3 mass shooting, three semi automtic rifles

Perhaps it wouldn't HAVE to be about "all" gun owners if gun owners were willing to have more regulation around who can own a gun, etc. I really like the sound of the recent law in California that allows law enforcement to take a person's guns temporarily for good cause and then it is adjudicated by a judge. That law nationwide might have prevented two of the shootings we've recently had.
LOL! You just said you want the government to take peoples guns. Someone tries to take mine and if I can I'll shoot at least one of them.
Your life must not be worth much. Die for an inanimate object? Sad.
Better than being on my knees like you coward.

You are the coward hiding behind your guns while women and children die.
Got a link to that liar? Where did I hide, when, with what gun while who was murdered?

Every mass shooting. You ensure guns are easy for them to get.

It's not about you; it's about the type of gun and the damage it can do. To me it is a form of risk reduction. Nothing is perfect and I'm not saying you did anything wrong.
You people make it about ALL gun owners.

The current thinking is one person kills with a gun then we have to do something to ALL gun owners .

If that's the way you want to live then be consistent and apply that "logic" to all laws
Perhaps it wouldn't HAVE to be about "all" gun owners if gun owners were willing to have more regulation around who can own a gun, etc. I really like the sound of the recent law in California that allows law enforcement to take a person's guns temporarily for good cause and then it is adjudicated by a judge. That law nationwide might have prevented two of the shootings we've recently had.
again, we're asking what it is you want.
A ban on semiautomatic rifles. Limited size magazines for handguns. More accurate reporting of arrests to the federal data bank that does background checks on gun purchases. The ability of law enforcement to confiscate an individual's weapons temporarily, pending a speedy hearing, if the individual is acting erratic and homicidal or making threats on people's lives.

No ban has ever worked yet so what makes you think they will all of sudden magically work now?
It's reduction, not magic fairy dust. And it works EVERYWHERE it is used.

OK, good job whackos

We got the truck argument.

We got the definition of assault rifle argument

We got the good guy with a gun argument

We got input from the Limbaugh dittoheads

I know you can do better.

They keep saying the same BS while the corpses pile up. Meanwhile the only proven solution is gun control.

Show us a single country where a gun ban has worked.
Try every single industrialized country in the world. Not bans, necessarily, but strict gun control. They are not dying by the gazillions from shooting each other.
They don't have all our doped up democrats being fueled and fanned by media bastards.

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Have two, 4 times as as crazy. Have 4, 16 times as crazy.

Next, add another factor of ten for every piece of "tactical gear" they own.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

This last asshole was on bail for assault with a deadly weapon and the weapon itself and the magazines were ALREADY illegal. The next door neighbor had a restraining order that did fuckall to protect her as she was the second person this asshole murdered, so, yet again....How'd that gun ban work out?

The law won't stop every one, but does lower the them. It would work better if list were public on smart phones like the sex offenders registry so people could keep an eye on them.

No it doesn't. The only people who follow gun bans are those who follow the law. Criminals don't. That's why they're called criminals.

Did I ever say to ban good law abiding citizens or create any regulations to trip them up & take their guns? - No!

I only want restrictions on bad guys, mentally ill. suicidal, drug users, violent abusers.

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Have two, 4 times as as crazy. Have 4, 16 times as crazy.

Next, add another factor of ten for every piece of "tactical gear" they own.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

I thought you said they were semi-automatics. If that is the case, they are not an assault rifle. I think like most gun grabbers, you are hopelessly confused.

They sure killed a lot of people fast.
So do rental trucks
And everyone realizes that rental trucks are designed exclusively to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible. Unlike assault rifles which are, as every gun lover knows, a benign inanimate object incapable of killing anyone without a Muslim at the trigger.

Lefties who never set foot in the field often rely on political dogma and left wing blogs to frame their pathetic argument rather than reality. They are quick to call law abiding hunters "pathetic" if they have a quick second shot in a semi-automatic rifle to kill an animal rather than letting it run off and bleed to death. It really gets crazy when the anti-gun left presumes to judge the right of a law abiding citizen to use the same semi-auto rifle as a home defense weapon.
I get it. You feel sorry for the animal you just made a bad shot on.

OK, good job whackos

They keep saying the same BS while the corpses pile up. Meanwhile the only proven solution is gun control.

Try every single industrialized country in the world. Not bans, necessarily, but strict gun control. They are not dying by the gazillions from shooting each other.
you know who had the strictest gun control in the country? Chicago. Duh
Too bad the states around them don't. Ask a Chicago cop where the illegal guns are coming from. He'll tell you.
what's that have to do with anything? the fact is the city of chicago once had the strictest gun laws and the most violence with guns. The law abiding citizen couldn't even buy a gun. It had to go to court to get that changed. so your comeback is weak. New York has other states with weaker laws and didn't end up like chicago. so, the statistics don't back your theory. try again.

People really need to learn the difference between an assault rifle and semi automatic.
Assault rifles are machine guns and military weapons, aren't they? Which are already 99% illegal in this country. Yes, yes, you can own an antique machine gun after jumping through a million hoops, as one of our posters here likes to point out.

Semiautomatics were designed to mimic the military weapons, and they fire a lot of bullets way faster than any civilian needs.

