3 dogs killed, 15 injured in break-in at Macon animal rescue Read more here: http://

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
3 dogs killed, 15 injured in break-in at Macon animal rescue | Crime | Macon.com

A special circle of hell is reserved for assholes such as these.

Crawford said volunteers arrived about 8 a.m. Thursday to find several cages open and several other breeds of dogs with multiple bite marks. Amanda Reed, one of the volunteers, said at least one of the dogs, a female pit bull, was found with serious wounds that didn’t appear to have been caused by other animals.

One of her wounds was not jagged, but instead was a deep, straight cut across the front of her body that left the dog fighting for her life.

“All down her legs are straight-line slices,” Reed said. “These are clean cuts. ... It’s really bad.”

/snip

“How human beings can do this, I don’t understand it,” Jones said. “These are docile and sweet animals, and for them to be subjected to this kind of violence is unconscionable. ... It’s a sad day for the animals, a sad day for those of us who love them, and it’s a sad day to be once again faced with the reality of how evil some people can be.”

Beyond those with visible injuries are other dogs that witnessed something violent between late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.

“There are dogs here that don’t have wounds but are in shock,” Reed said. “They just shake and hide in their doghouses. We don’t know what happened here last night.”

WHY? what is the purpose in breaking in the shelter and in killing the dogs?
not that it will justify it, but at least can give an idea who the perpetrators might be.

Seems probable that they were being used as free bait for dog fight training.

Will add more if any perpetrators are found - not likely, since no cameras.

:(

and nobody heard anything?

if that was a "training" there should have been unusual level of noise...

No staff, no cameras. No security.

Carolyn Yager and other volunteers said there was a huge outpouring of donations Friday to All About Animals. People have dropped off food, medical supplies, blankets, bedding and chew toys, among other items.

Meanwhile, several Macon-area security companies stepped up to offer a free security system for the facility, which had no surveillance in place when the break-in happened. In addition, two people volunteered to each pay for a year of the monthly security bills.

Others helped out Friday by washing and walking the dogs, which Yager said was “extremely helpful.”

Crawford said the rescue group has received at least $2,000 in cash donations, as well as offers to pay for the dogs’ medical bills and boarding. Some people have donated new locks for the facility, she said.

Read more here: After gruesome fight, midstate residents rally around Macon animal rescue group | Crime | Macon.com

That's what I'd do if I lived there. I wanted to go on hug patrol when I read the story.

No staff, no cameras. No security.

well, then somebody knew that, because it is unusual - and that narrows the possible circle of the perpetrators.

Carolyn Yager and other volunteers said there was a huge outpouring of donations Friday to All About Animals. People have dropped off food, medical supplies, blankets, bedding and chew toys, among other items.

Meanwhile, several Macon-area security companies stepped up to offer a free security system for the facility, which had no surveillance in place when the break-in happened. In addition, two people volunteered to each pay for a year of the monthly security bills.

Others helped out Friday by washing and walking the dogs, which Yager said was “extremely helpful.”

Crawford said the rescue group has received at least $2,000 in cash donations, as well as offers to pay for the dogs’ medical bills and boarding. Some people have donated new locks for the facility, she said.

Read more here: After gruesome fight, midstate residents rally around Macon animal rescue group | Crime | Macon.com

That's what I'd do if I lived there. I wanted to go on hug patrol when I read the story.
:clap2:

Gee, dog fighting in Georgia, I wonder what race these criminals might be?

Just sayin

I don't really know how to respond to the dumps you take in various and sundry threads, so I'm just going to pretend I'm at PetSmart, and step around it.

I just thought you would not be so upset about this crime if it was done by minorities

No, Tank. I become no less upset when dogs are tortured and killed, depending on who did it.

Forum List

Back