400,000 Signatures Collected To Withdraw Whitmer's Power

Ricky LIbtardo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2016
They are going to get the power to rescind the law and her power to mandate her virus restrictions. They only need 340,000 verified signatures to make it happen.

Bad news for Democrats, they can't stop it and her bullshit just adds to Trump's chances to take Michigan.

Good job, commies, but then again no one ever accused you of being smart.

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, faced with lawsuits challenging her use of emergency powers to fight the coronavirus, could continue to prevail in court.

But she may be unable to stop a Republican maneuver that would rescind a 75-year-old law that has enabled her to issue and lift COVID-19 restrictions unilaterally. A ballot drive said Friday it was in the “home stretch” after collecting more than 400,000 signatures in just two months. Its goal is 500,000.

If at least 340,000 signatures are deemed valid by the state elections board, the GOP-controlled Legislature would likely repeal the 1945 law rather than let it go to a 2022 public vote. The Democratic governor could not veto the initiated bill. A 1976 law, which requires legislative approval to extend a state of emergency, would remain intact.

They are going to get the power to rescind the law and her power to mandate her virus restrictions. They only need 340,000 verified signatures to make it happen.

Bad news for Democrats, they can't stop it and her bullshit just adds to Trump's chances to take Michigan.

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, faced with lawsuits challenging her use of emergency powers to fight the coronavirus, could continue to prevail in court.

But she may be unable to stop a Republican maneuver that would rescind a 75-year-old law that has enabled her to issue and lift COVID-19 restrictions unilaterally. A ballot drive said Friday it was in the “home stretch” after collecting more than 400,000 signatures in just two months. Its goal is 500,000.

If at least 340,000 signatures are deemed valid by the state elections board, the GOP-controlled Legislature would likely repeal the 1945 law rather than let it go to a 2022 public vote. The Democratic governor could not veto the initiated bill. A 1976 law, which requires legislative approval to extend a state of emergency, would remain intact.

Never forget what she has done.

The vile democrat scum will suppress it.

The vile democrat scum will suppress it.

They can't stop it once the sigs are verified. Republican controlled state Congress. She can't veto that's why she's railing at everyone to not support it.

And I believe that once certified she cannot appeal it or do anything about it.

Whitmer and several other Demonrat Governors have shown clear signs of fascism during the Wuhan virus.

And I guarantee you that had Trump ordered such measures nationally the MSM, the Demonrats, and the leftist posters here would be attacking Trump daily.

Of course, a POTUS doesn't have that authority but they attack Trump for not doing those things, conversely, they would attack him had he done those things.

STEE-RIKE!

I wish Tennessee had Michigan's numbers on overal total infection cases, new cases, or New deaths. They could keep that 6,911 total death number as it is over 3 times Tennessee. Unfortunately we are trying to catch up with 39 more dead yesterday. Kid that fell down dead next door had just come back, week before from Detroit, when they were dropping like flies up there.

I haven't followed what is going on in Michigan but tell me, what has she done that Republican governors haven't done in nearby Ohio and WV?

Once the signatures are verified she can be placed on the recall ballot.. Dont expect this to happen before the election.. She will use every means to keep it from happening.

Never forget what she has done.
She is without question the greatest villain of a large choice of villains that we were burdened with during this pandemic. I wish they'd recall her. What an awful woman.

I haven't followed what is going on in Michigan but tell me, what has she done that Republican governors haven't done in nearby Ohio and WV?
Thats a fair question that I dont know the answer to

What I do know is that the wuflu pandemic has exposed the democrat executives as the Let ‘em Eat Cake party

Almost from the beginning blue baby hitlers from coast to coast were caught on camera defying their own autocratic mandates

With the latest being the Guv of Mich

What I do know is that the wuflu pandemic has exposed the democrat executives as the Let ‘em Eat Cake party

Almost from the beginning blue baby hitlers from coast to coast were caught on camera defying their own autocratic mandates

Indeed,well said,that is a fair question and I also don’t know the answer but I do know everything you said is correct.Incredibly I get falsely accused by resident trolls here that I am a Republican even though i have stated hundreds of times in the past both parties are corrupt and one in the same,thst I don’t bash republicans which is weird as hell the fact I have always said Obama was a clone of bush. :cuckoo: Evenwhile trashing Obama saying many times I did not think anybody could be worse than bush,yet I’m a Republican.:cuckoo:

I would be the first to make a thread of a Republican governor doing what cuomo and whitmere did if I ever saw a link or video exposing it but as far as I know,that hasnt happened.matter of fact anybody that has a link or video of a gop doing that by all means make a thread of it.I won’t deny it the way trolls here deny the corruption of the dem governors.

Last edited:

Indeed,well said,that is a fair question and I also don’t know the answer but I do know everything you said is correct.Incredibly I get falsely accused by resident trolls here that I am a Republican even though i have stated hundreds of times in the past both parties are corrupt and one in the same,thst I don’t bash republicans which is weird as hell the fact I have always said Obama was a clone of bush. :cuckoo: Evenwhile trashing Obama saying many times I did not think anybody could be worse than bush,yet I’m a Republican.:cuckoo:

I would be the first to make a thread of a Republican governor doing what cuomo and whitmere did if I ever saw a link or video exposing it but as far as I know,that has happened.matter of fact anybody that has a link or video of a gop doing thstby all means make a thread of it.I won’t deny it the way troll here deny the corruption of the dem governors.
I am a republican who believes in making the party better even as I realize that it will never represent me 100%

One of my favorite sayings is that we cant throw rocks at corrupt democrats without hitting a few republicans

And the numbers seems to be growing

I would be the first to make a thread of a Republican governor doing what cuomo and whitmere did if I ever saw a link or video exposing it but as far as I know,that has happened.matter of fact anybody that has a link or video of a gop doing thstby all means make a thread of it.I won’t deny it the way troll here deny the corruption of the dem governors.
I am a republican who believes in making the party better even as I realize that it will never represent me 100%

One of my favorite sayings is that we cant throw rocks at corrupt democrats without hitting a few republicans

And the numbers seems to be growing
Are you telling me you voted for monster mass murderers bush and Reagan both times

Forum List

Back