4.6% unemployment rate

UE is 4.6%

"In October (2016), the real unemployment rate (U-6) was 9.3 percent. That's double the widely-reported unemployment rate (U-3) of 4.6 percent."

Does the Government Lie About Unemployment?

IIRC, the U-3 only counts those individuals that are receiving unemployment benefits. Those that have exhausted their benefits and simply can't find work are not counted, nor are those that are woefully under-employed.
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Is there a conservative manual you morons all read from?

No, the U-3 is not based on unemployment benefits. It has absolutely nothing to do with unemployment benefits. Many folks who are not counted in the labor force have never even received unemployment benefits. Many have never even had a job. The vast majority of them don't even want a job.

You rightards are batshit insane. :cuckoo:

if Trump gets the rate down or it goes up there wont be one single dipshit RW who ever heard of the U-3 ...

Unemployment is so fantastic under Obama you people lost the House, Senate, White House, and SCOTUS :laugh:
NOBODY said it was fantastic The problem was Hillary ignored Wiscon Mich and Penn Didn't tell those looking for work she felt their pain,and it cost her
Bullshit.

Hillary ignored just about everyone. Obama did more campaigning than she did. She was always home sitting on her fat ass, recovering from a debate or a fundraiser.

Good to see the rate continue to drop

Employers added solid 178,000 jobs in Nov.

The labor market perked up modestly in November as employers added 178,000 jobs and the unemployment rate fell to a nine-year low, providing more evidence of a solid economy in the final payroll report before an expected Federal Reserve interest rate hike.

The unemployment rate, which is calculated from a different survey than the payroll total, fell from 4.9% to 4.6%, lowest since August 2007

And the Labor Force Participation rate dropped another .1% down to 62.7% due to another 446,000 people dropping completely out of the workforce.

219,000 people entered the work force, so job creation didn't keep up with the new entrants.

Fortunately, we only have 49 more days of Obama's horrible Reign of Terror against the Economy.
So what's your excuse gonna be when that figure continues dropping under Trump?

one of the great job creators president obama who was handed a bs economy and turned it around ,,,so sorry obama haters
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The job participation rate in this country is the lowest in many decades… Shit for brains
:lmao:
Well, fucked up liars, you well know you are lying through your teeth. You include retired seniors, students as young as 16, and stay at home mothers, and those physically or mentally unable to work. The unemployment rate is 4.6%, using exactly the same methods used when Bush was in office.

And the market is around 19,000, after a low of 6500 created the last time the GOP had it's way with the economy. I am very sure that Trump can triple the former number and reduce the latter number to a fourth of it's present value. Bet he does it by the end of 2019.
The numbers do not lie, most of the so called job creation over the last eight years have been part time service jobs replacing great paying jobs like mining jobs.
Mining Coal?? what other mining jobs lost?? Gold Silver?? educate me Who the hell wants to breathe in coal dust?

one of the great job creators president obama who was handed a bs economy and turned it around ,,,so sorry obama haters

The job participation rate in this country is the lowest in many decades… Shit for brains
Well, fucked up liars, you well know you are lying through your teeth. You include retired seniors, students as young as 16, and stay at home mothers, and those physically or mentally unable to work. The unemployment rate is 4.6%, using exactly the same methods used when Bush was in office.

And the market is around 19,000, after a low of 6500 created the last time the GOP had it's way with the economy. I am very sure that Trump can triple the former number and reduce the latter number to a fourth of it's present value. Bet he does it by the end of 2019.
The numbers do not lie, most of the so called job creation over the last eight years have been part time service jobs replacing great paying jobs like mining jobs.

Why don't you show us the numbers?

The labor market perked up modestly in November as employers added 178,000 jobs and the unemployment rate fell to a nine-year low, providing more evidence of a solid economy in the final payroll report before an expected Federal Reserve interest rate hike.

The unemployment rate, which is calculated from a different survey than the payroll total, fell from 4.9% to 4.6%, lowest since August 2007

More liberal bullshit concocted numbers, just like the made up polls that showed Clinton 332 vs Trump 216, on Nov. 7.

