2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon because of Las Vegas shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I disagree with that. . . How would a law like that keep the guns out of the hands of criminals? That's what Taz claims we need to have.
The Second part applies, to advance the Cause of the first part.

Playing devils advocate here. . . what is in that law to keep any one or group of "militia members" from going rogue and from using their guns in a criminal act?
Wellness of regulation. Only well regulated militia may not be Infringed, when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union. Only well regulated militia are authorized, their own colors, standards, guidons and banners.

Everybody should know the pledge of allegiance.

Troll post
dear, You being clueless and Causeless, does not mean I am a troll.

You making troll post means you are a troll.

So you agree that laws can't prevent crimes. That's good.

What do you suppose the purpose of a law is then?
So you agree that laws can't prevent crimes. That's good.

What do you suppose the purpose of a law is then?
So why are you bitching and fighting against the lack of abortion laws if laws don't work?

I asked you what the purpose of a law is.

To know if a law "works" or not, you have to first know what the purpose for that law is. Don't you?
The gun laws we have obviously aren't working. Time for something new.

Give the exact language of a law that would work better.
We, the people, hereby amend the Constitution to revoke and remove the 2nd Amendment in its entirety.

Works for me. :biggrin:

Well that would take away the right to have a militia.

What the fuck will you do about the right of the people to keep and bear arms for reasons other than to form a fucking militia?

So why are you bitching and fighting against the lack of abortion laws if laws don't work?

To know if a law "works" or not, you have to first know what the purpose for that law is. Don't you?

We, the people, hereby amend the Constitution to revoke and remove the 2nd Amendment in its entirety.

What the fuck will you do about the right of the people to keep and bear arms for reasons other than to form a fucking militia?
You already have a militia, it's called the National Guard. Hillbillies with guns isn't a militia.

You already have a militia, it's called the National Guard. Hillbillies with guns isn't a militia.

That doesn't answer the question. Dumbass.

The Second part applies, to advance the Cause of the first part.

Playing devils advocate here. . . what is in that law to keep any one or group of "militia members" from going rogue and from using their guns in a criminal act?
Wellness of regulation. Only well regulated militia may not be Infringed, when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union. Only well regulated militia are authorized, their own colors, standards, guidons and banners.

Troll post

You are a troll post; projecting much, right winger.

Troll post

Projecting?" Surely you jest. I only observed that you made a troll post.

Depends on your definition of militia!

I've said it before, I have no problem with citizens owning hunting guns, or simple hand guns for home defense...

Dumbass. :biggrin:

Thomas Jefferson:
On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit of the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.”

Let's do that:

Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts:Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.” (spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment, I Annals of Congress at 750, August 17, 1789.)

Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts:What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.” Rep. of Massachusetts, I Annals of Congress at 750 (August 17, 1789).

Alexander Hamilton: “…that standing army can never be formidable (threatening) to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in the use of arms.” (Federalist Paper #29)

Alexander Hamilton:Little more can be aimed at with respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped.” (Id) {responding to the claim that the militia itself could threaten liberty}” There is something so far-fetched, and so extravagant in the idea of danger of liberty from the militia that one is at a loss whether to treat it with gravity or raillery (mockery)." (Id)

Alexander Hamilton:The project of disciplining all the militia of the United States is as futile as it would be injurious, if it were capable of being carried into execution. A tolerable expertness in military movements is a business that requires time and practice. It is not a day, or even a week, that will suffice for the attainment of it. To oblige the great body of the yeomanry, and of the other classes of the citizens, to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well-regulated militia, would be a real grievance to the people, and a serious public inconvenience and loss. It would form an annual deduction from the productive labor of the country, to an amount which, calculating upon the present numbers of the people, would not fall far short of the whole expense of the civil establishments of all the States. To attempt a thing which would abridge the mass of labor and industry to so considerable an extent, would be unwise: and the experiment, if made, could not succeed, because it would not long be endured. Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No.2

Patrick Henry:The people have a right to keep and bear arms.” (Elliott, Debates at 185)

Patrick Henry:Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in our possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?", 3 Elliot Debates 168-169.

Patrick Henry:The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” 3 Elliot, Debates at 386.

Thomas Jefferson: And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms… The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”, letter to William S. Smith, 1787, in S. Padover (Ed.), Jefferson, On Democracy (1939), p. 20.

