4.6% unemployment rate

The REAL unemployment rate is NOT 4.6%

AS shown in the Obama administration's own govt report I posted, black unemployment is st 15.1%

Did Trump talk about the jobs report yet? Or is he still out wasting secret service money on his thank you tpour.

Yes, you Sad Maroon, I'm going to be just as concerned about the LFP and real job creation when Trump is President. If he fails to show real progress in addressing the appalling Obama economic morass, then he'll lose my support.

Good for you!
Both you and Trump seemed to think LFP was a major failing for Obama

I can't wait to keep posting how much better it was under Obama

By the way...my 85 year old mother is counted as out of the workforce
I will also be retired and out of the workforce before Trump is out

I don't recall ever claiming that the LFP should be 100%. But under Obama, we've regressed back to the 1970s, despite the fact that Millennials outnumber Boomers.

Now you are starting to understand....Why did it increase in the 1970s?
Women and Baby Boomers entering the workforce

What is happening now?
They are retiring at 4 million a year

LFP will continue to drop for another 15 years....AND ITS TRUMPS FAULT

And as Millennials outnumber Boomers, the additions to the workforce should offset retirees. But that's not what's happening because so many Millennials have dropped out.
Millennials have not dropped out. Though that's more to do about demographics as they are getting older too. In 2006, the LFPR among millennials was 59.7%. Today it's 68.7%.

In 2006, a bunch of Millennials were in grade school. 10 years later, they are of working age. I already posted a table that shows declining LFRP for young and prime working age cohorts, while retirement age people are working at a higher rate.

So the myth that Boomers are the The Cause for declining LFRP pins the BOGOMETER.

In Most cases these jobs were paying six figures...
Each one of them was worth several part-time beginers work service jobs…

U.S. Has Lost 191,000 Mining Industry Jobs Since September 2014
And there are about 6 million jobs for the trades going begging in the US. If those miners had a lick of sense, they would learn a trade and go to where the jobs are. Right now, in my e-mail, about every third e-mail seems to be, 'we have a great job for you'. Well no, they don't. I am 73, and will retire this year.

Yes, hard to change industries, but I have done it twice, and gained each time. And it is natural gas, not President Obama or even the renewables that are putting coal out of business.
Well, the problem is other jobs don't pay worth a shit. There is no substitute for a great paying mining job.
Two weeks on - three weeks off, six-figure income… Damn hard to replace.
And worse yet it really hurts the economy of the local areas to lose such good paying jobs… fact
If you are talking about the drillers, the problem is overproduction drove the prices down. Don't need anymore wells at present. If you are talking about the coal miners, same. Abundant cheap natural gas is putting coal out of business, and the renewables now cost signifcantly less than coal. So coal is dead. And we have a surplus of natural gas and oil. Typical boom-bust of the business.
True, but the problem is the EPA and the like have made it impossible for those people to move into other fields because of the lack of good pay.
Fortunately North Dakota has absorbed some of the jobs, but only some.
Still there is so much untapped potential for Coal... hopefully some of that will start coming back now with new leadership.

I quote the US Govt - the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION - reporting black unemployment is at 15.1%...

...and YOU call Barry a liar by posting DNC propoganda source CNN claiming black unemployment is now in the '8's...

Now that's some funny shit right there! :p

You posted the same number I posted. In your post #240 shit for brains. Jesus Christ
So you agree black unemployment is 15.1%, almost twice whites, which is what my link states...
Where do you get 15.1% from? It's 8.1%

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Last edited:
Did Trump talk about the jobs report yet? Or is he still out wasting secret service money on his thank you tpour.
Poor jealous pissed-off snowflake....

So you were ok with Secret Service being wasted on a record number of rounds of golf (after Barry said a President shouldn't be playing golf while our military are fighting...)?!

The oteam has paid out more to try to bolster the job rating by handing out stand around gubmint jobs and it has still failed at a cost that is staggering per job. I don't see why the rest of us don't just quit. We could save gas money then. And it is laughable that you would think we would listen to any report, or statistic from the oshitma stat bureau. And you think you are smart, HAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAH oh sheeet

one of the great job creators president obama who was handed a bs economy and turned it around ,,,so sorry obama haters
It's bullshit of course.
They count U3 when they should be counting U6. U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven
The U3 has always been used.

You fucking whiners want to use the U6 because it is a higher number & you think it makes Obama look bad.

