy Moore, both of whom have a record of stoking cultural resentments rather than building community. To some evangelicals, a pattern of narcissism, lies, misogyny and vilifying immigrants and refugees disgraces their religious tradition.

"For those of us who care deeply that our neighbors come to know the love of Jesus Christ, this is a tragic moment," says Collin Hansen, editorial director for The Gospel Coalition, an organization of church leaders dedicated to restoring the "historic beliefs and practices" of traditional evangelicalism. "We talk about the evangel, the good news, that makes us evangelicals, [but] our neighbors hear a certain kind of political agenda or they hear a kind of anger or frustration"."- Source
`
`

I have what I consider to be, a rational bias against evangelicals, et al. Still, I need to be reminded from time to time, that men bastardize and corrupt religions and faith to achieve their own ulterior reasons. While I tend to classify all evangelicals as a faux-christian, political cult, there are still many faithful evangelicals who are not caught up in the secular perversion that has taken place within their ranks and are revolting against it.

To be an evangelical today, casts a very dark shadow. Many are seen as coldly intolerant and unmoved by human suffering and misfortune, as they believe such situations as having no job, healthcare, etc, are all punishments from god for the sins you have committed. No forgiveness without just penance . Seen as almost evil automatons, this brand of evangelicals have pushed a Faustian bargain to put trump in office hence to use government to pave the way for the second coming.

However, thankfully not all evangelicals are like that, to quote from the article;
"When I've traveled to Christian liberal arts schools, I've always been struck by how many students really reject that [evangelical] label," says Molly Worthen, a historian at the University of North Carolina who specializes in the study of evangelical Christians. "I think this is particularly common among the millennial generation. There is a kind of exhaustion with aggressive, Moral Majority-style politics that has rubbed younger evangelicals the wrong way."

Younger evangelicals are also more likely to have relationships with people of other ethnic backgrounds, and the continuation of that trend is likely to undermine the politicization of the evangelical movement, says Scott McConnell of LifeWay Research."

So, there still is hope.

Last edited:
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Nevertheless, I have seen numerous "thoughtful" op - ed pieces pointing out the supposed hypocrisy of the Christians who voted for Judge Moore.

Pure idiocy.

So they should have voted for someone who actively supports infanticide, open borders, gay marriage...someone who cannot name the two genders, RATHER THAN an apparently God - fearing man who has been accused of unseemly conduct 30-40 years ago.

And having held their figurative noses and voted for Moore, they are irredeemably compromised?

Idiocy.

Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Nevertheless, I have seen numerous "thoughtful" op - ed pieces pointing out the supposed hypocrisy of the Christians who voted for Judge Moore.Pure idiocy.So they should have voted for someone who actively supports infanticide, open borders, gay marriage...someone who cannot name the two genders, RATHER THAN an apparently God - fearing man who has been accused of unseemly conduct 30-40 years ago. And having held their figurative noses and voted for Moore, they are irredeemably compromised?Idiocy.
`
`

Had you actually read the entire article, which you didn't, you'd know who the author was. But as is the case here, people crank out opinions without knowing what the entire article is about. I don't have a clue as to what your commenting on as Moore was mentioned only once.

A good Christian follows the teachings of Christ, not the whims of preachers or political party's.

Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Nevertheless, I have seen numerous "thoughtful" op - ed pieces pointing out the supposed hypocrisy of the Christians who voted for Judge Moore.

Pure idiocy.

So they should have voted for someone who actively supports infanticide, open borders, gay marriage...someone who cannot name the two genders, RATHER THAN an apparently God - fearing man who has been accused of unseemly conduct 30-40 years ago.

And having held their figurative noses and voted for Moore, they are irredeemably compromised?

Idiocy.
There’s nothing Roy Moore could have done about abortion and gay marriage, as they are the law of the land. So scratch that. As for open borders, Trump deported less people this year than Obama did in any of his 8 years, and the wall is looking DOA. So all rapin’ Roy was really going to accomplish in the Senate is to make a mockery of our nation and deepen the divide between Americans.

Evangelicals have been supporters of war, punishing the poor, and demonizing minority groups instead of evangelizing their faith to them for a long time now.

While I'm no fan of bible-thumping Evangelicals, I can't take you liberals seriously when you've sold your souls to something a thousandfold orders of magnitude worse: Islam. Let me know when Evangelicals throw disfiguring acid in the faces of disobedient women. Let me know when Evangelicals start beheading their own family members on a whim, like leaving the religion. Let me know when Evangelicals teach their children to be suicide bombers. Let me know when Evangelicals non-surgically chop the clits off young girls so they won't be "tempted" which results in a huge number of deaths per year. Let me know when Evangelicals have massive, murderous, baby-tantrum arson-riots over the tiniest perception of "blasphemy."

Leftists don't even understand why why they hate us.

Proverbs 29:27
An unjust man is abominable to the righteous, And he who is upright in the way is abominable to the wicked.

Isaiah 66:5
Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at His word: "Your brothers who hate you, who exclude you for My name's sake, Have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy.' But they will be put to shame.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:9
Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name.

John 7:7
The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me, because I testify that its works are evil.

John 16:33
I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!"

1 John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.

1 John 3:13
So do not be surprised, brothers, if the world hates you.

Leftists don't even understand why why they hate us.

Proverbs 29:27
An unjust man is abominable to the righteous, And he who is upright in the way is abominable to the wicked.

Isaiah 66:5
Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at His word: "Your brothers who hate you, who exclude you for My name's sake, Have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy.' But they will be put to shame.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:9
Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name.

John 7:7
The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me, because I testify that its works are evil.

John 16:33
I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!"

1 John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.

1 John 3:13
So do not be surprised, brothers, if the world hates you.

One just has to shake their head at the very idea that people like you think they are representing Christ. Just mind boggling.

While I'm no fan of bible-thumping Evangelicals, I can't take you liberals seriously when you've sold your souls to something a thousandfold orders of magnitude worse: Islam. Let me know when Evangelicals throw disfiguring acid in the faces of disobedient women. Let me know when Evangelicals start beheading their own family members on a whim, like leaving the religion. Let me know when Evangelicals teach their children to be suicide bombers. Let me know when Evangelicals non-surgically chop the clits off young girls so they won't be "tempted" which results in a huge number of deaths per year. Let me know when Evangelicals have massive, murderous, baby-tantrum arson-riots over the tiniest perception of "blasphemy."
`
`

The article nor my reply never mentioned liberal or conservative. You reply has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Please read the entire canticle first Then, comment on it. Thanks.

Forum List

Back