2nd Healthcare Worker Infected With Ebola; Takes Commercial Flight With 99.5 Fever

Should the US Immediately Ban All Peoples With VISAs Showing They Have Been In Affected Countries?

• Yes, ABSOLUTELY. Right now.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Maybe, but we should just wait and see.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it won't help really.

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Well the dangerous & stupid continues... Oh a perfect system is good until you involve human beings..

They didn't even want to release her name. But thankfully political-correctness was suspended in order to potentially save more lives.

I submit that dumb dirt farmers should take over the controls at the CDC regarding ebola Ebola Containment In The Us Your Thoughts Ideas Page 8 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
The second health-care worker diagnosed with Ebola had a fever of 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit before boarding a passenger jet on Monday, a day before she reported symptoms of the virus and was tested, according to public health officials.
Even though there appeared to be little risk for the other people on that flight, she should not have traveled that way, Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said during a news conference Wednesday.
“She should not have flown on a commercial airline,” Frieden said. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/10/15/ebola-stricken-nurse-flew-on-a-passenger-plane-a-day-before-being-diagnosed/ [/quote]

The health-care worker was not named by public health officials, but a spokesman for Cleveland identified her Amber Vinson. Family members told Reuters and the Dallas Morning News that Vinson is a nurse at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in a few weeks when ebola isn't in the news any more. Just the latest media generated fearfest like what led to companies selling parachutes after 9/11 for use escaping buildings.
Hey ... this might be the second time we agreed on something. It's 100% fear mongering. With it comes great television ratings with an ignorant, captivated audience.

Well the dangerous & stupid continues... Oh a perfect system is good until you involve human beings..

They didn't even want to release her name. But thankfully political-correctness was suspended in order to potentially save more lives.

I submit that dumb dirt farmers should take over the controls at the CDC regarding ebola Ebola Containment In The Us Your Thoughts Ideas Page 8 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
The second health-care worker diagnosed with Ebola had a fever of 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit before boarding a passenger jet on Monday, a day before she reported symptoms of the virus and was tested, according to public health officials.
Even though there appeared to be little risk for the other people on that flight, she should not have traveled that way, Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said during a news conference Wednesday.
“She should not have flown on a commercial airline,” Frieden said. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/10/15/ebola-stricken-nurse-flew-on-a-passenger-plane-a-day-before-being-diagnosed/ [/quote]

The health-care worker was not named by public health officials, but a spokesman for Cleveland identified her Amber Vinson. Family members told Reuters and the Dallas Morning News that Vinson is a nurse at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

We spend more time banning fruits and vegetables from other countries than diseased visitors. Which is more dangerous? But, as usual, our current administration has it all backwards and upside down. Ours is the most mentally challenges Prez this nation has ever had to endure.
An apples and oranges comparison

And then this.... More common sense here than in the entire regime...

ST. LUCIA: NO VISITORS FROM EBOLA-STRICKEN NATIONS

AP ^

KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) -- The prime minister of the Caribbean island of St. Lucia has given an order to bar entry to anyone coming from three West African nations struggling with Ebola epidemics. Prime Minister Kenny Anthony announced Wednesday that visitors from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone may not enter St. Lucia until further notice. Anthony says the travel ban is necessary because St. Lucia is a poor, small country that does not have the capacity "to manage any crisis that lands on our doorstep."
The US is certainly better able to handle the problem than St. Lucia. About 150 visitors from the west African countries enter the US each day. I would think customs and the CDC should be able to handle that since they are now doing temperature checks, questionnaires and tracking. If that doesn't work, they could quarantine them for 21 days.

Last edited:

AP ^

KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) -- The prime minister of the Caribbean island of St. Lucia has given an order to bar entry to anyone coming from three West African nations struggling with Ebola epidemics. Prime Minister Kenny Anthony announced Wednesday that visitors from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone may not enter St. Lucia until further notice. Anthony says the travel ban is necessary because St. Lucia is a poor, small country that does not have the capacity "to manage any crisis that lands on our doorstep."
The US is certainly better able to handle the problem than St. Lucia. About 150 visitors from the west African countries enter the US each day. I would think customs and the CDC should be able to handle that since they are now doing temperature checks, questionnaires and tracking. If that doesn't work, they could quarantine them for 21 days.

Where did you hear that this country is better able to handle the problem? The CDC? The government tell you that? Did BSNBC tell you that?

