🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

3 leftist "judges" declare NC voter id law "racist", even when FREE ID's were being given

We are talking N Carolina here

If a poor black person has family that has resided in the state for generations and has been voting for decades.

Why do Republicans want to make sure he is not an illegal Mexican?
What are you protecting against in demanding a state ID?
So why is that any kind of a hardship? Is it harder then getting a drivers license? Is it harder then paying taxes or getting a welfare check? Is it any worse then being part of the current census?
Of course it would make it harder for out of staters to vote or the dead being able to vote.

North Carolina appeals court halts voter ID law

Trying to insure leftists win in NC this year obviously. I had to use ID when I voted in 2016 when I lived in NC. Funny when my license was suspended MANY years ago I managed somehow to scrounge up 5$ for a state ID to vote. I guess blacks are that incapable of doing so eh lefties?

The Republican-backed bill passed almost entirely along party lines, and Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper vetoed it, to no avail. One black Democrat, former Charlotte Sen. Joel Ford, co-sponsored the bill and voted to overturn Cooper’s veto.

Last month, Ford told the News & Observer: “My motivation was the pure protection of the vote and to help people who did not have an ID secure one.”

In the wake of Tuesday’s ruling, Republicans have pointed to Ford’s support of the law as evidence that it couldn’t have been racist. Many have also echoed Ford’s point about helping people get IDs. Before the law was blocked in federal court, local boards of election were giving out free ID cards to people who asked for them.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article240387671.html#storylink=cpy

Ugh obviously blacks don't know how to ask for a free ID either eh lefties? Jesus can you show your disdain for blacks any more than that!?

The court’s ruling was unanimous, with judges Toby Hampson, Allegra Collins and John Arrowood all signing on. All three are Democrats.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article240387671.html#storylink=cpy

Ah what a surprise!
How about we do this...

When 99 percent of the people in NC have IDs, we can require it to vote.
They were LITERALLY giving people ID's for FREE if they asked for them! If they didn't get one they obviously didn't want to vote.

Really?

They didn’t ask for any documentation to support it?
Article didn't say they did. More than likely can bring a utility bill or birth certificate or something with your name on it. Social Security card etc.

Trying to insure leftists win in NC this year obviously. I had to use ID when I voted in 2016 when I lived in NC. Funny when my license was suspended MANY years ago I managed somehow to scrounge up 5$ for a state ID to vote. I guess blacks are that incapable of doing so eh lefties?

The Republican-backed bill passed almost entirely along party lines, and Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper vetoed it, to no avail. One black Democrat, former Charlotte Sen. Joel Ford, co-sponsored the bill and voted to overturn Cooper’s veto.

Last month, Ford told the News & Observer: “My motivation was the pure protection of the vote and to help people who did not have an ID secure one.”

In the wake of Tuesday’s ruling, Republicans have pointed to Ford’s support of the law as evidence that it couldn’t have been racist. Many have also echoed Ford’s point about helping people get IDs. Before the law was blocked in federal court, local boards of election were giving out free ID cards to people who asked for them.

Ugh obviously blacks don't know how to ask for a free ID either eh lefties? Jesus can you show your disdain for blacks any more than that!?

The court’s ruling was unanimous, with judges Toby Hampson, Allegra Collins and John Arrowood all signing on. All three are Democrats.

Ah what a surprise!
How about we do this...

Who would not have ID's of any type?

Let’s cut the bullshit. Voter ID protest is not about helping Blacks. It’s about facilitating illegal votes from non-citizens.

That conspiracy theory makes no sense. You still have to be a legal voter to vote. An illegal voter with a state ID still can't vote.

While “[p]roof of racially discriminatory intent or purpose is required to show a violation of the Equal Protection Clause,” Arlington Heights, 429 U.S. at 265, rare is the modern case in which the government has been candid about its discriminatory motives. See Hunt v. Cromartie, 526 U.S. 541, 553 (1999) (“Outright admissions of impermissible racial motivation are infrequent.”); Johnson v. De Grandy, 512 U.S. 997, 1018 (1994) (acknowledging the shift away from “direct, overt impediments” toward“more sophisticated devices that dilute minority voting strength”). Thus, when evaluating a discriminatory intent claim, a court must dig deeper and make a “sensitive inquiry into such circumstantial and direct evidence of intent as may be available.” Arlington Heights, 429 U.S. at 266.

