4.6% unemployment rate

In Most cases these jobs were paying six figures...
Each one of them was worth several part-time beginers work service jobs…

U.S. Has Lost 191,000 Mining Industry Jobs Since September 2014

But it doesn't look as dire when you post the historical chart:

mining_industry_employment-chart.jpg
Still the fact remains they are some of the best jobs in America has to offer, and now they're gone hopefully come back again. Without mining, drilling and fracking this country is less of a country… Fact

Fact is we currently have more mining jobs than Bush had for the 1st 6 years of his presidency.

LFP By Age.jpg
Yes, you Sad Maroon, I'm going to be just as concerned about the LFP and real job creation when Trump is President. If he fails to show real progress in addressing the appalling Obama economic morass, then he'll lose my support.

Good for you!
Both you and Trump seemed to think LFP was a major failing for Obama

I can't wait to keep posting how much better it was under Obama

By the way...my 85 year old mother is counted as out of the workforce
I will also be retired and out of the workforce before Trump is out

I don't recall ever claiming that the LFP should be 100%. But under Obama, we've regressed back to the 1970s, despite the fact that Millennials outnumber Boomers.

Now you are starting to understand....Why did it increase in the 1970s?
Women and Baby Boomers entering the workforce

What is happening now?
They are retiring at 4 million a year

LFP will continue to drop for another 15 years....AND ITS TRUMPS FAULT

And as Millennials outnumber Boomers, the additions to the workforce should offset retirees. But that's not what's happening because so many Millennials have dropped out.

There are only 8 million TOTAL looking for work
60 million are 65 and older

95M are out of the labor force, a great many of which are Prime Working Age.

I quote the US Govt - the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION - reporting black unemployment is at 15.1%...

...and YOU call Barry a liar by posting DNC propoganda source CNN claiming black unemployment is now in the '8's...

Now that's some funny shit right there! :p

Here are the government numbers from November.

You show me 15% black UE on that page. lol

Table A-2. Employment status of the civilian population by race, sex, and age
I posted the numbers from the govt site...you're the one calling Barry a liar. Prove it.

Conflicting #s? You saying his administration can't get their facts / #s straight?

I know a crew over in Wyoming that has to move to Oregon because their mining jobs in hydraulics is gone. Instead of doing something reasonable and beneficial for the country They are reduced to working on hydraulics for blueberry harvesters to harvest blueberries and nuts… with pay cuts.
It is what it is, but the replacement for fossil fuel energy is a load of shit… Fact

But it doesn't look as dire when you post the historical chart:

mining_industry_employment-chart.jpg
Uneducated liberals DO like pictures... :p
You call that debating the point? No wonder you 'Conservatives' come across as such dumb asses.
Says the guy who prefers pictures... :p

I quote the US Govt - the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION - reporting black unemployment is at 15.1%...

...and YOU call Barry a liar by posting DNC propoganda source CNN claiming black unemployment is now in the '8's...

Now that's some funny shit right there! :p

You posted the same number I posted. In your post #240 shit for brains. Jesus Christ
So you agree black unemployment is 15.1%, almost twice whites, which is what my link states...

And there are about 6 million jobs for the trades going begging in the US. If those miners had a lick of sense, they would learn a trade and go to where the jobs are. Right now, in my e-mail, about every third e-mail seems to be, 'we have a great job for you'. Well no, they don't. I am 73, and will retire this year.

Yes, hard to change industries, but I have done it twice, and gained each time. And it is natural gas, not President Obama or even the renewables that are putting coal out of business.
Well, the problem is other jobs don't pay worth a shit. There is no substitute for a great paying mining job.
Two weeks on - three weeks off, six-figure income… Damn hard to replace.
And worse yet it really hurts the economy of the local areas to lose such good paying jobs… fact

I know a crew over in Wyoming that has to move to Oregon because their mining jobs in hydraulics is gone. Instead of doing something reasonable and beneficial for the country They are reduced to working on hydraulics for blueberry harvesters to harvest blueberries and nuts… with pay cuts.
It is what it is, but the replacement for fossil fuel energy is a load of shit… Fact
Really? That is odd. Our millwrights are paid good money, a steel mill. I know that for a fact, for I am one of them. A person with extensive hydraulic experiance should have no trouble getting a job that pays very well. There are e-mails in my box every day with job offers. Same for the other millwrights there. So why are these people taking the low end jobs? Lack of experiance? Bad work history?

Even using Barry's own doctored numbers:

"Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rate for adult men declined to 4.3 percent in November. The rates for adult women (4.2 percent), teenagers (15.2 percent), Whites (4.2 percent), Blacks (8.1 percent), Asians (3.0 percent), and Hispanics (5.7 percent) showed little or no change over the month."

BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT is at 8.1% - almost TWICE that of whites. The 1st Black President hasn't done jack-shit for what Eric Holder called 'his own people'!

The unemployment rate for blacks is more than double that of Asians and higher than Hispanics!

Even to the 1st black President, Hispanics and Asians have become higher priorities than blacks to Liberals.

Even the 1st black President only cares for their VOTES.

Employment Situation Summary
WTF?? You think a black president is supposed to give blacks special treatment? Does this mean you believe white presidents give whites special treatment?

