48% of U.S. say govt should restrict false info even if it means losing freedoms

Big big big difference between being declared false because it does not match your agenda of feelings versus being proven factually false
MSM, Facebook and liberals employing the first criteria

Good job Donk voters indoctrinated idiots. Roughly half of U.S. adults (48%) now say the government should take steps to restrict false information online, even if it means losing some freedom to access and publish content. That is up from 39% in 2018.

Don't count me among them.
  • The government are the LAST people I want in charge of deciding what is true and what is false.
  • No site can police every post and vet every statement to know whether it is absolutely true or not.
  • All sites have to do is issue a disclaimer that statements posted are the opinions of others which may or may not be true and do not necessarily reflect their opinions, leaving it up to the READER to research for themselves the merits and veracity of statements!

Don't count me among them.
  • The government are the LAST people I want in charge of deciding what is true and what is false.
  • No site can police every post and vet every statement to know whether it is absolutely true or not.
  • All sites have to do is issue a disclaimer that statements posted are the opinions of others which may or may not be true and do not necessarily reflect their opinions, leaving it up to the READER to research for themselves the merits and veracity of statements!
When did the readers right to decide get circumvented by a bunch of pearl clutching Nannies?

Well, right now, our society is investing the power to determine true and false in the hands of people like Mark Zuckerberg. Would it be worse to have the government do it?

Well, right now, our society is investing the power to determine true and false in the hands of people like Mark Zuckerberg. Would it be worse to have the government do it?
Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes.

Democrats literally say it's their job to tell white people to shut their mouths. Saying that makes them cheer.

I actually like the concept provided it's me wot gets to decide was ist wahr und was ist falsch.!

'm sure they do, and I bet you don't even understand why.

It's because the false information has become so prevalent that it's doing more damage than restrictions on our freedoms would.

That's because some dirty, underhanded, bastards are abusing our freedoms to push fake news and crazy conspiracy theories.

And you know who you are.
So here is the problem. Who gets to determine what "false information" is? Have you ever REALLY thought about that?

Good job Donk voters indoctrinated idiots.

Roughly half of U.S. adults (48%) now say the government should take steps to restrict false information online, even if it means losing some freedom to access and publish content. That is up from 39% in 2018. https://pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/08/18/more-americans-now-say-government-should-take-steps-to-restrict-false-information-online-than-in-2018/
E9FZ6_OXIBAGCx3
Women, minorities, immigrants, and the children of immigrants who emigrated from places where they do not have a true freedom of speech.

That is why they are pushing a giant mudslide of non-European immigration on the US. They want to erase, eradicate, and rewrite the Bill of rights.

We are about a decade away from a Constitutional rewrite. Bet on it.

Forum List

Back