250 Years of Tradition Sacrificed on Altar of Political Correctness

With all the atrocities that this women had to endure and you sit behind your monitor and make a comment about cowardice!
If you had to live even a small amount of the horrors this woman endured in her life time, I would bet my last dollar you would have crawled into a hole and pissed all over yourself.
You fool!

I don't care what's on what bill... It's just sad to see political correctness take its place in the forefront of American life.
She overcame the obstacles of being a slave, risked her life time after time working the Underground Railroad to free others, and became a Union spy and scout during the Civil War. If she weren't a 'she' and weren't black, Tubman represents all you admire in a human being: overcoming adversity, bravery, military service. What's not to like?
You can't put this one down to political correctness. It's history.
It's the principle that matters, political correctness is a cowardly behavior...
Ha ha, how many miles have you walked in my shoes??
Back to your moms basement... Lol

Nobody wants to do sandals and socks.

Political correctness?

Is Tubman any less important in American History?

Why YES, she's much LESS important than many other Americans...Because you're black, that makes her special...to you!

Less important than the current face of the bill there Corky. Read much?

When was Tubby president, porch monkey?

Is that the qualifier?

No,but as I said, put MLK there, he did MORE for your people than Tubby ever did!

And what did Jackson do?

Why YES, she's much LESS important than many other Americans...Because you're black, that makes her special...to you!

Is that the qualifier?

No,but as I said, put MLK there, he did MORE for your people than Tubby ever did!

Not your choice to make but your suggestion is noted.

View attachment 72182

That's exactly what I do to all your worthless posts!

Is that the qualifier?

And what did Jackson do?

Wikipedia is your friend!:rolleyes:

We put a female injun (and her baby) on our money some time ago. I guess the "tradition" being violated is that of putting a nappy head on our currency, eh?
If you recall, and I seriously doubt that you can, the female and her baby were put on a new issue - not changing a current one.

I don't care what's on what bill... It's just sad to see political correctness take its place in the forefront of American life.
She overcame the obstacles of being a slave, risked her life time after time working the Underground Railroad to free others, and became a Union spy and scout during the Civil War. If she weren't a 'she' and weren't black, Tubman represents all you admire in a human being: overcoming adversity, bravery, military service. What's not to like?
You can't put this one down to political correctness. It's history.

if that were the criteria, we'd have a bill with a picture of Jesus on it. It would seem political correctness prevents that.

What tradition has been sacrificed? Jackson hasn't been on the $20 for 250 years.
Jackson was President from March 4, 1829 to March 4,1837. That means if you subtract from today 2016 the year 1837... you come up with 187 years Dummy! He first appeared on $20 on 1928! GEEZ what an idiot you are to make these gross blatant exaggerations! It's so simple to use the internet! So subtract from 2016 the year 1928 and you get 88 years.
Are you sure you quoted the right post? If you have, it makes no sense!

If you don't like it, rebel. Resist. Don't accept it, draw a moustache on it. Write a racial slur.

The Treasury Department plans to announce Wednesday that the new $20 bill will feature abolitionist Harriet Tubman, replacing former President Andrew Jackson.

A Treasury official confirmed the planned announcement to Fox Business Network. It would make Tubman the first woman on U.S. paper currency in 100 years.

Politico also reported that Alexander Hamilton will remain on the front of the $10 bill, and other design changes are also being rolled out.

The expected announcement from Treasury Secretary Jack Lew follows a heated debate ever since he said last summer the government planned to incorporate a woman on the $10 bill.

Lew's initial announcement set off a firestorm of protests from supporters of Hamilton, the first Treasury secretary. They argued that the founding father had molded the nation's financial architecture and should not be removed from his rightful place on the currency.

In my opinion, federal reserve notes shouldn't have portraits on them in the first place.

And for that matter, there should be no federal reserve.

The tradition of racism.

She's an excellent choice because she personifies the principles this country was founded on as well as the rights guaranteed by the constitution.

That it pisses off the kkk types is a real plus.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Big Meh. Tubman is a pretty amazing woman so I'm glad to see her get her due, but truth be told I'd rather remove portraits from the bills entirely. There's some really cool currency out there with designs I'd rather be moving towards.

Of course all of this is an even bigger moot point as with credit cards, Apple Pay, and Internet shopping the last time I've made a purchase where I actually used a $20 or got one in change back has been a while.

"it was the purpose of the Convention to establish a currency consisting of the precious metals. These, from their peculiar properties which rendered them the standard of value in all other countries, were adopted in this as well to establish its commercial standard in reference to foreign countries by a permanent rule as to exclude the use of a mutable medium of exchange, such as of certain agricultural commodities recognized by the statutes of some States as a tender for debts, or the still more pernicious expedient of a paper currency."
-- Andrew Jackson; from Eighth Annual Message (Dec. 5, 1836)

Forum List

Back