In Arlington Heights, the Supreme Court set forth a non-exhaustive list of factors to guide this delicate investigation. Reviewing courts should consider: (1) the law’s historical background; (2) the specific sequence of events leading up to the law’s enactment, including any departures from normal legislative procedure; (3) the law’s legislative and administrative history; and (4) whether the law’s effect “bears more heavily on one race than another.” Id. at 266–68. The Court further cautioned that, because legislative bodies are “[r]arely . . . motivated solely by a single concern,” a challenger need only demonstrate that “invidious discriminatory purpose was a motivating factor.” Id. at 265–66 (emphasis added). “[T]he ultimate question,” then, is whether a law was enacted “because of,” and not “in spite of,” the discriminatory effect it would likely produce. McCrory , 831 F.3d at 220 (quoting Pers. Adm’r of Mass. v. Feeney, 442 U.S. 256, 279 (1979)).

So, using the Arlington Heights factors, a reasonable court should conclude what?

1. The law's historical background is WHAT? How is that relevant here? The Court points to GERRYMANDERING!!!! :laughing0301:

WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING HORSESHIT!!!

2. specific sequence of events leading up to the law’s enactment ? NO IRREGULARITIES

3. the law’s legislative and administrative history ?

Republican legislative leaders strongly disagreed with the Fourth Circuit’s decision in McCrory. Immediately after the court’s ruling was announced, Senate Leader Phil Berger and House Speaker Tim Moore issued a statement criticizing it as a decision “by three partisan Democrats” with “the intent to reopen the door to voter fraud.” (See ECF No. 91-1 at 14 – 15.) Speaker Moore would later opine that the Fourth Circuit “has a more liberal political bent [and] acted outside of what has been upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in similar matters.” (Id. at 15.) And in expressing his support for a constitutional amendment, Representative David Lewis, Chair of the House Committee on Elections, explained that “[t]he reason we are asking voters if they want to do this or not is, frankly, we think we passed a good law before.” (Id. )
So, disagreeing with the bullshit ruling of the opposition's judges is grounds to call the law discriminatory? Discrimination against Democrats?
:laughing0301:

Second, Republican lawmakers remained “a hundred percent committed to the idea of voter ID” after McCrory and set out to craft a new bill which would “mute future court challenges.” (Id. at 16 (quoting Rep. Lewis).) The choice to put a voter-ID amendment before the public appears to have been motivated, at least in part, by a desire to insulate the future S.B. 824 from “inevitable [legal] challenges that will come from the left.” (Id.) In floor debate, for example, Representative John Blust expressed his belief that a constitutional amendment was needed “so that the North Carolina Supreme Court can’t simply get rid of it by saying‘Oh, the legislature just added an additional qualification to vote.’” (Id.)
So, trying to make a law meet constitutional muster IS NOW DISCRIMINATORY??? WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!

Third, the legislative history suggests that lawmakers’ positions remained virtually unchanged between the time McCrory was issued and the time S.B. 824 was finalized.
So, because they still believed that a voter ID law was needed to stop voter fraud, there MUST be descrimination, RIGHT???

THIS IS COCKSUCKING BULLSHIT, DEMOCRATS!!! YOU ARE FUCKING CHEATING AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!

4. whether the challenged law “bears more heavily on one race than another.”

In McCrory, the Fourth Circuit concluded that African Americans disproportionately lacked the kinds of photo ID required by H.B. 589. 831 F.3d at 231. This discrepancy was sufficient to establish a disparate impact for the purposes of an Arlington Heights analysis — not just for its standalone effect, but also for its contribution to the greater, cumulative disenfranchisement worked by H.B. 589’s various restrictions.
So, Democrats are saying one of the following:
(1) that Black people are too stupid to get a proper photo ID,
(2) that Black people should be allowed to vote more than once without the need to prove who they are, or
(3) Mexican nationals who have no voting rights in the U.S. should get to help Democrats cheat.

YOU CANNOT DENY THE BULLSHIT NATURE OF THIS RULING and this is not even the half of it!!!

If a poor black person has family that has resided in the state for generations and has been voting for decades.

Why do you think blacks are inferior?

Let’s cut the bullshit. Voter ID protest is not about helping Blacks. It’s about facilitating illegal votes from non-citizens.