They're on a mission to made Obama look good. Keep putting lipstick on that pig, guys. Does it reflect the millions out of work and stopped looking? No. Does it reflect the record number of food stamps? no. Does it reflect the hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs lost? No. Does it reflect record black unemployment? No. The list goes on and on. This is all leftist mumbo jumbo and a failed effort to save the first black president's disastrous legacy.
Quyit ytou never endion g ewhoning & being stupid.
No one can deny that businesses hire a glut of workers for the Christmas season.

Who is in office, or coming into office, is completely irrelevant, and to be blunt, a stupid fucking position that is deficient of much reality.

Nov/Dec are washes, Jan is often a wash because they retain some of them to help out with year end inventory and let them go in Jan.

What matters is the bigger picture, not random months that reflect well known rises and falls of seasonal employment.

You can't look at Alaska in the winter and judge her economy because we have a shit ton of seasonal summer jobs that pay big bucks - same concept.

S e a s o n a l l y a d j u s t e d

Mining Coal?? what other mining jobs lost?? Gold Silver?? educate me Who the hell wants to breathe in coal dust?
You do know most coal mining is done open pit style. dumbass

The 10 biggest coal mines in the world

And the Labor Force Participation rate dropped another .1% down to 62.7% due to another 446,000 people dropping completely out of the workforce.

219,000 people entered the work force, so job creation didn't keep up with the new entrants.

Fortunately, we only have 49 more days of Obama's horrible Reign of Terror against the Economy.

Interesting....are you going to be concerned about the Labor Force Participation rate once Trump becomes President?
You know it will continue to drop for the next four years....it can't do anything else with 4 million people a year retiring

But, never fear.....I intend to report on the Labor Participation Rate in every month of Trumps presidency. Trump seemed to think it was important when he was complaining about Obama

Yes, you Sad Maroon, I'm going to be just as concerned about the LFP and real job creation when Trump is President. If he fails to show real progress in addressing the appalling Obama economic morass, then he'll lose my support.

95 million Americans out of the work force, and Barry refuses to count millions unemployed, unemployed only because they have given up searching for work they can't find.

4.6% unemployment rate my ass.

Interesting....are you going to be concerned about the Labor Force Participation rate once Trump becomes President?
You know it will continue to drop for the next four years....it can't do anything else with 4 million people a year retiring

But, never fear.....I intend to report on the Labor Participation Rate in every month of Trumps presidency. Trump seemed to think it was important when he was complaining about Obama

Yes, you Sad Maroon, I'm going to be just as concerned about the LFP and real job creation when Trump is President. If he fails to show real progress in addressing the appalling Obama economic morass, then he'll lose my support.

Good for you!
Both you and Trump seemed to think LFP was a major failing for Obama

I can't wait to keep posting how much better it was under Obama

By the way...my 85 year old mother is counted as out of the workforce
I will also be retired and out of the workforce before Trump is out

95 million Americans out of the work force, and Barry refuses to count millions unemployed, unemployed only because they have given up searching for work they can't find.

It will go to 110 million under Trump....what a failure

You will, huh?

Well let's see now how truthful you are ... you've been posting on this forum since Bush was president. The labor force participation rate began dropping while he was president and while you were posting on this very site. No doubt, since the labor force participation rate is sooo important to you, it should be no problem at all for you to link to one of your pre-2009 posts where you bitched about it.........

G'head, I'll wait.

America's part-time problem may be permanent

Green energy jobs are not real jobs at all, because they're money losers...

Good for you!
Both you and Trump seemed to think LFP was a major failing for Obama

I can't wait to keep posting how much better it was under Obama

By the way...my 85 year old mother is counted as out of the workforce
I will also be retired and out of the workforce before Trump is out

I don't recall ever claiming that the LFP should be 100%. But under Obama, we've regressed back to the 1970s, despite the fact that Millennials outnumber Boomers.

It's bullshit of course.
They count U3 when they should be counting U6. U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven
The U3 has always been used.

