49 former NASA Scientist (so they can speak their mind) dispute climate change.

We have known this for a while, but it's good that so many scientists have come forth and admitted it was a fraud all along.

I think it may be a thing happening in nature than a thing caused by man. Man is using the Earth's resources and has polluted the environment. But the change in the cycles of the seasons are changing so fast hemispherically that the balance of nature is exercising it's own fluctuation of environmental extremes. Changing weather patterns may be in part to the Earth's own axis and the sun's electromagnetic push and pull on the planet. I don't believe the satellite microwave transmissions could be stirring the emf of the whole planet. Or could it?

Yeah. Those pesky disappearing glaciers and drying up lakes are clearly a figment of our imagination.
You miss the point, they rightfully point out that science has yet to prove it is man made. At this point man made global warming is a theory not established fact. It should be beneath NASA to claim otherwise.

like most people, I have favorite articles of clothing. One of which is a heavy winter jacket; pure leather, worn for years, as soft as a bale of cotton. For the first time in approximately 8 years of having it, I haven't needed it this winter; it's been too hot.

Weather patterns are definitely changing.

49 scientists,or so they claim. Yet there is not a Scientific Society, not a single National Academy of Science, and not a major University that disputes that the GHGs that we are producing is warming the planet. That is millions of scientists.

The fact that these people seem to say the CO2 is not a GHG definately makes me doubt their credentials. That was settled 150 years ago.

Of course, in the face of three record warm years in a row, the denialists are definately getting desperate.

N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

The Arctic Ice has never before been this low at this time of year.

49 scientists,or so they claim. Yet there is not a Scientific Society, not a single National Academy of Science, and not a major University that disputes that the GHGs that we are producing is warming the planet. That is millions of scientists.

The fact that these people seem to say the CO2 is not a GHG definately makes me doubt their credentials. That was settled 150 years ago.

Of course, in the face of three record warm years in a row, the denialists are definately getting desperate.
The problem is there is currently no way of proving to what extent humans are responsible. Those millions of scientists are entitled to their opinion but they should be spending their time seeking proof not espousing opinions.

Say what you want about the list, I was surprised to see so many names I recognized on there. Most names on the list were not scientists by the way. Walt Cunningham is a conservative talk show host....

like most people, I have favorite articles of clothing. One of which is a heavy winter jacket; pure leather, worn for years, as soft as a bale of cotton. For the first time in approximately 8 years of having it, I haven't needed it this winter; it's been too hot.

Google up el niño.

Google up el niño.

That could be it.

I think it would be helpful to people on all sides of this issue (I will state my case in a few moments) to recall that we are limited in terms of understanding the earth. Because of this, calculations in models are full of "givens" that are not at all given. Nobody has done these calculations before. I equate it to 9/11 and WTC7. They don't know why it fell but it's a pretty good indicator the having 2 jumbo jet crashes and two of the world's largest buildings collapse from across the street didn't help. And no, nobody ever modeled the WTC7 structure against the seismic signatures of the crashes and collapses either. It would be helpful if some on the right didn't jump all over scientists for getting it wrong and it would be equally helpful for scientists to strive to stress they are not sure of their predictions.

As for me; I tend to think there is something to climate change.

Simply because I remember as a kid, sneaking out of my parent's house (numerous times) and having to wear a jacket each time I did. Once I left my jacket in the living room and couldn't retrieve it and it was bitter cold that night. I had to buy one from Chess King (which sold young men's clothes!!!). Currently, I work overnights and the idea of taking a jacket is something out of the logic of packing snow chains for the tires. You won't need either. Twenty-five years in terms of the earth is a blip on the screen, I know, but it sure seems as though the climate has changed a lot since I was younger.

That being said, it's cosmetically more appealing to not have a coal plant churning out smoky refuse than it is to have solar or wind power being generated.

We have known this for a while, but it's good that so many scientists have come forth and admitted it was a fraud all along.

What's a shame is that because they likely feared for their jobs they had to go along with what the government told them.

Does burning tires and burning oil rigs /fields cause GHG's? If so how do you plan to stop it?

Forum List

Back