48% of U.S. say govt should restrict false info even if it means losing freedoms

What education reforms were these?

Common core I think you called it. It seems Bill had his fingers in that pie too. What a guy!

Bill Gates Admits His Common Core Experiment Is A Failure​

After spending $400 million on forcing schools around the country to adopt Common Core, Bill Gates has finally admitted that the controversial teaching method is a failure, and significantly less effective than traditional teaching methods.

I want both sides to be heard on social media
And I agree with you.
But the problem is that more recently the "two sides" aren't internal of a country.

Other nations are using social media as a propaganda weapon to drum up support of one particular position. This happened in Moldovia/Burma, Afghanistan, and is currently happening here in America. (Quite successfully too)

I'm all in favor of "Freedom of the Press".
So long as it is US Citizens actually creating the content and not it's enemies.

What's false about those things?

IM talking about "millions of people dying from the vaccine", "covid is a hoax", and "stop the steal". All the actual bullshit you kids are pushing.

BTW, calling CRT and BLM false information is in itself false information.
Everything is false and CRT and Black Lies Matter. Therefore all of it should be censored.

I'm all in favor of "Freedom of the Press".
So long as it is US Citizens actually creating the content and not it's enemies.
I hear that

this forum is crawling with foreigners trying to influence US policy

Common core I think you called it. It seems Bill had his fingers in that pie too. What a guy!

Bill Gates Admits His Common Core Experiment Is A Failure​

After spending $400 million on forcing schools around the country to adopt Common Core, Bill Gates has finally admitted that the controversial teaching method is a failure, and significantly less effective than traditional teaching methods.

After his election to what many viewed as “Reagan’s third term,” Bush summoned the 50 state governors to attend a two-day education summit in Charlottesville, Virginia. The 1989 Charlottesville summit, underwritten by major corporations such IBM, launched the basic idea that later became Common Core: national standards for what is taught, enforced by measures of “accountability” to ensure that all schools toe the official line.

How Common Core ended the Bush dynasty

99% of humanity has no clue how the U.S. Constitution works or how to change free speech rights, so I will just figure those morons, well are morons…

The vast majority of humanity really has no reason to understand or know how the U.S. Constitution works.

I'm sure they do, and I bet you don't even understand why.

It's because the false information has become so prevalent that it's doing more damage than restrictions on our freedoms would.

That's because some dirty, underhanded, bastards are abusing our freedoms to push fake news and crazy conspiracy theories.

And you know who you are.

There have always been conspiracy theories... JFK, Roswell, etc., and there will always be conspiracy theories and theorists. Right or wrong, it has been a right of the American citizen to think, believe, and speak as they wish.

The problem isn't false news or conspiracies, the problem is educating people to critically think and examine the information presented. And this isn't any more relevant and exemplified than on this forum, from both BOTH sides of the political spectrum.

Hundreds of articles posted on this forum everyday, and it only takes a few sentences to know the bias of the author and or the news source. Some facts might be written to ascertain, but being able to recognize the bias and details that are intentionally left out is a literary tool missing from a lot of people.

As a society, you do not want to go down the route of thought policing. If people want to believe BS, let them, that's on them.

meh

The headline is, 52% say "fcuk this!". :hello77: The 48% number is no surprise. Look at all the mental cases that ran out and got the jab thinking it would protect them and prevent spread. I mean.........d0y.

The vast majority of humanity really has no reason to understand or know how the U.S. Constitution works.
Truthfully they should learn it seeing we are the third largest nation in population and the main destination for most immigrants, so they should educate themselves just like we as a society should educate ourselves more than we do!

Once we put government in charge of social media, everything will be hunky dory.

Truthfully they should learn it seeing we are the third largest nation in population and the main destination for most immigrants, so they should educate themselves just like we as a society should educate ourselves more than we do!

They have zero reasons to learn it. The vast majority of people will never set foot here.

It's fine to want all sides to be heard. Translating that "want" into a legal mandate, however, is a direct violation of the First Amendment.
I'm not sure that I really understand what it is that you are saying...

I'm not sure that I really understand what it is that you are saying...
I'm saying it's a good, open-minded desire to want all sides to be heard. But putting government in charge of making that happen is a really bad idea.

Forum List

Back