This country has NEVER DEALT WITH EBOLA on this soil. Ever. There are only FOUR HOSPITALS that have the capability to have the proper isolation that is adequate. That is the truth. You have no examples where you can make your assumptions.

ONE FUCKING GUY brought it here, and that ONE guy has showed that our hospitals are in fact not adequately prepared to deal with this. WE HAVE NO CASE STUDY of Ebola being in this country and so everything you say is not based on anything other than you what you hear from the CDC, who has been proven WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING HE HAS HAS SAID.

Meanwhile there is a long list of countries that are banning all flights and travel into their countries from that region. Are they all fucking stupid? You think the health minister in England or France are morons?

One fucking guy brought it here, and there is a very real strong possibility of an outbreak from that ONE GUY. Yet, you have the audacity to go on and on as though you are the smart one?

Take your government rhetoric, roll it into a tight little wad and shove it up your ass.

Why the fuck don't liberals EVER display any common sense? They cannot even react to the evidence in front of their fucking face. Can you believe it? One person comes in from the region that they say should not be banned, and that one person has caused an actual potential outbreak and they stick with their shit, and then act like condescending pricks while they do it.

Is it possible for me to hate liberals more than I already do? Apparently so.

Last edited:
So, what do the people do that are taking temperatures of people coming from west Africa if there is a fever? Do they then make sure they quarantine ALL of the passengers from the flight? How do they track them down?

Do they get quarantined? What the fuck is the protocol? How do they deal with it, if they see a fever? That means that person shared a plane with hundreds of passengers for 5 or 7 hours. Also, the fucking disease stays dormant for 21 days (btw that number is reportedly 45 days in 5% of the cases). Yeah, the 45 days study is something else you will not hear from BSNBC as they go on with their racist claims.

Now watch the liberals eye roll at me as they say I am overreacting as they maintain the ice caps are melting from a fictional global warming.

They think they are the smart ones too.

Well, tell us what these health workers do if they read a fever with these thermometers. Go ahead and explain to us what good it is if the disease stays dormant for 21 days? Let me spell out what that means. That means there is a distinct possibility that someone who is carrying Ebola gets past our iron wall of thermometers because they are not showing signs of the FUCKING DISEASE!

Why is France and England banning all travel from that region? Are they the stupid ones?

You all see what is happening with ONE person bringing it here? Now imagine if 100 infected people bring it here. Oh never mind. The liberals are the smart ones, and these common sense questions are all from knuckle dragging right winger.

AP ^

Do you trust the CDC now? Do they really know what they're talking about. I think they are more of a political lackey type organization after what I've been reading as of late. They seem to have been wrong about . . . everything about this Ebola virus.

I can understand not wanting to cause fear and panic, but they are putting citizens' health at risk. I don't see ANY justification for that.

Looks like it's time to ban flights in and out of Texas.

That place is definitely an effected region.

...and here's why;

Dallas County Health and Human Services Director Zachary Thompson

Thompson.Zachary.headshot-200x300.jpg

affirmative action, leftist obama supporter in charge of Dallas County Health and Human Services.

AP ^

Where did you hear that this country is better able to handle the problem? The CDC? The government tell you that? Did BSNBC tell you that?

This country has NEVER DEALT WITH EBOLA on this soil. Ever. There are only FOUR HOSPITALS that have the capability to have the proper isolation that is adequate. That is the truth. You have no examples where you can make your assumptions.

ONE FUCKING GUY brought it here, and that ONE guy has showed that our hospitals are in fact not adequately prepared to deal with this. WE HAVE NO CASE STUDY of Ebola being in this country and so everything you say is not based on anything other than you what you hear from the CDC, who has been proven WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING HE HAS HAS SAID.

Meanwhile there is a long list of countries that are banning all flights and travel into their countries from that region. Are they all fucking stupid? You think the health minister in England or France are morons?

One fucking guy brought it here, and there is a very real strong possibility of an outbreak from that ONE GUY. Yet, you have the audacity to go on and on as though you are the smart one?

Take your government rhetoric, roll it into a tight little wad and shove it up your ass.

Why the fuck don't liberals EVER display any common sense? They cannot even react to the evidence in front of their fucking face. Can you believe it? One person comes in from the region that they say should not be banned, and that one person has caused an actual potential outbreak and they stick with their shit, and then act like condescending pricks while they do it.

Gee, another conservative calling for more government regulation!