Thomas Jefferson In his Commonplace Book, Jefferson quotes Cesare Beccaria from his seminal work, On Crimes and Punishment: “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

To the liberals, George Washington warned:

"But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed."

Those trying to reinvent the wheel on this issue. are trying to destroy America.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

The meaning of the militia was defined by the founding fathers as was the intent of guaranteeing (NOT GRANTING) the Right to keep and bear Arms.

Thomas Jefferson:
On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit of the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.”

Let's do that:

Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts:Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.” (spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment, I Annals of Congress at 750, August 17, 1789.)

Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts:What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.” Rep. of Massachusetts, I Annals of Congress at 750 (August 17, 1789).

Alexander Hamilton: “…that standing army can never be formidable (threatening) to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in the use of arms.” (Federalist Paper #29)

Alexander Hamilton:Little more can be aimed at with respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped.” (Id) {responding to the claim that the militia itself could threaten liberty}” There is something so far-fetched, and so extravagant in the idea of danger of liberty from the militia that one is at a loss whether to treat it with gravity or raillery (mockery)." (Id)

Alexander Hamilton:The project of disciplining all the militia of the United States is as futile as it would be injurious, if it were capable of being carried into execution. A tolerable expertness in military movements is a business that requires time and practice. It is not a day, or even a week, that will suffice for the attainment of it. To oblige the great body of the yeomanry, and of the other classes of the citizens, to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well-regulated militia, would be a real grievance to the people, and a serious public inconvenience and loss. It would form an annual deduction from the productive labor of the country, to an amount which, calculating upon the present numbers of the people, would not fall far short of the whole expense of the civil establishments of all the States. To attempt a thing which would abridge the mass of labor and industry to so considerable an extent, would be unwise: and the experiment, if made, could not succeed, because it would not long be endured. Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No.2

Patrick Henry:The people have a right to keep and bear arms.” (Elliott, Debates at 185)

Patrick Henry:Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in our possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?", 3 Elliot Debates 168-169.

Patrick Henry:The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” 3 Elliot, Debates at 386.

Thomas Jefferson: And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms… The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”, letter to William S. Smith, 1787, in S. Padover (Ed.), Jefferson, On Democracy (1939), p. 20.

Thomas Jefferson In his Commonplace Book, Jefferson quotes Cesare Beccaria from his seminal work, On Crimes and Punishment: “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

To the liberals, George Washington warned:

"But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed."

Those trying to reinvent the wheel on this issue. are trying to destroy America.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

The meaning of the militia was defined by the founding fathers as was the intent of guaranteeing (NOT GRANTING) the Right to keep and bear Arms.
Well sorta blows holes all over the lefties position!

I've said it before, I have no problem with citizens owning hunting guns, or simple hand guns for home defense...

Dumbass. :biggrin:

It wouldn't matter if you did.

Troll post

Nope, not projecting and not a right winger.

The militia is comprised of every able bodied person.

I am a militia of one with the sole charge of defending my wife and property

We as a nation should not accept any Democratic attempt to infringe on our second amendment rights, by the likes of a Diane Feinstein or any other democratic politician, because of the Las Vegas shooter.
Why not? If what happened in Las Vegas dosen't show why we need to repeal the second amendment, you are a lost soul.

Then you need to buy a dictionary.

really?

Militia - New World Encyclopedia

There is no minimum size to militia, and a solitary act of defense, including self-defense, can be thought of as one person calling up himself to defend the community, represented by himself or others, and to enforce the law. An example of this type of action is found in the citizen's arrest.

really?

There is no minimum size to militia, and a solitary act of defense, including self-defense, can be thought of as one person calling up himself to defend the community, represented by himself or others, and to enforce the law. An example of this type of action is found in the citizen's arrest.
I've said it before, a hillbilly with a gun isn't a militia.

really?

I'm not a hillbilly.

A person acting in self defense can be thought of as a militia.

Unlike you I won't abdicate the responsibility of protecting my home and wife to the government.

really?

I'm not a hillbilly.

A person acting in self defense can be thought of as a militia.

Unlike you I won't abdicate the responsibility of protecting my home and wife to the government.
I have no problem with you protecting your home, but your militia is the National Guard.

Troll post

Projecting?" Surely you jest. I only observed that you made a troll post.
It was projection; I have a valid point, You have nothing but the repeal of rejection, not refutation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back