4 pick-up places men should avoid

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Funeral parlors? Really? LOL

There are many places where single people are expected to flirt, mingle and pick one another up: parties, church, clubs, even poetry readings are filled with other singles. And then there are always the more impromptu experiences where people meet and make a connection — while waiting for at ATM to open up, for example, or as you’re perusing the blooms in season at a local nursery. In fact, few places are truly off-limits when it comes to chatting up a potential love interest... but please notice that we said “few places” and not “no place,” because that distinction does matter. Allow us to tell you about four spots where some intrepid single men have gone in search of a love connection — and why you’re probably better off not following their lead, according to these less-than-impressed women...

4 pick-up places men should avoid

I can think of three weird pick ups I have experienced within the last 3/4 years. And I guess they didn't really involve the venues in question being strange ( although one was highly questionable)...just the approach.

1. A guy from work IMed me and asked me if I wanted to fuck him. I thought he was kidding. He wasn't.

2. A man approached me at the bookstore ( in the romance section) and starts the convo by saying " I just had to come over and tell you how much I love your shirt". ummm...okay lol

3. While getting my hair cut the guy doing my hair tells me to come back on the weekend and he will "do my hair...and then we can go wild".

1. Workplace.
2. Workplace.
3. Workplace.
4. Workplace.

Last edited:
Maternity wards.

That just reminded me. I once had a guy tell me that he liked pregnant women...because it was obvious that they put out.

Worst pick up line ever.

Anyway...to add to that.

gynecologist's office

Funerals are good places to hook up unless the object of your affection has the leading role in that particular scene.

In line at the ATM
Unemployment office
Gas station while they are purchasing condoms

1. Workplace.
2. Workplace.
3. Workplace.
4. Workplace.

That's where I met my wife.

Neither of us has ever been happier and, for as long as we worked at the same company, there was never an issue.

I "dated" a woman at my workplace, and only after that she told me, that she's taking antidepressants.
She was married about 5 years, and after her marriage she was treated in a clinic.

It wasn't any fun, when I had what I wanted, and I didn't want to "date" her anymore. I still work with her together (I'm above her), but we don't talk and the waves have fallen from a very high to a lower level.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nox

Forum List

Back