2019 top ten most expensive states to live in.....and the winner is.............

Nice things cost money. If they can't afford nice things, then they should settle for something cheaper.

What's your point?

I believe DigitalDrifter 's point is that the value of "Nice things" is very subjective.... Your opinion XponentialChaos probably sucks in his eyes...

Some people may prefer spam over prime rib. Of course it's subjective.

Some people can't afford the market value of prime rib and settle for spam.

I see you haven’t learned to look at overall sociological and quality of life trends

Red States do worse than Blue States, there is no denying it
There is plenty of reason to deny. Quality of life is a very subjective thing. You can keep your crime riddled, high cost, congested, highly regulated blue state drone centers.

The quality of life trend in California isn't looking so good. Have you noticed?

California is one of our wealthiest states. Most are doing very well
But they also have a large homeless population due to climate and a tolerance for homelessness

In what universe does a higher cost indicate a lower quality product?

A Ferrari is more expensive than a Ford Pinto.
Prime rib is more expensive than bologna.
A $5,000 prostitute is more attractive than a $5 prostitute.
It's more expensive to live in California than it is in Mississippi.
Who makes a ford pinto? No one.

It's adorable you believe it's "nice things".
The point is California is turning into a third world state, like Brazil, where life is great for the well off but a horror for the people of the slums and the shrinking middle class.
It's a place where interactions between the people forced to go out among the underclass winds up with a punch in the face or a bucket of diarrhea dumped over someone's head.

Of course someone like Nan Pelosi or the Silicon Valley millionaires who go straight from their walled in estates to the opera or five star restaurants will likely never experience how the rich and poor have become more distant and estranged from each other than ever.
But that's what makes San Francisco such a dystopian canary in the coal mine.

No surprise, except for Alaska which has an excuse due to pretty much all goods needing to be shipped in, all deep blue states. California most expensive in the lower 48. Such a shock.

America's 10 most expensive states to live in 2019

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
Offer and demand, everyone wants to be in those states....why do we have to go over this every freaking time? Me and my neighbhours if we sell we can buy probably 20 houses in Most red states, than do what there? Plenty of business here, best beaches, best national parks, close to an international airport, we have the best weather, snow slopes 2 hours away, Disneyland, Universal studios.....why the hell would we trade this for useless red states full of racists? WHY?

No surprise, except for Alaska which has an excuse due to pretty much all goods needing to be shipped in, all deep blue states. California most expensive in the lower 48. Such a shock.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
Offer and demand, everyone wants to be in those states....why do we have to go over this every freaking time? Me and my neighbhours if we sell we can buy probably 20 houses in Most red states, than do what there? Plenty of business here, best beaches, best national parks, close to an international airport, we have the best weather, snow slopes 2 hours away, Disneyland, Universal studios.....why the hell would we trade this for useless red states full of racists? WHY?

"Everyone" ?
Actually California has been seeing more moving away than moving in.

More people moving out of California than moving in

More than 86,000 people have left California for Texas, nearly 70,000 for Arizona and about 55,000 for Washington over the last seven years.

According to a recent poll conducted by the University of California, Berkeley, 71% of registered voters said they would consider moving out of the state due to California’s high cost of housing.

58% of voters said they would consider moving because of high taxes and 46% said they would move because of California’s political culture.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii

"Everyone" ?

More than 86,000 people have left California for Texas, nearly 70,000 for Arizona and about 55,000 for Washington over the last seven years.

According to a recent poll conducted by the University of California, Berkeley, 71% of registered voters said they would consider moving out of the state due to California’s high cost of housing.

58% of voters said they would consider moving because of high taxes and 46% said they would move because of California’s political culture.

I swear to you it is fake news. The talk here is how is crowded by the day. I see more people moving in from within the US and overseas than moving out.
Dont believe the crap propaganda that wants you to believe that narrative. Come here to see for yourself.
I'm in real estate we get 20 candidates for each apartment if not more, open houses see also lot of buyers (slowed a bit)
Freeways packed, streets busy, business booming,....when I go to other states I see a huge difference in paste and size of economy I sometimes wonder how they stay in business.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii

"Everyone" ?

I swear to you it is fake news. The talk here is how is crowded by the day. I see more people moving in from within the US and overseas than moving out.
Dont believe the crap propaganda that wants you to believe that narrative. Come here to see for yourself.
I'm in real estate we get 20 candidates for each apartment if not more, open houses see also lot of buyers (slowed a bit)
Freeways packed, streets busy, business booming,....when I go to other states I see a huge difference in paste and size of economy I sometimes wonder how they stay in business.

The California exodus is speeding up

It doesn’t matter if you believe your own bullshit or not, facts are facts Gomer.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii

"Everyone" ?

It doesn’t matter if you believe your own bullshit or not, facts are facts Gomer.
Fake news, move over.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii

"Everyone" ?

Fake news, move over.

You didn’t read the article, you knee jerked as usual. So far you have no facts just an uneducated opinion.

A generation plans an exodus from California

"California is the great role model for America, particularly if you read the Eastern press. Yet few boosters have yet to confront the fact that the state is continuing to hemorrhage people at a higher rate, with particular losses among the family-formation age demographic critical to California’s future."

A generation plans an exodus from California – Orange County Register

Forum List

Back