48% of U.S. say govt should restrict false info even if it means losing freedoms

what i think is funny, if the mods in here dared to block / ban the trolls for trolling, they'd cry foul of the highest order while supporting social media sites to do this to others.

what i think is funny, if the mods in here dared to block / ban the trolls for trolling, they'd cry foul of the highest order while supporting social media sites to do this to others.
And likewise, the Trumpsters who are howling because social media banned their dear leader, seem to think it's fine that trolls here get banned.

None of this has to do with any real principles or values. It's all about getting one over on the other guy. Partisan stupidity. Again.

And likewise, the Trumpsters who are howling because social media banned their dear leader, seem to think it's fine that trolls here get banned.

None of this has to do with any real principles or values. It's all about getting one over on the other guy. Partisan stupidity. Again.
dude - i can ignore your ass. its not my job to tell the mods what to do or what rules to enforce.

anyone who lives and dies by stereotypes on either side is a huge part of the problem to me these days.

so you agree you're being part of the problem, mr TRUMPSTERS???

that is SERIOUSLY stereotyping.
Not really. I was specifically talking about idiot Trump supporters who are clamoring for social media regulation. That's not all of them.

Not really. I was specifically talking about idiot Trump supporters who are clamoring for social media regulation. That's not all of them.
yes, really.

you can't deal with problems themselves so you assign labels and people you know to hate that will draw a reaction vs stimulate thought.

a huge part of the problem.

yes, really.

you can't deal with problems themselves so you assign labels and people you know to hate that will draw a reaction vs stimulate thought.

a huge part of the problem.
Get over it, snowflake. Trump is a grifter. Most of his followers are marks.

Good job Donk voters indoctrinated idiots.

Roughly half of U.S. adults (48%) now say the government should take steps to restrict false information online, even if it means losing some freedom to access and publish content. That is up from 39% in 2018. https://pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/08/18/more-americans-now-say-government-should-take-steps-to-restrict-false-information-online-than-in-2018/
E9FZ6_OXIBAGCx3
Roughly 6500 people stated that in the poll and they claim that is representative of America? Pfffft! That poll doesn't reflect shit. Who did they poll? Every Alzheimers patient in CA? Ridiculous poll with no credibility.

Roughly half of U.S. adults (48%) now say the government should take steps to restrict false information online, even if it means losing some freedom to access and publish content. That is up from 39% in 2018. https://pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/08/18/more-americans-now-say-government-should-take-steps-to-restrict-false-information-online-than-in-2018/
E9FZ6_OXIBAGCx3
the problem is the government is responsible for the largest part of false info,,,

Never ever allow this to happen....I don't know whats being taught in schools but slap your kid if he or she ever expresses this opinion...free speech is the fuel in the engine of freedom for all....never give the government this kind of power....

Get over it, snowflake. Trump is a grifter. Most of his followers are marks.
Ooooo snowflake. More, of the same.

All his "followers" are marks.

You're doing a shit job of proving me wrong.

Thank you dblack for the "Agree" earlier in this thread to iceberg comment "anyone who lives and dies by stereotypes on either side is a huge part of the problem to me these days."

We all need to pull together and find some common ground, somehow.

I would just like to clarify from your comment claiming that "Trump supporters who are clamoring for social media regulation". Reflecting on your statement, I find that it is not true. I believe the sentiment among the people complaining about censorship are NOT wanting more regulation: they are asking for LESS regulation. All voices should be heard. We are well educated people, mostly, and we can decide for ourselves if someone is spewing cuckoo non-sense.

E9FZ6_OXIBAGCx3
This country is doomed. These turds want Biden deciding what truth is.

I'm sure they do, and I bet you don't even understand why.

It's because the false information has become so prevalent that it's doing more damage than restrictions on our freedoms would.

That's because some dirty, underhanded, bastards are abusing our freedoms to push fake news and crazy conspiracy theories.

And you know who you are.
No one spreads more false information than the NAZIs who want the government deciding what truth is. What could possibly more damaging than totalitarianism? That's what you're proposing, moron. You're the one pushing fake news.

Yes, we know who you are.

Forum List

Back