You fucking whiners want to use the U6 because it is a higher number & you think it makes Obama look bad.

The reality is that the U3 is just an indicator used to note where the economy is heading.
The U6 is accurate.
U3 is misleading......because it doesn't give you a true picture of unemployment in this country.

Oh? How many of those 95 million Americans who are out of the work force do you think lost their job and gave up searching?

You do know most coal mining is done open pit style. dumbass

The 10 biggest coal mines in the world
A NYC guy not knowing that makes me a dumbass?? You ah rednecks make me laugh

Meh I don't feel like getting into a debate on mathematical and statistical values so believe as you wish here. I'm just mention the following.

Yes and no. The new model adopted in 2015 does not have enough data to properly adjust seasonally until after the fact. I don't fault them or anything, but the reality is that a current read of seasonally adjusted short term (aka a month or two span) is faulty. They can be more accurate in hindsight. This is a growing pains flaw that attempts to specifically note monthly seasonality (holidays) and it will clear itself up when we have enough accurate data based on the 'new' calculation methods. (5 years they say) Presently, however, during short term bubbles the system uses a mix of old and new guestimation methods that is the best they can manage with a lack of historic data on the specific bubbles (because in the past we didn't account for those things.)

That is to say, this read at this time is probably off 0.25 to 0.5%

So, yes they try to adjust it, but no it's not adjusted on 'real' data (aka the data being used to adjust it is a best guess estimate and thus inherently flawed)

--

"BLS uses indirect seasonal adjustment for most of the major labor force aggregates. Besides
retaining, so far as possible, the essential accounting relationships, the indirect approach is
needed because many of the aggregates include components having different seasonal and trend
characteristics that sometimes require different modes of adjustment.

Examples of indirectly seasonally adjusted series are the levels of total unemployment,
employment, and the civilian labor force, as well as the unemployment rate for all civilian
workers. These series are produced by the aggregation of some or all of the seasonally adjusted
series for the eight major civilian labor force components. The seasonally adjusted level of total
unemployment is the sum of the seasonally adjusted levels of unemployment for four age-sex
groups: men 16 to 19 years, women 16 to 19 years, men 20 years and over, and women 20 years
and over. Likewise, seasonally adjusted civilian employment is the sum of employment in all
industries for the same four age-sex groups. The seasonally adjusted civilian labor force is the
sum of all eight components. The seasonally adjusted civilian unemployment rate is computed as
the ratio of the total seasonally adjusted unemployment level to the total seasonally adjusted
civilian labor force (expressed as a percentage).

A problem with producing seasonally adjusted estimates for a series by aggregation is that
seasonal adjustment factors cannot be directly computed for that series. Implicit seasonal
adjustment factors, however, can be calculated after the fact by taking the ratio of the unadjusted
aggregate to the seasonally adjusted aggregate or, for additive implicit factors, the difference
between those two aggregates.

- http://www.bls.gov/cps/seasonal-adjustment-methodology-2016.pdf

America's part-time problem may be permanent

Interesting article, I actually read it
Between 2007 and 2016, part time employment increased from 4.2 million to 6.1 million (1.9 million part time jobs)

Since there have been 11 million jobs added under Obama, that is far from being "The numbers do not lie, most of the so called job creation over the last eight years have been part time service jobs"

Mining jobs have been lost because of a major drop in the price of natural gas, not because they are replaced by part time workers

Even using Barry's own doctored numbers:

"Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rate for adult men declined to 4.3 percent in November. The rates for adult women (4.2 percent), teenagers (15.2 percent), Whites (4.2 percent), Blacks (8.1 percent), Asians (3.0 percent), and Hispanics (5.7 percent) showed little or no change over the month."

BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT is at 8.1% - almost TWICE that of whites. The 1st Black President hasn't done jack-shit for what Eric Holder called 'his own people'!

The unemployment rate for blacks is more than double that of Asians and higher than Hispanics!

Even to the 1st black President, Hispanics and Asians have become higher priorities than blacks to Liberals.

Even the 1st black President only cares for their VOTES.

Employment Situation Summary

Forum List

Back