AP ^

Gee, another conservative calling for more government regulation!

Here's 2 more gvmt regulations we're in favor of;

Close the border.

Deport illegals.

The moron NY cabineer thinks national security should not be the concern of the government.

Liberals are such a scourge on humanity.

She treated Duncan, had a fever of 99.5, contacted the CDC before she flew, they said no problem, go fly.

Government run healthcare .... what did you expect?

CDC Ebola Patient Traveled By Air With 8220 Low-Grade 8221 Fever CBS Dallas Fort Worth

She said she contacted the CDC. Who did she talk with?

She said she contacted the CDC. Who did she talk with?

Who did she speak with? What difference, at this point, does that make? The CDC told her to get on the plane. Clearly, they are idiots and don't have a fucking clue.

"But the CDC has now confirmed that it gave Amber Vinson permission to return to Dallas by air after making a trip to Ohio."

Ebola nurse got CDC OK for airline ride

We don't have government run healthcare, quit lying.

Maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow, but someday soon and for the rest of your life. obama and other Dems have stated over and over they want single payer, go google it, true story. Government will BE the deciding factor. You wanted it, you voted for it, here's a taste of what it will be like. So stop your bellyaching and suck it up, buttercup.

Hey ... this might be the second time we agreed on something. It's 100% fear mongering. With it comes great television ratings with an ignorant, captivated audience.

Unless you're my age or older and know people who had polio and who had grandparents who told you how they or their neighbors had to bury most of their children from untreatable diseases before they invented antibiotics to fight them.

Or like me, you buried your flock of chickens and half your goats one week because I foolishly thought "just one sick patient" I could tend to.

They're cute when they're young..they think they know so much...LMAO...
Yes, it's frightening seeing both sides of the aisle pandering to these young whippersnappers. As if they are oracles of the most sublime wisdom.

Wisdom comes from experience and experience comes with time on this planet. Sorry kids [that's all y'all under 40]. Of all the people on this earth I was the most hard-headed sure I was the paragon of wisdom...had the edge on my elders...no doubt about it... Until time and endless waves of getting T-boned by hard twists of fate slapped me back to my senses. There have been more tidal waves crashed against these ramparts than I care to talk about.

THAT and nothing else makes you fit to lead others in times of peril. Time. And most of today's registered voters simply don't have enough of it under their belt to be the dominant voice in setting crucial policy.

Even the older crowd has been swept up in this neo-youth movement. ..as if acting on impulse and poor planning is some brownie badge you wear at a cocktail party. It makes me shudder to think of these young and young-worshipping idiots being at the controls at a time like this.

Ebola is going to be one of those tidal waves that these ramparts may not be able to resist if we don't get to fortifying them...like yesterday might be too late...

AP ^

St. Lucia is an island resort community of a 165,000. The equivalent of our CDC is the health dept. There are only two hospitals. One had a fire and is operating out of a local sports stadium. Most serious cases are Medevaced off the island.

There have been 8 cases of Ebola treated in the US in 2014. All but one were healthcare workers treating the disease and only one has died. Treating this as some kind of national emergency at this point is ridiculous as would banning of travel from West African countries to the US.

The medical facilities in the US are among the best in the world for dealing with this problem. Medical care is not and will never be an exact science. Healthcare workers and administrators make mistakes because there're human, to expect otherwise is unrealistic.

So liberals are now responsibility for the spread of Ebola. Rave on.

Last edited:

AP ^

St. Lucia is an island resort community of a 165,000. The equivalent of our CDC is the health dept. There are only two hospitals. One had a fire and is operating out of a local sports stadium. Most serious cases are Medevaced off the island.

There have been 8 cases of Ebola treated in the US in 2014. All but one were healthcare workers treating the disease and only one has died. Treating this as some kind of national emergency at this point is ridiculous as would banning of travel from West African countries to the US.

The medical facilities in the US are among the best in the world for dealing with this problem. Medical care is not and will never be an exact science. Healthcare workers and administrators make mistakes because there're human, to expect otherwise is unrealistic.

So liberals are now responsibility for the spread of Ebola. Rave on.

Right, sit back, it's nothing to worry about.....expected 1.2 MILLION cases of OBOLA in Africa by the new year.... BUT we have nothing to worry about, when we do, I'm sure the government and the CDC will be right out front with the public.... sort of like telling us Benghazi was all due to a video!

193033.jpg

Forum List

Back