2019 top ten most expensive states to live in.....and the winner is.............

When 9 of the top 10 states in quality of education are Blue States, it shows your conclusions are wrong
Go ahead and demonstrate what conclusion of mine was "wrong". You're the partisan dope who said blue states poured money into investing in education while red states operated "on the cheap"
This list shows your assumptions are wrong: That more money guarantees a great education (California proves it does not) and red states do not value education (Wyoming shows that's a lie).

How has that investment paid off in California, Oregon, New Mexico, Nevada, to name a few?
Wisconsin is now a red state and ranks 13th on the education list even though it spends the 24th most per pupil.

Your idiotic partisan talking point backfired. Who "educated" you?

sure it was...you made it sound like the people of California dont mind paying for things that are overpriced,when thats a bunch of bullshit....even those who move in dont want to pay more for what is there already....

Obviously people don't want to pay more for something than they need to.

"Overpriced" meaning what exactly? I'm talking about market value. The market value of a home in California is higher than the market value of a home in Mississippi. People are willing to pay more for something they perceive to be more valuable.

We all gauge this decision. When deciding which car to buy, there's a wide range of selections. Someone can pay $x on a car or $y on a better car. The second car isn't "overpriced". But it's better than the first car so it costs more.
and that market value is way out of line....old shitty houses in Garden Grove are going for 4-5 hundred thousand,and they are old houses built in the 60's in not so great neighborhoods....

Oh. You think your opinion on what the market value should be is of importance.

That's adorable.
yea that is adorable...and i bet there are a hell of a lot Californians that agree with me...would you buy a house in garden grove for that kind of money?..

Things cost what people are willing to pay for them.

It's really not that difficult of a concept. But yes, your opinion on what the market value ought to be is soooooo helpful. Thank you so much for that.
no problem ..i am here to help....i notice you did not answer my question about Garden Grove....thats ok not many would buy there....

When 9 of the top 10 states in quality of education are Blue States, it shows your conclusions are wrong
Go ahead and demonstrate what conclusion of mine was "wrong". You're the partisan dope who said blue states poured money into investing in education while red states operated "on the cheap"
This list shows your assumptions are wrong: That more money guarantees a great education (California proves it does not) and red states do not value education (Wyoming shows that's a lie).

How has that investment paid off in California, Oregon, New Mexico, Nevada, to name a few?
Wisconsin is now a red state and ranks 13th on the education list even though it spends the 24th most per pupil.

Your idiotic partisan talking point backfired. Who "educated" you?
Your ability to cherry pick a few outliers does little to refute the fact that Blue States have better educational systems

When nine of the top ten are Blue, it does show a trend

As in most things in life, you get what you pay for

Some states are willing to invest in education, healthcare, taking care of the poor, modern infrastructure, parks and recreation,

Other states operate on the cheap
California invested heavily in many of them things....education went from top 5 to bottom 10...??

Your ability to cherry pick a few outliers does little to refute the fact that Blue States have better educational systems

There are fifty states. Not ten! Your trend does not hold up when ALL the states are looked at. You have taken a generalization and tried to make it applicable to ALL the states.

Not very smart.

Some states are willing to invest in education, healthcare, taking care of the poor, modern infrastructure, parks and recreation,

California invested heavily in many of them things....education went from top 5 to bottom 10...??
California has a unique demographic with a heavy immigrant population. They have an excuse for poor performance. What is the excuse of Mississippi or West Virginia?

There are fifty states. Not ten! Your trend does not hold up when ALL the states are looked at. You have taken a generalization and tried to make it applicable to ALL the states.

Not very smart.
Never claimed absolute. Some Red States are able to maintain a respectable educational system. But the BEST are almost exclusively Blue

Never claimed absolute. Some Red States are able to maintain a respectable educational system. But the BEST are almost exclusively Blue
Bullshit! Post # 96 made no such distinctions. If you had said this originally you would have a point.
But you didn't. And you don't.

California has a unique demographic with a heavy immigrant population. They have an excuse for poor performance. What is the excuse of Mississippi or West Virginia?
California has had a "heavy' immigrant population even back in the 70's.....whats your next excuse RW?...

California has had a "heavy' immigrant population even back in the 70's.....whats your next excuse RW?...

I lived in California in the late 70s. The immigrant population was nowhere near what it is today

I lived in California in the late 70s. The immigrant population was nowhere near what it is today
were did you live?....

Suicide rate by state

Best states (lowest suicide rate)

1. New York 8.1
2. New Jersey 8.3
3. Massachusetts 9.5
4. Maryland 9.8
5. California 10.5
6. Connecticut 10.5
7. Illinois 11.2
8. Delaware 11.6
9. Rhode Island 11.8

10. Texas 13.4

Worst states (highest suicide rate)

41. Nevada 20.3

42. Arkansas 20.8
43. West Virginia 21.1
44. South Dakota 22.5
45. Utah 22.7
46. Idaho 23.2
47. New Mexico 23.3

48. Wyoming 26.9
49. Alaska 27
50. Montana 28.9

Stats of the State - Suicide Mortality

were did you live?....
Riverside then the northern Bay Area

That deep blue states I used to live in and the one I currently live in, California and Oregon, are ranked 34th and 35th respectively in this listing.
Not very impressive especially considering all the money they pour into education and their very high tax rates.

upload_2019-11-23_13-43-24.png

upload_2019-11-23_13-44-44.png

Not very smart.

When looking at all states, there is a positive correlation coefficient between spending and all other education variables provided in your link.

Generally speaking, more spending tends to improve the other factors. They aren't clearly defined trends, but they are all still positive.

were did you live?....
Riverside then the northern Bay Area
in the 70's there were anywhere from 1-2 million illegals there....most in S.Cal in LA and San Bernardino Counties..that had an impact on the schools....yet they still did ok....why in the world Riverside?....

Someone is fucking anal
Because I hold you accountable for the drivel you post?

Your source shows that blue states out-perform red states in every single category provided by your link.

Graduation Rate: Blue states, on average, have a higher graduation rate. However, the difference is small and not statistically significant.

Spending: Blue states, on average, have higher spending on education. Statistically significant.

8th Grade NAEP Proficiency: Blue states, on average, are more proficient in both reading and math. Statistically significant.

Bachelor's Degrees: Blue states, on average, have more adults with bachelor's degrees. Statistically significant.

Income: Blue states, on average, have more adults between 25 and 64 who have incomes above the national median. Statistically significant.

Let me know if you want to see the p-values generated from the t-test.

Forum List

Back