5 former Memphis officers indicted on murder and kidnapping charges in Tyre Nichols’ death as nation braces for release of police video

Tyre is the opposite of a criminal. the cops are the criminals. he handled the situation in the most saintly manner possible, and got murdered

A motive has nothing to do with the fact that the kid is dead. From everything I've seen and heard, the beating is horrific. If I'm getting the tar kicked out of me, I'm not really concerned about the motive of the attacker. The same goes if I see someone else getting beaten.

Given that, I am very curious about how it happened. Why did none of the five, or those folks in close proximity, not stop the attack?
Motive absolutely is a critical component -- we don't know what transpired (yet) leading up to the interaction, and hopefully the video evidence will provide a more objective viewpoint. Too many people rush to judgement before the detail is released, we've seen this happen on a number of occasions in the last 2 years and the media continues to fuel the fire -- which will most likely lead to riots.

Sounds like this is an evolving story
You may not get all the details until the trial
That's what I'm getting at .. yet many are already rushing to justice to have the police officers crucified. We may end up having yet another riot based on inconclusive information (e.g. Jacob Blake, Rayshad Brooks).

Kenosha, WI happened because of the same type of scenario -- rushing to judgement before facts were known.

And still....if Nichols wouldn't have fought and fled he might be alive today.

He appears to be protecting himself and complying
He was fighting to keep from being hit
He ran from a taser and pepper spray

I do not see him strike an officer

Last edited:

Forum List

Back