That conspiracy theory makes no sense. You still have to be a legal voter to vote. An illegal voter with a state ID still can't vote.
If you really believe that "conspiracy theory" makes no sense, I have a fucking bridge to sell you. You are either a fucking idiot or FULL OF SHIT!!!!

Which is it?

Ah what a surprise!
How about we do this...

They were LITERALLY giving people ID's for FREE if they asked for them! If they didn't get one they obviously didn't want to vote.

Really?

Article didn't say they did. More than likely can bring a utility bill or birth certificate or something with your name on it. Social Security card etc.

Rightwinger thinks blacks are too dumb to have any of those things.

So why is that any kind of a hardship? Is it harder then getting a drivers license? Is it harder then paying taxes or getting a welfare check? Is it any worse then being part of the current census?
Of course it would make it harder for out of staters to vote or the dead being able to vote.
Many people do not have a pure chain of documentation in their lives. Sketchy birth certificate, breakdown of family, adoptions, marriages. All can be grounds for denying a state ID

Let me ask you something honestly.

If a poor black woman in her 40s has lived in a community her whole life, her parents lived there, she went to school there. But her birth documentation is screwed up through no fault of her own

Should she be denied a vote?
Do you honestly believe she may be an illegal alien?

Ah what a surprise!
How about we do this...

Really?

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Many people do not have a pure chain of documentation in their lives. Sketchy birth certificate, breakdown of family, adoptions, marriages. All can be grounds for denying a state ID
Yeah. Those people are usually called illegals and they are from south of the border.
:dunno:

If a poor black woman in her 40s has lived in a community her whole life, her parents lived there, she went to school there. But her birth documentation is screwed up through no fault of her own
That is something that can easily be fixed with testimony from other individuals and some sort of paper trail. THERE IS A PROCESS FOR CORRECTING THAT SHIT and it shouldn't linger for DECADES!!!! It's a temporary problem. Fix it and you can vote. Pretty simple.

Why is it that you think the only mistakes on documentation happens to blacks?

Do you have any data on how frequent these mistakes are? No? Ok, just you talking out of your racist ass.

Yep. Better her vote not count than others be disenfranchised by allowing illegal votes to count.

How about we do this...

Really?

Good thing you don't, that makes me right.

So you are claiming that getting a free voter ID is cheating? Just exactly what in your deranged imagination means it is cheating? The fact that the dead or out of state voters won't be allowed one? Or perhaps democrat voters really are too stupid to understand how to obtain one?
No, they want to cheat. They are fucking cheaters. By any means necessary.

If you really believe that "conspiracy theory" makes no sense, I have a fucking bridge to sell you. You are either a fucking idiot or FULL OF SHIT!!!!

If your conspiracy theory is true, then scads of illegals should have been caught voting illegally with these state IDs. After all, every Republican in the nation is looking for them.

What's that? There aren't any? Your conspiracy theory is debunked by reality?

Go on. We can use a laugh. Tell us how all these illegals are voting illegally and yet are not getting caught by the Republicans going over the voting records in detail.

Ah what a surprise!
How about we do this...

You are suppose to have an Id to do anything else. Why do you think blacks aren't capable to get an id?

Another example of Dimwinger racism. They all believe blacks are so inferior they are unable to obtain an ID, even when provided to them for free.

Doesn't get any more blatant than that.
Some don’t have the supporting information to obtain an official ID. That is where the Republican plan is so insidious.

Fist you demand an ID, then make it harder and harder to have the proper documentation

Sorry, there is a spelling error on your birth certificate. We can’t accept it.

When you say some don’t have the supporting information, can you site one case where a person sought to get a State ID and has since been permanently denied?

If requiring a State issued ID were so racist, where are these Blacks being denied access to government buildings, prescriptions, mortgages, travel and any other service that requires State Issued ID? How come these same people crying racism over the prospect of Voter ID are not banging on these other institutions that already require it?

What would make you think this person is ineligible to vote?
If it is so simple to get a state issued ID, why aren’t you knocking on doors and issuing them on the spot?

Nothing makes me think they are or they are not. I am asking them to validate who they say they are just like every other institution I mentioned. Further, define your vision of “simplicity” when it comes to getting ID. How simple should it be? You mean like me walking into DC Motor Vehicles telling them I am Eric Holder and them issuing me an ID? That simple?

Why is it that you think the only mistakes on documentation happens to blacks?

Do you have any data on how frequent these mistakes are? No? Ok, just you talking out of your racist ass.

Forum List

Back