And there are about 6 million jobs for the trades going begging in the US. If those miners had a lick of sense, they would learn a trade and go to where the jobs are. Right now, in my e-mail, about every third e-mail seems to be, 'we have a great job for you'. Well no, they don't. I am 73, and will retire this year.

Yes, hard to change industries, but I have done it twice, and gained each time. And it is natural gas, not President Obama or even the renewables that are putting coal out of business.
Well, the problem is other jobs don't pay worth a shit. There is no substitute for a great paying mining job.
Two weeks on - three weeks off, six-figure income… Damn hard to replace.
And worse yet it really hurts the economy of the local areas to lose such good paying jobs… fact
If you are talking about the drillers, the problem is overproduction drove the prices down. Don't need anymore wells at present. If you are talking about the coal miners, same. Abundant cheap natural gas is putting coal out of business, and the renewables now cost signifcantly less than coal. So coal is dead. And we have a surplus of natural gas and oil. Typical boom-bust of the business.

Oh? How many of those 95 million Americans who are out of the work force do you think lost their job and gave up searching?
The point is all of them should be counted to calculate the REAL unemployment rate - Obama does not.
No, that's the moron's point. That would not measure any useful number. Many folks choose not to work outside of raising their family because their spouse works. What purpose is there to be gained by counting them as unemployed when they don't want to work. Same holds true for everyone who doesn't want a job for whatever their reason it.

Even worse for your lunacy is this has nothing to do with Obama. The unemployment rate is measured the same way it was before Obama became president.

one of the great job creators president obama who was handed a bs economy and turned it around ,,,so sorry obama haters
It's bullshit of course.
They count U3 when they should be counting U6. U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven
The U3 has always been used.

You fucking whiners want to use the U6 because it is a higher number & you think it makes Obama look bad.

The reality is that the U3 is just an indicator used to note where the economy is heading.
The U6 is accurate.
U3 is misleading......because it doesn't give you a true picture of unemployment in this country.

The U3 has traditionally been the unemployment rate.

WTF?? You think a black president is supposed to give blacks special treatment? Does this mean you believe white presidents give whites special treatment?
That's what blacks who voted for him thought!

Remember the 1 woman who declared Obama was going to give her a new kitchen and another said he was going to buy her gasoline...
--How'd that work for you?

Not 1 serious program to help blacks - no training programs, no jobs programs - nothing.

Cause the libs...even the 1st black president... likes their blacks uneducated, poor, and dependent on de gubmint...

Interesting....are you going to be concerned about the Labor Force Participation rate once Trump becomes President?
You know it will continue to drop for the next four years....it can't do anything else with 4 million people a year retiring

But, never fear.....I intend to report on the Labor Participation Rate in every month of Trumps presidency. Trump seemed to think it was important when he was complaining about Obama

Yes, you Sad Maroon, I'm going to be just as concerned about the LFP and real job creation when Trump is President. If he fails to show real progress in addressing the appalling Obama economic morass, then he'll lose my support.

Good for you!
Both you and Trump seemed to think LFP was a major failing for Obama

I can't wait to keep posting how much better it was under Obama

By the way...my 85 year old mother is counted as out of the workforce
I will also be retired and out of the workforce before Trump is out

I don't recall ever claiming that the LFP should be 100%. But under Obama, we've regressed back to the 1970s, despite the fact that Millennials outnumber Boomers.

Now you are starting to understand....Why did it increase in the 1970s?
Women and Baby Boomers entering the workforce

What is happening now?
They are retiring at 4 million a year

LFP will continue to drop for another 15 years....AND ITS TRUMPS FAULT

And as Millennials outnumber Boomers, the additions to the workforce should offset retirees. But that's not what's happening because so many Millennials have dropped out.
Millennials have not dropped out. Though that's more to do about demographics as they are getting older too. In 2006, the LFPR among millennials was 59.7%. Today it's 68.7%.

Oh? How many of those 95 million Americans who are out of the work force do you think lost their job and gave up searching?
The point is all of them should be counted to calculate the REAL unemployment rate - Obama does not.

Why?
Almost 60 million of that 95 million are over 65 and retired
20 million are stay at home moms
Most of the rest are students not looking to work or handicapped

Only about 8 million of your 95 million are people who want to work but can't find a job
Not even 8 million. More like 6 million...

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Really? That is odd. Our millwrights are paid good money, a steel mill. I know that for a fact, for I am one of them. A person with extensive hydraulic experiance should have no trouble getting a job that pays very well. There are e-mails in my box every day with job offers. Same for the other millwrights there. So why are these people taking the low end jobs? Lack of experiance? Bad work history?
No, I've known some of them for several years. Some have had 30+ years experience in hydraulics but they were paid so well in Wyoming, Jobs in other fields just can't compete.

Remember the 1 woman who declared Obama was going to give her a new kitchen and another said he was going to buy her gasoline...

Not 1 serious program to help blacks - no training programs, no jobs programs - nothing.

Cause the libs...even the 1st black president... likes their blacks uneducated, poor, and dependent on de gubmint...
Lying POS. There were plenty pf job programs pushed by Obama to help people.

LMAO

What does what they believed have to do with what a president actually does?? Hell, you morons think Trump is going to make America great again. You fell for it because you're too dumb to realize it already is great.

Forum List

Back