32 states Ask scotus to settle Gay marriage

We'll discuss three, when two is legal everywhere. With the SC "ruling" today, it's pretty damn close.

No, we'll discuss three...right now...on the eve of an election. I wonder how that will play out for republican seats in congress? :popcorn:
It won't matter a damn. And it won't matter a damn if they take Congress either.

Time to grow up little Sil. You've lost this war, pick another.

It won't play at all. Marriage equality has been made part of the Constitutional protections by SCOTUS. Nothing Sil can say changes that. Nothing she says about polygamy has anything to do with it.

Sil, we told you so.

It won't play at all. Marriage equality has been made part of the Constitutional protections by SCOTUS. Nothing Sil can say changes that. Nothing she says about polygamy has anything to do with it.

Sil, we told you so.
That we did, again and again, but she still won't believe us, what a shame.

You think that a republican Congress will replace Ginsberg with a liberal or conservative Justice? How about any of the others who will likely retire during the GOP congressional domination?

That might make a wee bit of difference... Oh, and if polygamists start suing in California for the right to marry....today... :popcorn:

A GOP Congress can't do anything unless the President nominates someone.

Even if a justice drops dead, if the Senate is pub, he won't nominate anyone unless they have an agreed consensus before hand.

Otherwise, the Court will sit at four to four until the next President.

Given the SCOTUS is upholding lower court rulings that gay marriage is legal in 5 more states has anyone started a suicide watch for Silhouette?

The conservatives lost on this issue; the liberals won.

I'd be interested to know how much money the Right threw down the toilet opposing the right to same sex marriage,

not to mention, how much better that money might have been spent.

32 States Ask Supreme Court to Settle Gay Marriage - ABC News

yeah so 32 states on Thursday want Scotus to just settle the matter once and for all. Given the recent ruling for WI and IL we kinda already know where this will go if Scotus ever decides to deal with this. Watch them punt back to the lower courts.
There is no federal law banning gay marriage, or forcing states to support gay marriage. Thus, the SCOTUS has nothing to rule on other than each states individual laws banning said marriages.

You folks that want the SCOTUS to write a civil rights laws ... sigh... that's what congress does. Not the SCOTUS.

I'd be interested to know how much money the Right threw down the toilet opposing the right to same sex marriage,

Bull shit. Many conservatives are for it and many democrats are against it. Your broad brush stroke accusations are childish.

Bull shit. Many conservatives are for it and many democrats are against it. Your broad brush stroke accusations are childish.

If you want to argue that the Right in this country didn't spend zillions fighting same sex marriage let's hear it.

If you want to argue that the Right in this country didn't spend zillions fighting same sex marriage let's hear it.
Or if you want to argue that the 82% of posters here at USMB are all far right wingnutters that voted here, let's hear that too. Should be a real gem of a spin... Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings Page 153 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

[one of the largest responses to a poll here at USMB]

Or if you want to argue that the 82% of posters here at USMB are all far right wingnutters that voted here, let's hear that too. Should be a real gem of a spin... Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings Page 153 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Irrelevant.

:lmao:

What kind of dullard assumes that the results of his inane thread poll actually represents "82% of posters here at USMB"?

:lmao:

What kind of dullard assumes that the results of his inane thread poll actually represents "82% of posters here at USMB"?

The poll has nothing to do with same sex rights to a civil marriage.

I'm a member of the right and I did not spend a dime fighting same sex marriage. To the contrary I defended it. There are some on the right and left who fought same sex marriage. The leftists don't own gays cause they switched last election.

I'm a member of the right and I did not spend a dime fighting same sex marriage.

I was referring to the money that was spent not the money that wasn't. Duh.

I'm a member of the right and I did not spend a dime fighting same sex marriage.

I was referring to the money that was spent not the money that wasn't. Duh.

How much did the left spend fighting it all the prior decades?

You think that a republican Congress will replace Ginsberg with a liberal or conservative Justice? How about any of the others who will likely retire during the GOP congressional domination?

That might make a wee bit of difference... Oh, and if polygamists start suing in California for the right to marry....today... :popcorn:

Lot of Republican Senators voted of Kagan and Sotomoyor.

Here's what you don't seem to get. The Republicans want this issue to go away more than the Democrats do.

Forum List

Back