Lefties who never set foot in the field often rely on political dogma and left wing blogs to frame their pathetic argument rather than reality. They are quick to call law abiding hunters "pathetic" if they have a quick second shot in a semi-automatic rifle to kill an animal rather than letting it run off and bleed to death. It really gets crazy when the anti-gun left presumes to judge the right of a law abiding citizen to use the same semi-auto rifle as a home defense weapon.
so are you in favor of stricter sentences for using guns in a crime? say 50 years in prison for a crime with a gun? why are you against that?

You people make it about ALL gun owners.

The current thinking is one person kills with a gun then we have to do something to ALL gun owners .

If that's the way you want to live then be consistent and apply that "logic" to all laws
again, we're asking what it is you want.
A ban on semiautomatic rifles. Limited size magazines for handguns. More accurate reporting of arrests to the federal data bank that does background checks on gun purchases. The ability of law enforcement to confiscate an individual's weapons temporarily, pending a speedy hearing, if the individual is acting erratic and homicidal or making threats on people's lives.

No ban has ever worked yet so what makes you think they will all of sudden magically work now?
It's reduction, not magic fairy dust. And it works EVERYWHERE it is used.

It has worked NOWHERE. The reason why Europe was less violent is they had killed off all of their violent men in two world wars. Here in the USA we didn't. We still have them, and they have been augmented by violent third world illegal aliens who have brought their cultures of violence with them. Take a look at all of the violent crime that is being committed out there and it is black on black, and hispanic on hispanic gangs that are doing the majority of the shooting. Why the fuck should I have my rights taken away from me based on the criminal activities of violent gang members?

People who will ignore every law you pass?

Now, Europe is getting a healthy dose of third world refugees moving to their countries and lo and behold violent crime is sky rocketing as is gun crime. Go figure.

Exactly MINDLESS. Thanks!
Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.

Why do you want to take my weapons? I did nothing wrong.

I shoot hundreds of rounds when I go shooting with my wife and daughters .
It's not about you; it's about the type of gun and the damage it can do. To me it is a form of risk reduction. Nothing is perfect and I'm not saying you did anything wrong.

The ultimate risk reduction is for you to crawl under your bed and stay there, even though there are risks associated even with doing that. The bed could fall, the house could catch fire, etc.

That's not much of a life!
I don't know where you get that solution from anything I've said. I have a right to NOT expect to be gunned down on the way to the grocery store, goddamit, and you're not going to change my mind. What about my rights and the rights of everyone minding their own business who happens to be out and about in public?

You have a right not to be shot by a criminal? I think everyone would agree that would be ideal. You do NOT have the right to take away my weapons just to make you feel better.

Too bad the states around them don't. Ask a Chicago cop where the illegal guns are coming from. He'll tell you.
what's that have to do with anything? the fact is the city of chicago once had the strictest gun laws and the most violence with guns. The law abiding citizen couldn't even buy a gun. It had to go to court to get that changed. so your comeback is weak. New York has other states with weaker laws and didn't end up like chicago. so, the statistics don't back your theory. try again.
Why is it that anytime someone talks about problems in the black community, Chicago comes up. Anytime we are talking about gun control nationwide, Chicago comes up. Why is that? A deflection, perhaps?

so are you in favor of stricter sentences for using guns in a crime? say 50 years in prison for a crime with a gun? why are you against that?

We already have the fullest jails in the world and have the most guns. It's clear we need to do something else.

OK, good job whackos

Not true actually.
well it did. the courts finally ruled the law didn't allow law abiding citizen the right to defend themself and family.

Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.

Why do you want to take my weapons? I did nothing wrong.

I shoot hundreds of rounds when I go shooting with my wife and daughters .

The ultimate risk reduction is for you to crawl under your bed and stay there, even though there are risks associated even with doing that. The bed could fall, the house could catch fire, etc.

That's not much of a life!
I don't know where you get that solution from anything I've said. I have a right to NOT expect to be gunned down on the way to the grocery store, goddamit, and you're not going to change my mind. What about my rights and the rights of everyone minding their own business who happens to be out and about in public?

You have a right not to be shot by a criminal? I think everyone would agree that would be ideal. You do NOT have the right to take away my weapons just to make you feel better.
If it made us all safer, perhaps we should have the right to take away just the semiautomatic rifles, though.

Why is it that anytime someone talks about problems in the black community, Chicago comes up. Anytime we are talking about gun control nationwide, Chicago comes up. Why is that? A deflection, perhaps?

Why is it that you wish to punish tens of millions of law abiding people for the criminal misdeeds of less than 50,000 people?

You are sure? Provide a link saying semi-automatic rifles are illegal to hunt with.
One of my students said he borrowed a friend's semiautomatic rifle to hunt deer last year, but you only pull the trigger once, not a bunch of times. You don't want to tear up the meat.

The poster said semi-automatic rifles are ILLEGAL to hunt with, which is not correct except in 4 or 5 states.
I clearly state that some states that had candy-assed, poor shooting hunters allowed semi-automatics. Heck, they need the herd whittled down.

Heck why not tote that couch in the woods, bring the beer, have a seat, send out the dogs, put out the bait & load up that semi-automatic.

You guys are such pathetic hunters. If you need more that one shot, you shouldn't have taken the first one.
You really don't know shit about hunting do you? The vast majority of hunters use bolt actions. I would use a semi for dangerous game.

The subject is hunters demanding to use semiautomatics.

I have hunted deer in the psst, for years. Bolt action is good enough.

Forum List

Back