The reality is that the U3 is just an indicator used to note where the economy is heading.
The U6 is accurate.
U3 is misleading......because it doesn't give you a true picture of unemployment in this country.

The U3 has traditionally been the unemployment rate.
It still is the official unemployment rate despite conservatives' best efforts to change that to the U-6.

Well, we all know those unemployment numbers are a farce.
I don't know that. Please explain. The UE rate is supposed to measure the percent of people unsuccessfully trying to work: the amount of available labor not being used. How are you claiming it fails?

The real unemployment rate is closer to 15% with some 94M+ people out of work.
How are you defining "real unemployment" and where are you getting your numbers?
Google it... a search engine is very resourceful.

It gets very tiresome teaching dimwits.
Oh, I worked professionally with these data for over a decade. I'm aware of the multiple conspiracy theories out there. None of them are true. I don't know which one you're subscribing to.

As for your real unemployment rate, it's 4.6 % if you're counting those who are trying to work, 5.8% if you're counting those who want to work, are available, and have looked in the last year, 8% if you count everyone who says they want a job, and 40.3% if you count everyone not working.
So how are you getting 15%?
Record 95,055,000 Americans Out Of The Labor Force

I quote the US Govt - the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION - reporting black unemployment is at 15.1%...

...and YOU call Barry a liar by posting DNC propoganda source CNN claiming black unemployment is now in the '8's...

Now that's some funny shit right there! :p

You posted the same number I posted. In your post #240 shit for brains. Jesus Christ
So you agree black unemployment is 15.1%, almost twice whites, which is what my link states...
Where do you get 15.1% from? It's 8.1%

data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006
I posted a .gov link from the Barry administration. Ask Barry where HE got it...

Good for you!

I don't recall ever claiming that the LFP should be 100%. But under Obama, we've regressed back to the 1970s, despite the fact that Millennials outnumber Boomers.

What is happening now?

And as Millennials outnumber Boomers, the additions to the workforce should offset retirees. But that's not what's happening because so many Millennials have dropped out.
Millennials have not dropped out. Though that's more to do about demographics as they are getting older too. In 2006, the LFPR among millennials was 59.7%. Today it's 68.7%.

In 2006, a bunch of Millennials were in grade school. 10 years later, they are of working age. I already posted a table that shows declining LFRP for young and prime working age cohorts, while retirement age people are working at a higher rate.

So the myth that Boomers are the The Cause for declining LFRP pins the BOGOMETER.
In 2006, they were aged 16-24. 59.7% id them were in the labor force.

Today they're aged 16-34 and 68.7% of them are in the labor force.

one of the great job creators president obama who was handed a bs economy and turned it around ,,,so sorry obama haters
It's bullshit of course.
They count U3 when they should be counting U6. U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven
The U3 has always been used.

You fucking whiners want to use the U6 because it is a higher number & you think it makes Obama look bad.

The reality is that the U3 is just an indicator used to note where the economy is heading.
The U6 is accurate.
U3 is misleading......because it doesn't give you a true picture of unemployment in this country.

The U3 has traditionally been the unemployment rate.
It still is the official unemployment rate despite conservatives' best efforts to change that to the U-6.
Yup...yup.

And we all know it's worthless. Doesn’t actually mean dick.
We're still losing jobs faster than jobs are being created.

Lying POS. There were plenty pf job programs pushed by Obama to help people.
Link?
Link to results?

OBAMA says black unemloyment is at 15.1%

Those programs, according to the #s, FAILED!

There were several jobs bills pushed that the Republicans blocked & then assholes like you run in circles screaming OMG OMG OMG Obama did nothing" Current rate in 8.1%.

$774,000 PER JOB

- THAT is how much the GAO said Obama spent via his nearly $1 trillion failed Stimulus bill for each job he CLAIMED to have saved / created...

View attachment 100599
Good for you!

What is happening now?

There are only 8 million TOTAL looking for work
60 million are 65 and older

95M are out of the labor force, a great many of which are Prime Working Age.
Very interesting chart there.

Decreasing number 16 to 19 in the work force. That is good. More finishing school.
Decreasing number 20 to 24 in the work force. Good, more attending trade school and college.
From 25 to 54, about a five percent drop in participation, due to those that failed to get any training.
From 55 to 75+, an increase in participation right across the board. Industry and commerce taking steps to retain those it values. Significant increases in wages and benefits, I know, that is the position I am in at 73.

Since the GOP ardently opposes an educated work force, they take the blame for the under employment of the younger workers.

Forum List

Back